AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Captain America- The first Avenger

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2010
I saw it last night, thought it was was pretty decent, liked it more than I did Thor. Has anyone else seen it yet?

I saw it yesterday, thought it was pretty good.

If you haven't seen it yet, stick around after the movie, it's pretty much standard fair for most Marvel movies nowadays, but the extra scene after the movie was awesome.

For a marvel movie I thought it was good. It wasn't as good as X-men First Class I felt, but it set up Cap pretty well and got me excited for the Avengers next year. It had a good humor about itself and never went too serious.

knowmafia said:
It had a good humor about itself and never went too serious.
This was my problem with the movie. Not that it didn't get TOO serious, but that I felt no real sense of danger.

[SPOILERS! Kinda]

Sure Red Skull was strong as Cap and he was a bit of an asshole, and had harnessed the power of the Cosmic-- sorry, Tesseract- and it could vaporize people, yada yada. But he claims through out the whole movie how he's going to crush the world city by city and Hydra will dominate with himself as supreme ruler, et al. But what we see is three guys vaporized by a light cannon that does absolutely no damage to the wall of the building behind them, even when it takes a direct hit. He threatened to destroy cities and crush nations with a weapon that couldn't even chip the paint in his office. Granted, this is a little nit-picky, but I think the director dropped the ball here. I think at least one city should have been wiped out to show that Hydra was actually the threat the movie claimed they were.

As for the funny, most was good, but a lot was predictable, almost cliche.

Didn't care for the dramatic mis-characterization of Carter endangering the lives of so many good soldiers (just because she was a little peeved) when she shot a vibranium shield in a warehouse full of weapons and men.

Loved the fact that during the climactic battle at the end, Tommy Lee Jones went car shopping, rather than lead his men. (This is OOZING with sarcasm.)

Now the above may lead you to believe I didn't enjoy the film. Quite the contrary, I thought it was a blast. The over-arching story was great The actors did their jobs (though I hoped for more from Mr. Weaving), and Chris Evans truly surprised me with his performance. He IS Captain America.
I left the theater mostly entertained but with an empty feeling, due mostly to my first point. However I was and am excited to see The Avengers.

Sorry this is so late- I just found this topic. Been working odd hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.