AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camcorder as a webcam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jujubeemee

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jun 21, 2010
www.jujubeeme.com
Ok ladies,
I have a question. I have recently updated my computer and all that jazz, but I am considering using a digital camcorder as my webcam. It has a remote for zoom. Also, does anyone use a tripod??? any recommendations ??

You'd have to tell me the make of the Handicam for me to be able to say if it'll work with Pan/Tilt/Zoom. The latest Handicams won't work I don't think, as I'm pretty sure they don't have a LANC port.

You can pan/tilt your panasonic with a Trackerpod using a remote. However, you'd have to have a firewire port in order to zoom and I don't think the panasonic you linked has one.

Code:
We offer 2 models that do what you want: The PowerPod and the PowerPod-LANC. Both connect to your computer via USB and both let you mount a camcorder to them. They come with software to let you move the camcorder from your computer (or over the Internet) and to view and use the video coming in over the Firewire cable.

The difference between the 2 models has to do with zoom. If your camcorder has a LANC port--that's a jack that looks like a headphone jack and is usually labelled with the letter 'L'--then you should get the PowerPod-LANC. It has a short cable coming out of it that plugs into that LANC port and uses it to control the camcorder's optical zoom. You'll be able to zoom in and out by clicking your mouse at your computer (or over the Internet). Most Sony camcorders have LANC ports, along with many other models.

The regular PowerPod does not have the LANC technology. However, our software can control the zoom of a few camcorder just by sending special signals on the Firewire line. Those camcorders are the Canon ZR-series (called Canon MV in Europe), Canon Elura series, Canon Optura, and Panasonic NV-GS70. So, if you have one of those, you can get zoom control with just a regular PowerPod.

If your camcorder is not one of those and has no LANC port, then our software will do digital zoom, i.e., when you click the control to zoom in, it will digitally blow up the image. This results in a grainier pictures when you zoom in.

Source; http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/Searc ... g_136.html

The hard part is finding a small, cheap, firewire or LANC camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.