AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chatrubate changed algorithm? Not getting to first pages

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
May 27, 2024
Hey, I'm working on Chatrubate for last 4 years, have 400k+ followers, always get to the first page, but few days ago something strange start happening. I've got only max 200-250 people in my room, and finding myself on page 10-12 around accounts with 5-10 people in the room while I have 200-300.

Also tried to boost, but it didn't anything, still was on the same page.

Is this shadowban or something else? Thanks

Wow thats quite the drop, none of your regulars report any issue with stream quality or anything like that?
No,all was good all time

Also interesting thing, yesterday the site said I have rank - 61, but accordingly to cbhours I had 1410. how it is possible?

Upvote 0
yeah your stream is fine, it doesn't make any sense to me its as if the vast majority of those colored names in your room aren't counting towards your position 🤷‍♂️ i've never seen that before
Is it worth to reach the support of CB, or it's a waste of time?

Also rn the site says I have ranks 127 but on cbhours its 1248 -_-

Upvote 0

Normally i'd say no but you should probably try it because this one is super strange and you are the only one I see that far back with so many colored names.

@punker barbie

Upvote 0
Fascinating conversation here...OP is speaking with the person who created and maintains cbhours yet cbhours doesn't bother to explain the differences on rank

Upvote 0

email them and show them your site rank vs API rank like cbhours. show them your rank historic too. screenshot to them your user-list of users while you are online so they can see the number of colors.

Be ready for them to blame your computer, your internet, your everything. maybe provide already a speed test link that you can do here: chaturbate.speedtestcustom.com/
and i hope they solve your issue! good luck!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fascinating conversation here...OP is speaking with the person who created and maintains cbhours yet cbhours doesn't bother to explain the differences on rank
You mean the difference between contest and cbhours rank? that doesn't have anything to do with anything thats why i didn't bother to comment on it.

her position is way too far back for someone with like 48 colored names in her room.

Upvote 0
You mean the difference between contest and cbhours rank? that doesn't have anything to do with anything thats why i didn't bother to comment on it.

her position is way too far back for someone with like 48 colored names in her room.
I thought you might have mentioned that fact is all because OP seems to think they are related. (Not riding your dick I swear, just really thought you would.)

Can you tell by her heat map how much active tipping was happening? Maybe they have changed the weight of that factor?

More viewers doesn't always mean more action in the room is happening, if no one is tipping...

Upvote 0

So looks like I'm not sure 100% what's the best way to address my problem clearly to CB Support, any tips what can I mention to them?

Upvote 0
I thought you might have mentioned that fact is all because OP seems to think they are related. (Not riding your dick I swear, just really thought you would.)

Can you tell by her heat map how much active tipping was happening? Maybe they have changed the weight of that factor?

More viewers doesn't always mean more action in the room is happening, if no one is tipping...

I agree with you I thought maybe the anti staleness theory where no one was tipping but several people tipped and just to double check I dropped 1000 tokens and no improvement.

• Hugs
Reactions: ColdCandy69
Upvote 0
I agree with you I thought maybe the anti staleness theory where no one was tipping but several people tipped and just to double check I dropped 1000 tokens and no improvement.
One big tip or 10 100 token tips?

Upvote 0
just one big tip after several people had dropped several small ones.
Recycled token tips are usually done 1000 at a time, maybe they put a stop gap in for those? Just spitballing.

Upvote 0
So looks like I'm not sure 100% what's the best way to address my problem clearly to CB Support, any tips what can I mention to them?
try to add 5 tags to your room subject and see if you get more traffic from it? tho the situation is totally not normal, email support about it.

Reactions: Highlander884
Upvote 0
I see they have removed the counts that used to pop up when you're choosing which hashtags to use.

Upvote 0
I thought number of tokens doesn't make much difference?
Just based on how girl who frequently made number 1 often moaned about no one tipping.
Front page seems to have many of the front page regulars on right now with usual amount of viewers

Upvote 0
I thought number of tokens doesn't make much difference?
Just based on how girl who frequently made number 1 often moaned about no one tipping.
Front page seems to have many of the front page regulars on right now with usual amount of viewers

Theres an anti staleness theory that if you don't make much after a while your position will be pulled back some, I believe that its real to an extent but not a 20 page pull back.

• Helpful!
Reactions: babykalina
Upvote 0
Wait just a thought.
Have u checked to see if u are still available to rest of world?
That u haven't been been blocked somewhere in viewership options (sorry I don't know the real term for this)

Upvote 0
Theres an anti staleness theory that if you don't make much after a while your position will be pulled back some, I believe that its real to an extent but not a 20 page pull back.
Right and that's why people started token recycling hard on the main rooms. Any time I see a mod dropping thousands with a password locked bio, I'm deeply suspicious that they are passing tokens back and forth for them to tip the model with.

Reactions: dark_woman
Upvote 0
Thank you very much for that! I checked cbhours and noticed that nothing really changed with rank or page position, I don't understanding anything

Upvote 0
I honestly don't believe in an anti-staleness theory in terms of tokens made. I've had genuine huge tips (10-20k) not change my rank at all, and I've gone up lots of ranks without tips plenty of times.

I think it's moreso based on what's going on in the show and how/why it attracts (or doesn't attract) viewers.

A tip can help by getting to a specific goal and then that goal being performed leading to more viewers being drawn in/staying etc. But the tokens itself in isolation have IMO based on my experience & data not had much of a direct rank impact. It's moreso behaviour based I think. A room with regular tips also seems towards random viewers as a place where things are exciting & happening and interesting which can help with building viewership/rank as well.

Not sure what's going on with your stream though @ColdCandy69 , that sounds like a very startling and worrisome change which doesn't seem to make much sense based on the data 😔 Hopefully you'll find some answers through CB support soon or some other way.

Upvote 0
Hey, I'm working on Chatrubate for last 4 years, have 400k+ followers, always get to the first page, but few days ago something strange start happening. I've got only max 200-250 people in my room, and finding myself on page 10-12 around accounts with 5-10 people in the room while I have 200-300.

Also tried to boost, but it didn't anything, still was on the same page.

Is this shadowban or something else? Thanks
I am not a CB model, just a user. I actually wrote CB about a week ago because I noticed that the first page for male models no longer had the most popular models at the top of the page, the rooms seemed random. Super popular models still hit the top, but rooms with 600-900 viewers were middle page and on the top row there were models with only 20-30 viewers. I thought maybe I had unchecked a setting or something had changed. There is no setting and I assume this is all algorithm-related, here is their reply:

Thank you for seeking clarification. Where an independent broadcaster's camera appears on the CB platform is determined by a proprietary algorithm that looks at numerous factors, not just people actively in the room. Unfortunately, there is no setting to sort the homepage in any other way.
Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team

So not a shadowban but you need to crack the top secret algorithm code 🥷

Upvote 0