AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

can a model see a premium's IP address when he "logs in"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope! You're safe to lurk ;D

Have you been naughty?! :lol:

Miss_Lollipop said:
no. we can't see your IP address at all.

But MFC knows the IP address. That was (perhaps still is?) one of the ways that bans were enforced.

I once volunteered to be banned from a model friend's room while acting as a guest. After that I could not join using either a basic or premium account until the ban expired. It was a long time ago, though, so the system might have changed.

I liked this because some asswipe who pissed off a model under their member account couldn't come back and perv as a guest. Gone is gone!

Reactions: LadyLuna
wjr3 said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
no. we can't see your IP address at all.

But MFC knows the IP address. That was (perhaps still is?) one of the ways that bans were enforced.

I once volunteered to be banned from a model friend's room while acting as a guest. After that I could not join using either a basic or premium account until the ban expired. It was a long time ago, though, so the system might have changed.

I liked this because some asswipe who pissed off a model under their member account couldn't come back and perv as a guest. Gone is gone!

MFC also has your billing information, they don't give it to us!! Allowing models to access all members IP addresses would be pretty stupid.

Bans still work through the IP. If you decide to log in as a guest and act like a jackass with one of your favorite models and get banned as that guest, don't be surprised if you can't get into her room anymore with your real premium ID. :dance:

I remember I saw this happen once....a member who was a pretty good tipper decided to log out and be rude as a guest for a while to her. The next day, he sent her a PM saying hey I can't get into your room, somehow I think I got banned. She said well that's strange...I only banned one person yesterday and it was that rude guest. Busted.

Swirl said:
Bans still work through the IP. If you decide to log in as a guest and act like a jackass with one of your favorite models and get banned as that guest, don't be surprised if you can't get into her room anymore with your real premium ID. :dance:

I remember I saw this happen once....a member who was a pretty good tipper decided to log out and be rude as a guest for a while to her. The next day, he sent her a PM saying hey I can't get into your room, somehow I think I got banned. She said well that's strange...I only banned one person yesterday and it was that rude guest. Busted.
Ha! Same thing happened to me once! Ban is still intact.

AliceDoe said:
goldencorsair said:
AnaVictoriaXO said:
awesome.

on a side note, can a model see me when i log on (as a premium) but not in her chat room? (i'm on her friends list)

We can see when our friends are logged in, yes (as I am sure you can too)
well, that means that the model can see a lot of members online at a time when she logs on (since everyone pays to be on her friends list)?

JoleneJolene said:
Swirl said:

what if they reset the IP (and the NAT if they're on a network)?

goldencorsair said:
JoleneJolene said:
Swirl said:

It bans based on username and IP.

JoleneJolene said:
goldencorsair said:
JoleneJolene said:
Swirl said:

It bans based on username and IP.
so if that is the case, a banned member can simply release the IP address and log on to MFC as a Guest

goldencorsair said:
sweetiebatman said:
Have you been naughty?! :lol:
nope. just wanted to lurk
The best way to lurk is to be a silent guest. :thumbleft:

goldencorsair said:
AliceDoe said:
goldencorsair said:
AnaVictoriaXO said:
awesome.

on a side note, can a model see me when i log on (as a premium) but not in her chat room? (i'm on her friends list)

well, that means that the model can see a lot of members online at a time when she logs on (since everyone pays to be on her friends list)?

Of course they can see...some models will have huge lists of friends that they add as friends when they tip so that they can keep track of them. I'm not sure why you think everyone pays to get on a models friend list though. Some models ask for tokens for this and some do not.

Swirl said:
goldencorsair said:
AliceDoe said:
goldencorsair said:
AnaVictoriaXO said:
awesome.

Of course they can see...some models will have huge lists of friends that they add as friends when they tip so that they can keep track of them. I'm not sure why you think everyone pays to get on a models friend list though. Some models ask for tokens for this and some do not.

I've never taken tokens for a frendlist-add! Getting on my friend list is a great deal more complicated than tipping a few hundred tokens - you have to be a person that I enjoy and want to stay in contact with. This might include being a good tipper. But I'll say this - I have people on my friend list that have never spent a single token on me, I don't have any that I don't enjoy chatting with.

AliceDoe said:
I've never taken tokens for a frendlist-add! Getting on my friend list is a great deal more complicated than tipping a few hundred tokens - you have to be a person that I enjoy and want to stay in contact with. This might include being a good tipper. But I'll say this - I have people on my friend list that have never spent a single token on me, I don't have any that I don't enjoy chatting with.
some models dont get nude in public (or make enough for whatever reason) and need to charge tokens for friendlist add.

i just wanted to know whether it was deliberate that a model messaged me just as i signed onto MFC.

goldencorsair said:
AliceDoe said:
some models dont get nude in public (or make enough for whatever reason) and need to charge tokens for friendlist add.

i just wanted to know whether it was deliberate that a model messaged me just as i signed onto MFC.
Yup, if she added you to her friends list (you have no control over whether or not she does), she will see your name pop up as soon as you log in, the same as a model on your friends list appears when she logs on.

Some models abuse this and message people who tipped them in the past as soon as they log on. Did a show with a friend of mine and a regular cam in and tipped her well. She added him to her friends list, and apparently ever since then every time he logs on she sends him a message asking him to come to her room.

I occasionally ask for friends of mine to come in, but only when it's slow and I'm lonely.

Evvie said:
Yup, if she added you to her friends list (you have no control over whether or not she does), she will see your name pop up as soon as you log in, the same as a model on your friends list appears when she logs on.

Some models abuse this and message people who tipped them in the past as soon as they log on. Did a show with a friend of mine and a regular cam in and tipped her well. She added him to her friends list, and apparently ever since then every time he logs on she sends him a message asking him to come to her room.
thanks for the insight.

the model doesn't abuse it like that but i thought i was invisible to her when i logged on to MFC but not into her chat room. then one day she messaged me literally 2 seconds after i signed on (i'm not one of her highest, but most loyal mini tippers), so it got me thinking perhaps i was not as invisible as i thought i was.

it's a little strange though.
it's an IP ban, but what does a girl see. I'm pretty sure if you ban member "basic1" it shows "basic1" in a banlist.

and can he login with the same account but other IP address?

Wendsor said:
it's a little strange though.
it's an IP ban, but what does a girl see. I'm pretty sure if you ban member "basic1" it shows "basic1" in a banlist.

and can he login with the same account but other IP address?
Bans are by account name and IP. So, no.

JoleneJolene said:
Swirl said:

Wow, why would someone do that? :?
Either you like a model or you don't o_O

Reactions: AliceDoe
LilyMarie said:
JoleneJolene said:
Swirl said:
...a member who was a pretty good tipper decided to log out and be rude as a guest for a while to her. The next day, he sent her a PM saying hey I can't get into your room, somehow I think I got banned. She said well that's strange...I only banned one person yesterday and it was that rude guest. Busted.
Wow, why would someone do that? :?
Either you like a model or you don't o_O

Dunno about over there, but in America, we like to give our friends a hard time on occasion.

Swirl said:

on the subject of bans... I'd like to add a caveat about the members that shoot their mouths off to a model that they'll get past a ban using a proxy server, or a TOR like service to alter their ip address.

These days ip info is transfer from a computer in several ways. It can be transferred through whats called the network layer of the tcp/ip stack, an application like Flash, or the Java programming language, as examples. A service like TOR, or a proxy server alters an ip address at the network layer of the tcp/ip stack. Flash, which is how mfc broadcasts a models cam, transfers ip info at a different layer of the tcp/ip layer (The application layer i believe) and passes unaltered by TOR or a proxy server.

This means that even if a member uses TOR, he still won't be able to get into a room he's banned from... without additional work. the flash ip can be altered, but this is not a trivial process or easily done by the typical computer user. Java also transfers ip info, but i haven't seen any evidence mfc utilizes it to enforce bans

If someone doesn't know how to alter their ip address info transferred via flash, they could get into a room by changing their user name & a service like TOR, but they'd also have to disable flash... Which means not being able to see a models cam

If you'd like to verify your ip info please use this link

http://aboutyourip.info/

Reactions: Evvie
while i'm logged into my premium account, is there a way to stay invisible to a model that has added me to her friends list until i enter her room?

goldencorsair said:
while i'm logged into my premium account, is there a way to stay invisible to a model that has added me to her friends list until i enter her room?
No. If you want to do that I suggest either guest lurking or starting another secret prem account.

Reactions: goldencorsair
Status
Not open for further replies.