AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chatrubate changed algorithm? Not getting to first pages

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2024
Hey, I'm working on Chatrubate for last 4 years, have 400k+ followers, always get to the first page, but few days ago something strange start happening. I've got only max 200-250 people in my room, and finding myself on page 10-12 around accounts with 5-10 people in the room while I have 200-300.

Also tried to boost, but it didn't anything, still was on the same page.

Is this shadowban or something else? Thanks

I honestly don't believe in an anti-staleness theory in terms of tokens made. I've had genuine huge tips (10-20k) not change my rank at all, and I've gone up lots of ranks without tips plenty of times.

It's never a boost the anti staleness theory is only negative, receiving tips restores you to the position you should be, some people have suggested that if the tipper is not a regular that it helps more, I don't know.

Let's say a model has 30 regulars with colored names and asks them to idle in the room, that's like page2-3 but if enough time passes without tips you might find that model on page 5-7 and then once tips begin again they rubber band back to page 2-3. Around the same time this theory appeared CB support was also responding to questions about position with comments about keeping the room active.

Upvote 0
Am I seeing it correctly that you've worked 1 out of the last 6 months? Then I think we can solve the mystery.
She has the users in her room, she had enough colored names in her room to hit page1 but I watched her drop to page 20. A good number of colored names came and went and still she never past page 12.

I'm stumped 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: ColdCandy69
Upvote 0
I had the exact same situation, i wrote to support, which didn't solve anything. I was on page 10 after 1-2 the entire month of April and in May everything started working fine again. Yesterday I had another broadcast where I was much lower than usual, my rank changed from 100 to 1500 literally in a second :(
BUT! My crazy observation: my rank really dropped after the dislikes. And I noticed from coworkers, as soon as there was a dislikes, their room stopped working well.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Upvote 0
for almost 4 months now, the traffic has been very bad, I think this is the beginning of the end of the popularity of the website.

Upvote 0
some color users open 2 pages of the model or 10 at once. if the user is located somewhere else (in another model), he is not taken into account by the algorithm

Upvote 0
She has the users in her room, she had enough colored names in her room to hit page1 but I watched her drop to page 20. A good number of colored names came and went and still she never past page 12.

I'm stumped 🤷‍♂️
If the post here is not honest then it's a waste of time. Someone who stopped working on the site should not expect to be on the first page.

Upvote 0
some color users open 2 pages of the model or 10 at once. if the user is located somewhere else (in another model), he is not taken into account by the algorithm

Kind of surprised that you know that's a factor but still doesn't explain what's happening here.

If the post here is not honest then it's a waste of time. Someone who stopped working on the site should not expect to be on the first page.
For 5 days this month she was page 1 then the next day nothing even though she has the users to support such a position

Reactions: ColdCandy69
Upvote 0
Hey, I'm working on Chatrubate for last 4 years, have 400k+ followers, always get to the first page, but few days ago something strange start happening. I've got only max 200-250 people in my room, and finding myself on page 10-12 around accounts with 5-10 people in the room while I have 200-300.

Also tried to boost, but it didn't anything, still was on the same page.

Is this shadowban or something else? Thanks
this is not something new, I m camgirl for almost 10 years and i always seen that over the years, always models with hundred people in room next to models with 10 people on page 20/30 etc. I don't know why this is happen but be sure youre not the only one who experience that, probablly site have some bugs time to time, happened to me too a time ago and I have 440 K followers

p.s. : i m pretty sure was not my fault because after about 1 week offline break e=when I came back thing go back to normal

Upvote 0
always models with hundred people in room next to models with 10 people on page 20/30 etc

Sure theres plenty of situations like that but you enter and they are mostly grey and anonymous users, I can just divatraffic one of them and put several thousand in the room but to see 40 colored names? that i've never seen before.

Edit: er well i've never seen it before and the traffic looked legit.

Reactions: EllaM
Upvote 0
I am not a CB model, just a user. I actually wrote CB about a week ago because I noticed that the first page for male models no longer had the most popular models at the top of the page, the rooms seemed random. Super popular models still hit the top, but rooms with 600-900 viewers were middle page and on the top row there were models with only 20-30 viewers. I thought maybe I had unchecked a setting or something had changed. There is no setting and I assume this is all algorithm-related, here is their reply:

Thank you for seeking clarification. Where an independent broadcaster's camera appears on the CB platform is determined by a proprietary algorithm that looks at numerous factors, not just people actively in the room. Unfortunately, there is no setting to sort the homepage in any other way.
Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team

So not a shadowban but you need to crack the top secret algorithm code 🥷
CB has been living/thinking/breathing these issues for over a decade now I believe. They must know what they need to do to be a profitable (aka viable) business. My tendency is to defer to their calls on this. The only thing worse than feeling you've been unfairly ranked is CB not existing. Can't worry about your rank if the platform vanishes.

Anyway that's my trying-to-stay-sane perspective.

Reactions: Olive and Vixxen81
Upvote 0
CB has been living/thinking/breathing these issues for over a decade now I believe. They must know what they need to do to be a profitable (aka viable) business. My tendency is to defer to their calls on this. The only thing worse than feeling you've been unfairly ranked is CB not existing. Can't worry about your rank if the platform vanishes.

It's a great perspective. Because it's largely true.

Upvote 0
Just to update the thread, model wrote to support, support said they had a tech look at it and that everything was working as expected and after that everything was working as expected.

🤷‍♂️

Good for her that things ended up going back to normal by the sound of it 👍

Upvote 0

I think it's time for chaturbate to close! their incomes have fallen a lot, but they don't do anything about it. the site of 2018 and the site of 2024 are completely different things, it dies year by year worse and worse

Upvote 0
I think it's time for chaturbate to close! their incomes have fallen a lot, but they don't do anything about it. the site of 2018 and the site of 2024 are completely different things, it dies year by year worse and worse
There are thousands of successful models.

Upvote 0
lol I think you may have misinterpreted the post you quoted...

I don't think anyone here thinks CB needs to shut down, nor that they're failing.

Upvote 0
CB has just always felt like to me, they hire inexperienced people to do the job and pay crappy rates to them. Probably 13 year old kids still learning how to code and program, and this is why they constantly break everything.
I really do feel they need to have a whole re-design and overhaul, most likely cleanup everything and all coding etc. I wouldn't say they should shut down, they definitely still have a lot of people who like the place and tip the models and models like it there to work.

But they really are like the old grandparents who don't seem to want or think the need to "get with the times" to stay competitive.

Reactions: babykalina
Upvote 0
CB has just always felt like to me, they hire inexperienced people to do the job and pay crappy rates to them. Probably 13 year old kids still learning how to code and program, and this is why they constantly break everything.
I really do feel they need to have a whole re-design and overhaul, most likely cleanup everything and all coding etc. I wouldn't say they should shut down, they definitely still have a lot of people who like the place and tip the models and models like it there to work.

But they really are like the old grandparents who don't seem to want or think the need to "get with the times" to stay competitive.
the dude your opinion GIF

Upvote 0

keeping up with the times? Please don't! whenever updates the site breaks down and does not work well lol

Upvote 0
I think the distinct difference for Chaturbate people who love the site is that it operates much in the same way as AOL chatrooms in terms of functionality and design. Anyone my age and older is going to find familiarity there versus the cookie cutter design of SC where everyone's bio looks the same and nothing can truly be personalized.

Can broadcasters on SC design their own style of badges and cute names for frequent/high tippers? Can they customize notices for public chat or their bios? Can they create apps that are specific to the person and show with the broadcaster's name in notifications....? From what I understand it's extremely limited and rigid.

Anyone who didn't cut their internet teeth via AOL chatrooms might find that attractove...very Reddit-esque but I think it strips away all individuality and creativity.

Upvote 0
My crazy observation: my rank really dropped after the dislikes. And I noticed from coworkers, as soon as there was a dislikes, their room stopped working well.
Has anyone else noticed this?
I think this happened to me! I have very low amounts of feedback literally 10 likes. My high rank according to CB hours was #46 on Saturday. I got 1 dislike and the next time I logged on my viewers crashed through the floor and my high rank was #712. It hasn't came back up from my average over the past year, not getting guest viewers, etc. it's like my page is silenced or hidden or something I'm freaking out. Would the jump in percentage of dislike do this since I have such low feedback? My other theory is that day at #46 I finally hit 100k followers. I wonder if the algorithm pushes you differently based on followers too and 100k is a threshold for it?

Reactions: Mollly
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.