AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB to MFC... Should I move sites?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaphiraCourt

Inactive Cam Model
Jun 10, 2014
Twitter Username
@saphiracourt
Tumblr Username
queensaphira
MFC Username
saphiracourt
Chaturbate Username
saphiracourt
I'm hoping to keep this post concise, but basically, there are a lot of factors into choosing which website I'm going to work the most, and I'm hoping for some advice from some more experienced camgirls. I'm gonna start with background so people know where I'm coming from, then I'll point to numbers and things to see if you can advise me which site will work out better in the long run.

I know everyone has different goals and expectations for their earnings. I'm just trying to fit as much of this as I can around school (which is first priority) and make as much as possible so I can start saving up to be financially independent of my parents by the time I graduate. Additionally, I expect my time on cam to earn me above minimum wage ($8) and if it doesn't then i get frustrated. The average per hour that I shoot for is usually $15 or 300 tokens and I ALWAYS try to get on for an hour minimum, but more typically 2 or 3 hours at a time. I realize that I will have better chances once I have a set schedule, but that's just something I'm working towards and I know i've already improved from where I was (hopping on maybe twice a month) so that's for another discussion.

Once I read through the forums here, I wanted to work on MFC because it seemed like the most lucrative while still being friendly to public chat. I'm a nonnude/softcore model so I don't usually care for the pressure of being expected to strip naked and masturbate in private chats. (Which is something I often experience despite making my limits pretty clear on my profile)

The camscore is an intimidating thing, though, and I wanted to make the most of my first hours on (when I presumably have the new model tag) so I've been very hesitant to get online without planning to death first. In the mean time I've been broadcasting on CB with some sucess. I've found that games go over well, and that I have a few regulars who like to take me private (and ask me for things I'm totally comfortable with once there) .... but my income is still majorly dependent on those privates which makes me a little frustrated.

examples of things that are and aren't working.

1. purely by accident recently, I had a 5 hour shift on CB. by the end of it I had 2322 tokens.... 1211 of which were from public chat. That means that the earnings were split right down the middle between public and private. The time however, was far from it. I spent about 45 minutes in privates and the rest of the time in public chat playing token keno and dice roll games. So.... it worked in that i earned my goal amount of money. But, it was still heavily dependent on private shows :p

2. before this week I had gotten on for 3 different shifts on MFC. within those shifts I earned 121 tokens total. that is the opposite of what I was looking for. I really enjoyed the company and had a good time chatting with some regulars, but I can't spend 6 hours online and only earn $6. major diappointment (and yes, I had things set up such as a tip menu or a numbers game and I had a set goal)

3. two nights ago I got on MFC and had something work. I'm just not sure if I should make the leap and rely on this happening. Basically, I was online with one regular (who chats and gives me tech support but can't tip cause he's broke) and ended up chatting with a few new guys who were friendly. One in particular had a lot to say about geology (my major) and we were having a great time. I pointed out that I had been on a while, though, and that any longer was going to totally trash my already low camscore so I needed to get off and do other work. The newbie asked how he could help my camscore and when the regular told him "by tipping" he dropped 400 tokens on the spot. This happened a few more times where he made it clear that he didn't want me to strip down or give him anything for his tokens, just really enjoyed talking to me. By the end of the night I was online for just over two and a half hours and made 1495 tokens from tips. THAT is what i would consider a successful night.

So at this point I'm stuck. I can continue on CB and ward off grey faces and disgruntled privates in order to earn tokens playing games and holding long shifts..... or I can cross my fingers and make the leap to MFC where things are more friendly but the income might be less secure. What would you guys suggest for me at this point?

I have 4 galleries, and 2 videos to my name.... I'm trying to get more content soon and once I have graphics tackled I will have a club system set up, but I don't know if this is enough to get me kick started into higher earnings now that I'm taking this as a serious part time job rather than a "log on when I can" type thing. Any and all advice is MUCH appreciated and I thank you just for reading this whole long post.

Reactions: ACFFAN69 and Sansa
hi, one question.... why does it need to be either or ? I know many girls that work both sites on a regular basis, just not at the same time. There are times when it will be slow at one site and mot so at the other. The thing they all like is on those times when they just want to hang out and chat, [pajama chat is what one does], Cb seems to win out simply because of the "no scamscore" thing. It depends also on the following you build and keep. Many members belong to both sites so its not a hard thing to come visit if you tweet where u are. :twocents-02cents: :hello2:

Hello, yes I think same what Bob said. Try to keep both sites working for you, but not at same time as multicamming. Maybe try to figure out which kind of show works better on one site. Without the camscore on CB you have more time to chat only or try things out without the pressure. You may need more time for a goal, but that can be more comfortable aswell. And the use of apps is a nice gift there I think. For MFC you should have a real concept or idea for a show and goals. So you and your guests can focus on that and may tip faster to receive it. Good luck for you.

I actually disagree with working two sites. Granted MGF is pure shit, but more importantly, working two sites divided my attention, and when I wasn't doing well on one and tried for the other, I was already going in with a shitty attitude. If you're working two sites for exposure, that's different. But working two with the intention of one being backup means the backup is never going to see the better side of you.

Honestly it seems like MFC would be great for you with your prior experience. You'll want to make more than 300 per hour, keeping a score around 1500 at least is imperative to doing well. Aim for at least 500-600 an hour, keep in mind that if you get nothing the first hour it's okay, you'll probably do better as you go along. I very rarely make what I would like the first hour or two, but many sessions or many weeks leave me feeling satisfied overall.

If you can, see if you can get your regulars from CB to offline tip you on MFC so that you can go in with a bump to your camscore.

Regarding privates though, they're a reality. If they really make you feel uncomfortable, don't do them, but honestly they are sometimes so necessary for many of us. That said, I took VERY few privates between September and December and still managed to end the year with a 2000 camscore.

Good luck!!

I'm on CB full time at the moment.

I noticed with CB it's more of a "I want what I want so I'll tip to get it done and get out of here" while with MFCs it's more "I want to get to know you as a person and see if you're worth tipping." While I understand that isn't the case for most tippers/models that's how it went with me. Something else to think about is what kind of show are you doing? A majority of the customers I have on Chaturbate are very vanilla. On MFCs they're a little more adventurous. MFCs is a /lot/ more competitive as well, which is another thing to think about. It really is up to you in the end.

In my experience I noticed weekends are the best for early to late shifts when it comes to making tokens. I wish you lots of luck ;3;

Reactions: MayaEden
I'd suggest working both. Do MFC one shift and CB another. Also, privates definitely aren't a necessity, I went nearly my whole first year without doing a single one. Good luck! :)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.