AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Display of member's tokens

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2012
I have been wondering about the pros and cons of showing my tokens and reward count (i.e. the settings in My Account). Do models take any notice of this? I am quite a regular user and have a reward count of many 1,000s

some models will take you more serious if you start a conversation when you don't hide it..
some models will take advantage of it.. and start jumping on you if your points are high
some models (me) don't give a crap.. and treat you the same
some models look actively for members who have high token/reward showing, and will stalk you through pm even if you never visited her room..

it really depends on how you like to chat on mfc, i have a premium account and i always have everything hidden, not because of the shame of not having thousands of reward points, but mostly to not get stalked by girls i never even heard of..

most models do notice it, but its not such a big deal, since it doesn't automaticly mean that members will drop tokens on their ass..
it can however make you seem more serious when it comes to discussing private shows and such.
its all up to you.. ;)

Reactions: Wendsor
I used to check member's token stats way more than I do now. In fact, now I don't check at all.

The only reason it should matter is if a model needs to see the amount of tokens you have before a private. I personally don't even check tokens before a private, but I know many models do.

I think it's pretty clear though when a model is searching her room for the members with the most reward points and tokens... clicking a bunch on the screen without typing and getting really excited sometimes xD

Even though my premium account has usually 0 tokens and maybe 80 reward points, I still get messages from some models begging me to come in to their rooms for shows. I think the #1 reason members hide their stats are to get away from this.

If you're making requests in a model's room (i.e. "show ass" or "can I see your feet" or "can you lick your nipples for me?") and have 0 tokens showing, she probably won't pay attention to you. If you have at least a handful available and visible, she may do a simple request in expectation that a few of those tokens will be tossed at her when she does. Many girls will expect the tokens first, though, but it could make a difference.

If you're requesting private shows, having at least part of your information visible helps.

If you're being a douche-knuckle and have your info visible, and have 0 tokens and 20 points, that's a pretty guaranteed ban or ignore. Not necessarily because tipping after being a douche-knuckle makes anything better, but more to the fact that a 0/20 premium who is acting out clearly only became premium to pester people.

My suggestion is usually to let your tokens and points be generalized by "high/medium/low" and set your PM ability to friends only.

alfiebiggs said:
I have been wondering about the pros and cons of showing my tokens and reward count (i.e. the settings in My Account). Do models take any notice of this? I am quite a regular user and have a reward count of many 1,000s

I don't think it's a big deal if you decide to let your tokens and reward points be visible. I have my tokens and reward points visible on my premium account, but when I visit a room on my premium account, it's because I'm planning on tipping and chatting with that model.

As long as you're treating the model right in her room, and you're not being a douchebag, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. And if you're worried about chatting with models only to have them ignore you due to lacking tokens, then they're probably not the kind of models you want to be dealing with anyway.

Now if you have 1,000 tokens and you've been sitting in a model's room barking orders at her and not tipping, then that's pretty douchebag-ish. And if it was me, I would've been like "Alfie, you have 1,000 tokens. You need to tip for your request, and ask me nicely." :) SOMETIMES the guy will tip after I say this, and other times the guy will just leave. He's probably thinking Pffft! I ain't tipping this bitch. I'm gonna let my tokens accumulate so they can earn interest. :roll: :lol:

AmberCutie said:
My suggestion is usually to let your tokens and points be generalized by "high/medium/low" and set your PM ability to friends only.

This. I used to show my tokens, and the main problem I had was that some model friends would quiz me as to why my token count was lower today than it was yesterday, even though I did not tip them. Fuck that shit!

I look at the tokens/reward points but I try to ignore it. I figure that guys know if they're showing these things and they want to be seen. I imagine that they have a lot of girls that will latch on to that so I just don't. Until someone proves to me that they're a good tipper, I'm not going to treat them any differently. I call everyone out by name and say hi if I see them enter and it's up to them after that.

I dont accept private requests from guys with hidden tokens :/ Also, I hesitate less when banning someone with low points. Maybe Im being shallow or something but Ive had WAY less douchiness from guys with high points. Having an "identity" or being on the site awhile seems to make one care more about their "reputation" with the models and thus act more like a grown-ass adult.

I have always had my tokens and reward points hidden because I don't like to disappoint people and if they see I have X amount of tokens and reward points then they may expect more than I can do. Second, I am jobless right now and don't want any disappointed models who see my high reward points and wonder why the hell is this guy never tipping me. At least if I have them hidden then they are more likely to think I am just another freeloader.(For which I am at this point) I would un-hide them if I was to take a model private though.

i show my points, but not my tokens. i use token storage to help me budget my tokens. so it would not be uncommon for a model to see zero tokens even if there are a few thousand in storage.

I hide them, I made some girls angry because I didn't give them all the token I had in my account.

I have my tokens and reward points displayed to models. With some models it helps to get them to take me seriously and pay attention to me even though I'm new to the room. I've only ever had 3 or 4 models give me any unwelcome attention as a result of having my token balance displayed, and in every case they stopped right away after I ignored them for a few minutes. So I really don't see any reason to hide them. Modelsl who want to look will be able to, and those who don't care won't bother looking.

I always hide my tokens, but I have my reward points visible, just so they don't think I'm a cheap ass freeloader when I'm trying to speak with them.

Then again some model did call me out for being a $20 premium when I have 800+ reward points :think:

AnabelleLeigh said:
Ill admit that the other day there was a guy in my room showing 60k tokens so he got more attention than the other people in the room.

Did he ever tip you? I get the feeling the ones showing that many tokens are just flashing their "cash" in hopes of more attention. I have heard that some members buy a lot of tokens then either charge back or get refunds later.

hide tokens...so i dont get besieged when i enter a room.....show reward points to show im not a cheap begger

AmberCutie said:
If you're making requests in a model's room (i.e. "show ass" or "can I see your feet" or "can you lick your nipples for me?") and have 0 tokens showing, she probably won't pay attention to you. If you have at least a handful available and visible, she may do a simple request in expectation that a few of those tokens will be tossed at her when she does. Many girls will expect the tokens first, though, but it could make a difference.

If you're requesting private shows, having at least part of your information visible helps.

If you're being a douche-knuckle and have your info visible, and have 0 tokens and 20 points, that's a pretty guaranteed ban or ignore. Not necessarily because tipping after being a douche-knuckle makes anything better, but more to the fact that a 0/20 premium who is acting out clearly only became premium to pester people.

I find this to be the best setting. I don't want models to think I'm a freeloader but I don't want them thinking I'm loaded either. Models are there to make tokens and despite my good looks, charm, & coolness lol...at the end of the day tokens talk & BS walks!

Just Me said:
AnabelleLeigh said:
Ill admit that the other day there was a guy in my room showing 60k tokens so he got more attention than the other people in the room.

Did he ever tip you? I get the feeling the ones showing that many tokens are just flashing their "cash" in hopes of more attention. I have heard that some members buy a lot of tokens then either charge back or get refunds later.

he did but nothing spectacular, i think a couple hundred, but he wanted to do a private that I wasn't able to do at the time.

Good question original poster. I've always wondered about this. Definitely nice to get input from models on this issue. As for myself, I'm currently hiding both tokens and rewards. However, after reading this thread, I'm thinking of just showing my points. At least that way it doesn't look like I've been freeloading the whole time I've been on MFC. In whatever case, as long as you're not being some jackass demanding without tipping and actually do tip for request. On top of showing respect to the model, then all is good. Unfortunately, MFC is a haven for freeloaders. Just my 2 or 3 cents (Wonder the origin of this saying?) on this thread topic.

randy_777 said:
Good question original poster. I've always wondered about this. Definitely nice to get input from models on this issue. As for myself, I'm currently hiding both tokens and rewards. However, after reading this thread, I'm thinking of just showing my points. At least that way it doesn't look like I've been freeloading the whole time I've been on MFC. In whatever case, as long as you're not being some jackass demanding without tipping and actually do tip for request. On top of showing respect to the model, then all is good. Unfortunately, MFC is a haven for freeloaders. Just my 2 or 3 cents (Wonder the origin of this saying?) on this thread topic.

You can also choose the option of just showing your points as low, medium, or high, if you don't want the models to see exactly how much you have spent.

randy_777 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_two_cents

Reactions: randy_777
"My two cents" says Luna is awesome for posting that wiki link. :lol: Thanks Luna, don't know why I just didn't wiki it before!

Reactions: LadyLuna
I show tokens and reward points, but transfer all tokens to storage unless I am ready to spend them. This allows any model I visit to know I am seriously considering spending on her.
I think showing reward points combined with weeks/ years of premium membership, gives your model a good idea of your habits. As a member we need to assess if that is a good thing or bad thing.

FYI, from the models side we cannot see how long you have been a member. Not really sure why that's available to you and not us but... yeah.

JoleneJolene said:
FYI, from the models side we cannot see how long you have been a member. Not really sure why that's available to you and not us but... yeah.
It is not listed with the menu popup (signed up: ), thought that would be the same. ....interesting. In that case not much point in showing reward points.

I admit I'll put a little more pep into whatever I'm doing if I see there are premiums in my room showing tokens. I'm new, so I get a ton of freeloaders and beggers.

But I also leave Guest chat on, even though I've had premiums (who hadn't tipped me a cent, lol) whining that guests could talk. Why? Because I just ban the ones who are really annoying, and I've had a "guest" come back on his premium account and drop a nice tip on me. I've had guests who chatted in my room for a while sign up for premium memberships as well. Also keep in mind that members can store and/or reload tokens, as I've had someone take me to a private with only a few hundred tokens showing that turned out to be a very long private because he was enjoying himself.

Flashing a little cash is fine and all, but med/high/low or hidden tokens with points showing is probably the best middle road if you want to avoid clingy models but show that you're serious and not a whiner/begger/freeloader. If you have tokens hidden and want to get a model's attention and have her take you more seriously, even a small tip goes a long way toward that.

I don't show either my token count or points, just like I don't show my bank statements when I eat in a restaurant. If I fail to pay for my bill then I know there will be consequences. Equally, I know that if I stiff a model (no pun intended), then I will most likely lose a friend, and/or get banned.

To me it is a matter of trust and decency. But I can understand it from the model's point of view....she may not know me from Adam, and may have had many bad experiences before. I visit very few models where I actually hang-out, though I often surf the site. I try to build a rapport with a model. To me it is a lot sexier when a model is sharing herself with friends, than me just dropping some tokens to see tits or ass. As I get older, mental stimulation is superseding the physical alone.

:twocents-02cents:

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.