AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Girlfunder.Com

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss_Lollipop said:
Part Time Nympho said:
lauracette on twitter. I am done with this. Sorry for trying to help!

There's nothing to be sorry for - thank you for providing the reference. I am in NO way attacking you hon - I just wanted to know *who* you were thats all! :) Thank you for putting your 2c in here. Please try not to get defensive - Layla was not attacking you or your decisions.. if you read what she said she doesn't think that the MyGirlFunder has a chance against MyGirlFund and thought it was strange it was a brand new person on the forum claiming to be a model etc. She wasn't trying to start a fight with you and neither was I.

Exactly this!

Jess read how to get model status here .. its a great forum! I didnt mean to almost start a chick fight here we just had no idea what was happening or who they hell you were lol

Thank you! We do get a bit defensive about things, because all of us have seen scammers. Shit, we've seen the same person start a new account just to defend their old account as a "friend of" themselves.

My vote, if there's a well-established model here who has a little time, sign up early and let us know what happens!

I do hope they don't get shut down by MGF for your sake Part Time Nympho.

I know the mygirlfund thing is being used quite a bit here. The reality is we are nothing like them. Girls getitng paid for images, videos and content is nothing new to the internet and certainly no site on the internet owns the rights to this type of business.

The way our system works is also nothing like any site that exists today.

We have a real time platform for messaging, account balances, and chat requests.
We allow uploading of zip files, image set creation at the touch of a button. Multiple image uploads with no limit. You can upload all of this with a nice progress bar WHILE you cam and message to make money.
You can turn on your web cam, set the system to take auto snap shots every 5, 10, or 15 seconds and instantly save all images as an image set to sell to your fans.
We also have group chat...with tips and goals automatically set.

These are just a few things that separate us from anyone out there. We still have a few more features on the way before our beta ends. Any feedback from girls is much appreciated.

Girlfunder said:
I know the mygirlfund thing is being used quite a bit here. The reality is we are nothing like them. Girls getitng paid for images, videos and content is nothing new to the internet and certainly no site on the internet owns the rights to this type of business.

We have a real time platform for messaging, account balances, and chat requests.
We allow uploading of zip files, image set creation at the touch of a button. Multiple image uploads with no limit. You can upload all of this with a nice progress bar WHILE you cam and message to make money.
You can turn on your web cam, set the system to take auto snap shots every 5, 10, or 15 seconds and instantly save all images as an image set to sell to your fans.

These are just a few things that separate us from anyone out there. We still have a few more features on the way before our beta ends. Any feedback from girls is much appreciated.
Learn2 spell
and I am glad you want to promote your site, but spamming popular cam models on Twitter is not the way to do it.

Girlfunder said:

This is excatly like MGF lol I dont see any difference in your site than theres .. have u ever signed up on MGF? bc your site is identical except for your live group camming section... everything else is a mirror image!!

good luck but im not signing up for another site that is just going to be shut down by them!

Girlfunder said:

Why did you pick a name that was almost identical to them?

Reactions: JoleneBrody
One of the reasons I like this forum is that I get to see behind the curtain of web modeling and see the way it works as a business. This thread is fascinating to me. Models must have a lot of people who only see them as a product trying to take advantage of them all the time in business.

Reactions: LaylaLux
Cassidy Nicole said:
I saw a tweet about this wesbite the other day. I saw that their FAQ on the model sign up page was the EXACT same as CamWithHer's and didn't bother to change anything or even put their company's name in. They have since changed it though.. Still odd.

Yea they completely stole their FAQ as well as photos of their models.

xoEve said:
Cassidy Nicole said:
I saw a tweet about this wesbite the other day. I saw that their FAQ on the model sign up page was the EXACT same as CamWithHer's and didn't bother to change anything or even put their company's name in. They have since changed it though.. Still odd.

Yea they completely stole their FAQ as well as photos of their models.

I didnt see pics, but when your webmaster tweeted about them, I looked them up, and I was like WTF? lol. If you are stealing model's pictures and can't come up with your own FAQ or are too lazy to change the name to yours, I will NOT be working with you. :twocents-02cents:

We already explained the pics so no need to go into that again. You can certainly scroll up and read about it.

Layla you have not signed up with an account with us so i'm not sure how you can determine that we are exactly like another site. We also have already signup enough girls and guys to do the testing on our end.

We are definitely updating the front end of our site to include a bigger faq and other information important to our site. Unfortunately some girls can't see past the "Just Opened" sign on the front door. Again we just opened this week for beta, we are still working on adding more information to our site.

Girlfunder said:
We already explained the pics so no need to go into that again. You can certainly scroll up and read about it.

Layla you have not signed up with an account with us so i'm not sure how you can determine that we are exactly like another site. We also have already signup enough girls and guys to do the testing on our end.

We are definitely updating the front end of our site to include a bigger faq and other information important to our site. Unfortunately some girls can't see past the "Just Opened" sign on the front door. Again we just opened this week for beta, we are still working on adding more information to our site.

No i didnt sign up .. from what YOU have told me in this very forum your site is just like MGF .. im not talking about what it looks like im talking about how it functions .. every detail except your group camming is the same. you can upload zip files . . videos .. live cam & chat .. photobooth images .. all that on MGF .. And then you name your site almost identical to theirs. It would be like myself making a camming site like mySUPERfreecams.com .. get the point?

I dont know how i can explain this any better? !

Reactions: missmeowmixx
I understand that you just went live this week, but stolen content is never an acceptable placeholder. You can put up lorem ipsum in the FAQ text, and purchase stock images if you want to have a pic of a model...there are other options besides copying and pasting from CamWithHer. It sounds like you have some cool features, but your lack of professionalism makes me never want to work with you.

Maybe you didn't read it or don't understand what happened but we gave a very reasonable explanation of that event pertaining to the images. We have since moved on from it and will refrain from officially addressing it again. Also we didn't ask you to model for us. The invitations to popular girls have already been sent and we have the girls we need for now.

There are several sites that pay girls for cam, images, and live chat. No one can or will ever own that business model. The key is how do you do present it; And we do it in ways that no other site does right now. That is what will separate us and make our site a success. The feedback we have form established girls AND guys is overwhelmingly great. Consider that this is just our beta version we have the early makings of a bright future in this industry.

So because I wasn't asked to be on your site while you're in beta, I can't state my opinion that it's unprofessional to steal content? Although you say you have enough girls now, I would assume that you would want more girls to model for you in the future. More girls = more money in your pocket. Therefore, you should care about presenting a trustworthy and professional image. Obviously you do not care to handle criticism in an adult manner, and to me that speaks volumes about how well this site is going to fare.

Our last post said "for now", we have the models we want for now and for testing. Of course when we officially open we want more and will again offer specials to signup. Our responses are about as professional as it gets considering the topics.

Well, I think the members of this forum gave you the opportunity to explain yourself and own up to your mistakes, but instead you bullshitted us, ignored questions, and became overly defensive. These aren't personal attacks, these are valid criticisms from people who could potentially help you. Yes, I understand what you said about having enough models for now, but my point is that it would behoove you to maintain a professional image if you would like to have more models working for you in the future. But hey, it's your site and you can run it however you want, just don't expect to avoid criticism. If you put it out there, people are going to have something to say about it.

I could never support a site that steals content. But I have to admit. MyGirlFund needs some competition. Seriously. They threaten to sue everyone, and most models have to walk on eggshells to avoid getting flagged and banned and taken down. . it's ridiculous.

Reactions: ElaySmith
MadisonLeigh said:
Well, I think the members of this forum gave you the opportunity to explain yourself and own up to your mistakes, but instead you bullshitted us, ignored questions, and became overly defensive. These aren't personal attacks, these are valid criticisms from people who could potentially help you. Yes, I understand what you said about having enough models for now, but my point is that it would behoove you to maintain a professional image if you would like to have more models working for you in the future. But hey, it's your site and you can run it however you want, just don't expect to avoid criticism. If you put it out there, people are going to have something to say about it.

Madison...will you marry me bb? That response was just so "FUCK YEA!"! Everything I wanted to say to Mr. Funder in a nice, neat, zingy little package. :dance:

@Shaun - Yes, models constantly have to be on the lookout for shady site owners who either have no intention of paying or just have put the cart before the horse with their sites so to speak. It seems like a lot of them see $$$ and don't think everything through before recruiting girls to work for them. There was a site called SupportMyWish that seemed friendly enough at first and went to great lengths to prove they were legit. They were around for about 2 months and just shut down one day with no heads up or even an "Im sorry". They now owe thousands to lots of models. The main problem with these start up sites, is that theres not much models can do to hold them liable in these situations. Technically models are sub contractors and we work at our own risk. For whatever reason I never hear of models taking sites to court, so I imagine it might be more trouble than its worth.

So, when savvy ladies see red flags like; using pictures of popular models without their permission, lots of spelling errors, cocky site owners, blatant copyright infringement ect. we generally avoid getting involved.

A caching issue on a beta server at the very time of a site being published is NOT blatant use of anything. Lets just get real here. Not one girl in here except Layla was able to even see it as it lasted all of 10 minutes. If you want hate for no reason and post hate on this forum then do it.

If you don't understand what a caching issue is then you should probably google it. Its a very understandable issue when placing a new site online. Skepticism about a new site is perfectly natural but do it for the right reasons. Talk to the girls we already have. Take a moment to look at our site for YOURSELF and see we have no models on our front end pages.

The proof is in the puddin' sugar and time will tell. Once your site been around a year or 2 and is in good standing with lots of popular models, then feel free to come back and act as cocky as you want. Until then the way you keep defensively replying to every single post here is not casting you in a very good light. :twocents-02cents:

Also: Im a web designer, I always use lorem ipsum & paid stock photos as place holders. The cache issue still does not explain how the pictures made it to your site in the first place? They had to of been uploaded at some point, correct?

Yes time will tell and thats the most reasonable response we have seen to this post. That was our position in the first place. To gain the trust of cam girls one at a time. We have invested over 100k into our website alone over the past 6 months and we are here to stay.

As a web designer maybe you can appreciate the extra effort we have placed into our system to have real time messaging, chat requests, balances, and content through technology used by companies like fb and twit.

I find it hilarious that he is basically just repeating the same info he has said through out the posts and still has yet to really answer the questions asked. If you want to gain the girls trust, you may want to start doing that.

Also, Layla was not the only one to see what you put on the site that was Camwithher's info, I did too.

I have no problem answering the question as long as we can move on from that. We bought the photos directly from the models page. Placed them as a test on our local testing machines decided not to use them or even contact the model about rights.

The files were accidentally placed on the site during our merge from our local demo server to the live site. We caught the error and removed it after about 5 minutes. Layla was on the site about the same time after seeing us follow her on twitter. She saw them and emailed us. We had already fixed it by the time she emailed us and asked her to refresh her browser using the control button so it would clear her cache. She did and never got back to us on if she still saw the photos. Thats the story from beginning to end.

Technical issue on our end, never intended to use anyones photos on our front end web site. During the same time we were updating our tour, privacy, tos, and other pages that had lorum ipsum on them. She also complained about that. Of course things will be a little crazy in the first few minutes a site is published. If we had used the images for a week or even a day she might have a point that it was on purpose but that was not the case. We sent Layla several message to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.