AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Finding Models to Cam for my Site - Not Easy!!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern with this is the lack of downtime in this business model. Maybe it's just my cam style, but I set a countdown for a show, and while I'm waiting for that to be made, I tease and chat and hang out. I make friends and build relationships. If I had no countdown, I'd just be "that slut who fucks herself." Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't think I'd be happy with that and I also don't think I'd have as many members coming back.

So, what are the guidelines for a camgirl to be online? Obviously she can't just be sitting there doing nothing to earn her hourly wage, right? There ARE successful camgirls who have "hang out" vibes in their room, some don't even get naked. Or does she have to be doing cumshows all the time? Do oil shows count? What about showers? There's also a difference between a sexy shower, and a shower where you just throw your webcam somewhere in the bathroom and shave your pits while ignoring the chatroom. Basically, how will you really enforce that a camgirl is doing her job?

NataliaGrey said:
My only concern with this is the lack of downtime in this business model. Maybe it's just my cam style, but I set a countdown for a show, and while I'm waiting for that to be made, I tease and chat and hang out. I make friends and build relationships. If I had no countdown, I'd just be "that slut who fucks herself." Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't think I'd be happy with that and I also don't think I'd have as many members coming back.

So, what are the guidelines for a camgirl to be online? Obviously she can't just be sitting there doing nothing to earn her hourly wage, right? There ARE successful camgirls who have "hang out" vibes in their room, some don't even get naked. Or does she have to be doing cumshows all the time? Do oil shows count? What about showers? There's also a difference between a sexy shower, and a shower where you just throw your webcam somewhere in the bathroom and shave your pits while ignoring the chatroom. Basically, how will you really enforce that a camgirl is doing her job?

First off, I'm very happy I found this forum. The input from both models and some of the members that have chimed in has been very valuable. I am reading each and every post and making notes. So to everyone replying. Thanks!

To address the quoted post above... We do have the ability to do a countdown clock in the main members area. This would show what time the girls are going to be going on cam and the duration of their show. (1 hour in most cases)

Also what I am doing and have done before is, we send weekly email blasts to our member base telling them what models are going to be on at what time. We do this so hopefully members can plan around it.

Most of our pre-paid shows have been laid out like this. Model sits online, members join room and for the most part she talks with them in sexy lingerie. Similar to what you would see in Free shows now on sites. The last 15-20 minutes of each show then is her doing what would normally be seen in a private show. Dancing, striptease, masturbation, etc.

If during that 1 hour show members want to make a special request, we suggest they tip.

The agreed acts in the show have never been enforced, every model we have/are working with understands that 40 minutes chat / last 15-20 getting naughty.

Everyone needs to realize, we are nowhere near as big as streamate or MFC. Those rooms, especially the free ones can be down right scary with all the people in them, Ive seen 2000+ . When our models do shows, 20 people is a busy room for us.

We have employees that watch the shows. If we see something that needs to be changed or tweaked we let the model know. This has only happened on a couple of rare occasions.

atom said:
We have employees that watch the shows. If we see something that needs to be changed or tweaked we let the model know.
Are you hiring? This job sounds right up my alley. I am highly qualified and broadly experienced in camshow watching. I'm also blessed with the inate ability to cooly spot and note down any and all tweaks in such a steamy environment.

Yours sincerely

atom said:
We also have bonuses for members to tip along with telling them that if they have specific request, models are more inclined to fulfill them if they tip.

I wouldn't be comfortable with a site that ever says this. Members regularly ask some ridiculous things. I am NOT "more than inclined to fulfill them". It will be completely up to me what requests I do, and even if someone's paying a flat rate if they have a specific request I would like them to tip me.
Kunra9 said:
So perhaps the better question to ask many of the girls that are on this forum would be, how much do you make on your absolute WORST days. Lets say the consensus is 40 an hour. Offer 30 an hour and 50% of the tips. So when she has a great day, she can easily exceed 100 an hour, but even on her worst day she will still break 30 an hour.

Erm... no.

I wouldn't work on a camsite that I might occasionally earn my hourly average. My hourly average over the last year has not dropped below $100 per hour, so no, I would not work on a camsite where I will pretty much always earn under half what I would on myfreecams. I'm pretty much guaranteed to earn at least $50 an hour on myfreecams, earning so little is the fear for me, I want to earn my average. I'd only work on a camsite that'd pay me per hour so that I'd know for a fact that I'd earn my average wage rather than earning considerably less. The whole point for me would be removing the stress. Seeing as the site has low traffic AND it's not based around tips, I'd see tips as extras as chances are there wouldn't be enough tokens at first to keep me going. What I would bring to the site would be experience, a fanbase, free promotion, and hopefully something that existing members would like viewing. What the site would give me in return would be my average mfc wage guaranteed with the chance of making more.
Kunra9 said:
Think about the girls at the bottom of page 2 of MFC who struggle. I guarantee many of them would LOVE to jump on a site where they know that no matter how bad the day is, they are still getting paid.

This was my point earlier which Bob elaborated on, you don't want to be hiring struggling, unsuccessful models.
True there are many great models who aren't successful on myfreecams, some of them move to streamate or other sites and are successful there. Some models have different styles, but... saying that, there are definitely certain types of models both personality and lookswise that are more popular. Everyone has a different type, but let's face it, some models are just always going to be more successful than others. The reason that most dudes come to camsites is to see something they can't see in real life, to get close to a girl that usually they wouldn't be able to get close to. Some guys like models with quieter rooms, but it sounds like this wouldn't be an issue on your site. I'd go with the majority and the girls who are already popular, because chances are if they're already successful then they'll continue to be successful.

I mean you're not going to get an insanely high camscore model, you thought earning over $200 was a lot? Many of the models in the top 20 are on more than that as their monthly average. I'd aim to find models in the mid range, there are plenty of them, ones between 3000 camscore and maybe around 7k camscore, ones with experience camming and being successful over time. The offer of definite money has to be enough of a draw for them. Remember, if I came to work on your site and my regulars spent money on your site, I'd be losing out on myfreecams income, meaning my camscore would drop, meaning I'd get less publicity on that site. It'd be a risk for me, one that'd have to be financially worth it.

Reactions: Teagan and atom
atom said:
NataliaGrey said:

First off, I'm very happy I found this forum. The input from both models and some of the members that have chimed in has been very valuable. I am reading each and every post and making notes. So to everyone replying. Thanks!

To address the quoted post above... We do have the ability to do a countdown clock in the main members area. This would show what time the girls are going to be going on cam and the duration of their show. (1 hour in most cases)

Also what I am doing and have done before is, we send weekly email blasts to our member base telling them what models are going to be on at what time. We do this so hopefully members can plan around it.

Most of our pre-paid shows have been laid out like this. Model sits online, members join room and for the most part she talks with them in sexy lingerie. Similar to what you would see in Free shows now on sites. The last 15-20 minutes of each show then is her doing what would normally be seen in a private show. Dancing, striptease, masturbation, etc.

If during that 1 hour show members want to make a special request, we suggest they tip.

The agreed acts in the show have never been enforced, every model we have/are working with understands that 40 minutes chat / last 15-20 getting naughty.

Everyone needs to realize, we are nowhere near as big as streamate or MFC. Those rooms, especially the free ones can be down right scary with all the people in them, Ive seen 2000+ . When our models do shows, 20 people is a busy room for us.

We have employees that watch the shows. If we see something that needs to be changed or tweaked we let the model know. This has only happened on a couple of rare occasions.

I like that your site takes away the stress with a regular hourly wage like some other cam girls said. I also like that the members are only required to pay the monthly fee to see everything on your site. Those are huge +'s for your site!

I also like that you don't want models to ask for tips. From a business standpoint, I don't think that it should be completely discouraged, but I don't think that the shows should be centered around tips like you said either. That also sets your site apart from the others.

At the same time, if you're offering members the option to purchase tips, you need to provide things that the member can BUY with them. They need to know how they can spend them, which also increases your profits!

You could have the members pay your monthly fee, and them maybe have a "menu" (with prices set site wide, or different for each model depending on how comfortable they are doing certain things) with suggested tip amounts where they can request something extra that the model isn't already doing. You could also have them pay extra for one on one time like other sites, or other special things. Pictures of the models, videos, special email from a particular model, or anything extra than the show itself.

Would you be willing to post your website's address for those of us wanting to check it out?

I've been a member of an all-you-can-eat membership site similar to this one. It used to be part of the MET-Art photo site, but went independent when MET changed to Streamate. Anyway, models don't do anything more than get naked in member chat, where tips are encouraged, but it is possible to book private time with models, as well. From the models' point of view, the public shows aren't the real source of income, but rather a way to receive exposure to members who might take them private.

Back when MET was bankrolling it, models got a flat rate for public shows and it was pretty great, both for models and members, but it lost a lot of traffic after the change. Models had to start relying on tips on a site with reduced traffic, and the more successful models moved to MFC. Some of them still book privates at that site with their old regulars, but no longer do the "public" shows for tips. The monthly membership is now very inexpensive, but shows are a lot more hit-and-miss, frequently cancelled, and there are fewer different models who bother with them.

Models do well to be wary of a site like this. Time is money, and most models will want to invest their time in a site which offers a good chance of a future return. That means a site with a solid business model that will be around for a while. Unless you can convince models that there is more to your site than $50-100 or whatever a couple of times a week, I doubt that a lot of models who are already doing well elsewhere will bite.

Isabella_deL said:
atom said:
We also have bonuses for members to tip along with telling them that if they have specific request, models are more inclined to fulfill them if they tip.

I wouldn't be comfortable with a site that ever says this. Members regularly ask some ridiculous things. I am NOT "more than inclined to fulfill them". It will be completely up to me what requests I do, and even if someone's paying a flat rate if they have a specific request I would like them to tip me.

I dunno, I feel like what atom is alluding to is what already happens on MFC. Members who tip for their requests are far more likely to have the model agree to that request. Ergo, an incentive to tip, would be the models being more likely to grant you your request than if you don't.

I agree that you do want quality models who know what they are doing vs a new model with no experience. As others said you get her followers/fans/friends, her promotion saying she will be on your site, and potentially tips to her being bought.

I would never mind doing shows when it is for paid members only. I would appreciate the option to ask for a tips for requests or for content. Say they ask for feet which requires me to take off my stockings and get in a position to show them, I don't think asking for a tip is wrong. Otherwise I'm doing my own thing.

Someone said they don't see an incentive to put on the best show without tips but I disagree with that. I put on a great show because that's just who I am. I don't do less than that, or wouldn't just because it's a per hour rate. My incentive is feeling happy with the show I did, that matters a great deal to me personally. Also maybe a member seen me, loved what I did, and will tip next time as appreciation. Always do your best that you can when you are on cam. You never know who is watching. I worked my butt off even when it was just at a pet store and I got paid the same no matter what I did.

I understand you are asking for 4 one hour shifts a week but if I was getting an hourly rate I would be willing to do more. I'm a dedicated workaholic though. I would think the more hours a girl is on and the members are getting their moneys worth it would be worth while to you. I would like to be able to get on when I would like. Maybe some of the shifts are scheduled but part of the bonuses to this job is freedom to make our own schedule and hop on when we like. If I decide to work for say 7-8 hours a week on your site i'd like to. A lot of the members like consistency from their models so you'd be giving them that. You may want to tell someone like me who is willing to work a lot more a maximum amount of hours instead you'd be willing to pay.

For me to work for an hour I think $75 - $100 would be a fair just price. Like many said it depends on the model and what she brings to the table and what her normal pay is to make it worth it for her and you. That is my bottom belt daily average. I usually make more but on a bad day that's my take. I have over 4 years experience doing this, fans, and fans who follow me. I have content to sell and offer promotion to my followers. Lots of the girls here on ACF are the girls you would want to be on your site. Not the fly by night average who only does this job for 3 months, fails, and quits. You're obviously going to pay more for the quality girl who knows what she is doing than the new girl for $30 an hour pay.

A big thing to me is also how you pay. Am I getting paid daily, or weekly there. That would be a huge big incentive to me. I get paid daily on streamate. It's one of the things I love most about it. So if i'm scheduled a time to be on and getting paid the next day that would be grand. I don't like waiting for my money even if it's just 2 weeks. I also work for another site I submit content to and get paid within hours to my paypal. So if i'm able to hop on your site for the hourly rate and get the same, or the next day payout, I would be very happy. There's also a third site that allows me to hop on and as soon as I make the minimum payout I can request pay instantaneously. I can understand how this may not be possible on your site but pay within 24 hours is a pretty big incentive to me.

So yeah I would completely be willing to do this. I love trying new things and having fun. Personally I would take a chance on a per hour average site. It would be welcoming to me sometimes.

mynameisbob84 said:
Isabella_deL said:
atom said:

I dunno, I feel like what atom is alluding to is what already happens on MFC. Members who tip for their requests are far more likely to have the model agree to that request. Ergo, an incentive to tip, would be the models being more likely to grant you your request than if you don't.

I misread the original message thinking there was a "than" in there, which'd imply that if a member tipped the model would do his request, rather than if a member tipped the model would be more likely to fulfil the request. What he said is actually fine, I just wouldn't want to work on a site where dudes are told that I would do whatever request they ask so long as they tip for it. I've already had enough trouble with members assuming if they throw tokens at you then you'll do whatever it is they want with no agreement on my part.
Teagan_Chase said:
So yeah I would completely be willing to do this. I love trying new things and having fun. Personally I would take a chance on a per hour average site. It would be welcoming to me sometimes.

Me too... Though when I work on myfreecams I do tend to earn a lot of money, proving this when I actually put my head down and got on with it and made the top 100, but the mental stress of not knowing how much you'll earn each session deters me from working, it also effects my camming. If I worked on a straight forward pay per hour I would probably work harder and be a better camgirl.

One thing that gets me down on myfreecams sometimes is sometimes I'm putting on an epic show, dancing etc but no one has money, I'm not being paid, I've got like 500 people in my room and I'm not even naked yet, meaning I've been entertaining enough to draw in the crowds, but no one's talking or has any inclination to tip for god knows what reason. Chances are if I keep it up I'll get a few big tippers at some point who'll turn my whole session around, which I won't lie, is an incredible feeling, but sticking around hoping while acting interesting and sexy it not fun or easy, sometimes I just end up sitting down and chatting to everyone, which though lots of guys seem to love chatting to me, it rarely brings as many tokens as dancing/being sexy. I think if I knew I were going to get paid at least my average then it'd take the stress off completely, I wouldn't feel the need to try and get tips, I'd just have fun and be sexy and actually be able to enjoy my job.
I've been considering moving into full/part time work so that when I cam it's just for extra income and I can just enjoy it for what it is, but in my area the kind of job I'd want just doesn't come up very often, and I do Charity volunteer work 2 days a week which I can't give up at the moment. Camming on set income is definitely something I'd consider, but like I said before, it'd have to be my usual average or being on set pay would be completely pointless. I wouldn't move from myfreecams just to work on another camsite where I'd again have to hope for tips just to earn my average wage.

Reactions: Gen and Teagan
I'm a little surprised that the $200+ hourly wage breakdown is WHOA, BIG NEWS to you, atom.
(granted, this is all relative and subjective)

Reactions: JoleneBrody
mellymay said:
I'm a little surprised that the $200+ hourly wage breakdown is WHOA, BIG NEWS to you, atom.
(granted, this is all relative and subjective)

To be fair, that's really not average... It's doable, but only about 100 models out of 30,000 (mycamgirl.net: "36301 models that have been online in the last 3 months and not considering accounts that have been closed.") or so active ones on MFC are earning that much. That's not even .01%. I don't know about other sites, but that's an incredibly small number.

This is a difficult question because we all make different hourly pay. For girls who have a very high camscore, the idea of hourly pay doesn't have much appeal, because they make so much an hour anyways.
I haven't made it to that yet. And honestly hourly pay is something I would be interested in doing in addition to my MFC shows. I get on MFC with a countdown to a cumshow like most girls do. I'm online for about 3-5 hours usually. But that 1st hour is painfully slow. All of my action comes in once I pass the halfway mark of my countdown. But at the end of the day I make 35$ an hour, so it's still good. For me it would be a waste of my time to log into MFC for only 1 hour. But if I was told for 1 hour, get on cam, follow this routine, and you will be paid $40, I would be more than happy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.