AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Canadian Taxes

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2012
Hello,

I am an MFC model.. and I am looking for information about how to declare my income to the government (i'm in BC, Canada). I have read there is a topic already about taxes, I attempted to click it and it says that I am not authorized! So i'm very sorry to have to repeat this question.

If someone could help me out that would be great!

jeska said:
Hello,

I am an MFC model.. and I am looking for information about how to declare my income to the government (i'm in BC, Canada). I have read there is a topic already about taxes, I attempted to click it and it says that I am not authorized! So i'm very sorry to have to repeat this question.

You should try to get authorized as a model so you can read that thread, I think it would probably be a lot easier to get access to the discussion.

jeska said:
Hello,

The best thing to do is get approved as a model to get access to that thread in the Models Only.

But alsoooooo for tax purposes the government considers you self-employed. MFC doesn't give Canadian models any forms or anything, so basically at the end of the year you figure out how much you made and claim that. The accountant I saw recommended using the amount that showed up in my bank account as my pay as opposed to taking the number that MFC says I was paid and converting it based on current or past or exchange rates or whatever.
Start holding onto all receipts for things you can claim, they might save you a ton of money.
I personally recommend (especially for your first year) seeing an accountant about filing your taxes. For Canadians who are self-employed the deadline to file is June 15th, but if you owe money the money is still due on April 30. If you have questions you could probably make an appointment with an accountant now who can maybe help you get set up. Or just make sure you are saving money for taxes every pay period. I made that mistake when I started two and a half years ago and I'm still trying to catch up.

Reactions: PeachCreamy
Evvie said:
jeska said:
Hello,

You should try to get authorized as a model so you can read that thread, I think it would probably be a lot easier to get access to the discussion.

how do you i get authorized as a model? sorry i'm new to this!!

Reactions: jeska
Status
Not open for further replies.