AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Brazil is potentially banning twitter.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

AudriTwo

Cam Model
Jul 25, 2014
Twitter Username
@audritwo
Streamate Username
audritwo

So Elmo is fighting with a Brazilian judge over him letting nazis run freely on his "free speech site" and experiencing the consequences...

Also looks like starlink may also experience consequences.

Obviously work around with a vpn if you are Brazilian and if this does happen. But who knows, something to keep an eye on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MarieElise
Have you ever heard him speak? The guy is total tool. But I'm in the camp of let him burn it to the ground. Twitter is a cess pool of suck.

Twitter has always been a tire fire, but earwig has poured lighter fluid all over.

Twitter has always been a tire fire, but earwig has poured lighter fluid all over.
I tried to use it for outreach for sales and whatnot and never could get the hang of it. I can only imagine the stuff one encounters if kneedeep and a knowledgeable user of the platform.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Last edited:
Have you ever heard him speak? The guy is total tool. But I'm in the camp of let him burn it to the ground. Twitter is a cess pool of suck.
Twitter is a mess but it’s such a huge part of my profitability Both as a contact hub, and a funnel- it would super suck to lose it. Even as a sw networking tool - it’s where I find models to hire often, and also local model friends. I’m about to go to a bar with a close local sw friend who posted on Twitter looking for SW contacts in my area and I reached out.

I also think it’s one of the few high traffic social network places on the internet sw are allowed to openly work.

Also, so many sw do business almost entirely on there.. I dunno i I think losing it would gravely harm the adult industry. Despite how terrible it is.

So I’m very much in camp save Twitter despite the dumpster fire

Oh no not brazil!!! Think of all the money we are going to miss out on because they can no longer find us on twitter! :giggle:
Fuckin get bent.

The intention for this thread is for Brazilian SWers who use twitter. Also keep us in the loop that shits going down on one of the biggest social networking sites we use for advertisment...

Also brazil has a wealthy population my dude. Its not all fucking poverty. You ignorant nitwit.

Twitter is a mess but it’s such a huge part of my profitability Both as a contact hub, and a funnel- it would super suck to lose it. Even as a sw networking tool - it’s where I find models to hire often, and also local model friends. I’m about to go to a bar with a close local sw friend who posted on Twitter looking for SW contacts in my area and I reached out.

I also think it’s one of the few high traffic social network places on the internet sw are allowed to openly work.

Also, so many sw do business almost entirely on there.. I dunno i I think losing it would gravely harm the adult industry. Despite how terrible it is.

So I’m very much in camp save Twitter despite the dumpster fire
I'm with you. My whole routine would be so messed without Twitter. It's the absolute hub where I funnel all social media advertising efforts due to the fact that I can post full nude clips and adult links.

I cringe when I say it, but I even pay the $8/month for premium features because it makes my life easier.

I often downvote posts on reddit when people are so pushy about "just delete it". I hate what elmo has done to it, but I am glad it still exists. I wish he'd sell and cut losses so someone could come along and put it back together a little bit. Make it less of a cesspool of bots, maga bullshit and bigotry and the advertisers could come back full force (not sure it would make it profitable but at least sustainable maybe). Part of me thinks that after this election cycle is over, things could change since I kinda believe maybe he just bought it to turn it into a propaganda machine to push Trump agenda.

Two things can be true at the same time. I can find it completely useless and a destruction of polite society and you can find it profitable and useful. That said, Elmo took something that a lot of people in general relied on as part of their business model and fucked it gently with a chainsaw. Now he's starting actual fires that he can't put out. A friend of mine made a sarcastic comment about "won't someone think of the shareholders" when "inflation" was hitting hard. Elmo liked it...you can need something and still be thoroughly disgusted by how it operates.

Reactions: MarieElise
Fuckin get bent.

The intention for this thread is for Brazilian SWers who use twitter. Also keep us in the loop that shits going down on one of the biggest social networking sites we use for advertisment...

Also brazil has a wealthy population my dude. Its not all fucking poverty. You ignorant nitwit.

The swers can just vpn it, Brazil makes up a very tiny percentage of spenders on cam sites, Colombia does too and yet based on my stats I show they are 3x more likely to tip than a person from Brazil.

Edit: oh I see the fine, yikes, surely he's bluffing that seems like an unreasonable amount of effort, what a jerk

Last edited:
I feel like Twitter somehow has both the nicest and most despicable people on the platform. It's weird because I want twitter to go because the platforms now a cess pool of hatred you can't really avoid but it depends which "part" of twitter your on.

Some amazing creators on there and I use it for promotions. I hope if Models are blocked off the platform they can find a relatively lucrative alternative but I doubt this will happen fast. A good twitter alternative that isn't a "host your own page" type thing would be great. I'm hoping Bluesky can gradually get more popular tbh.

p.s. if anyone is affected by this or has issues with this in the future directing your audience to links you own and manage is a great way of handling it. I kept the domain nsfwsites.info and use subdomains for everything else. These domains are dirt cheap as well.

Keeping the same handle for each site is helpful as well for search results. I kinda fucked up because one of my handles had to be different because the name was used :/

you can need something and still be thoroughly disgusted by how it operates.
Oh certainly, that sums me up.

I just dislike seeing calls for it to die completely, because as noted, is still a needed tool for many.

Oh certainly, that sums me up.

I just dislike seeing calls for it to die completely, because as noted, is still a needed tool for many.
Here's an example that will hit home: I dislike CB in general (same with ManyVids) but I won't loudly clap and cheer for its demise because I know a lot of people enjoy it and need it to thrive.

The swers can just vpn it, Brazil makes up a very tiny percentage of spenders on cam sites, Colombia does too and yet based on my stats I show they are 3x more likely to tip than a person from Brazil.

If those stats are from Chaturbate specifically it's not a very good representation of the entire market. Chaturbate heavily focuses on the US, UK and EU markets instead and lacks basic language searching functionality from what I can tell unless it switches language options based on location (which might not work with a VPN)

Here's an example that will hit home: I dislike CB in general (same with ManyVids) but I won't loudly clap and cheer for its demise because I know a lot of people enjoy it and need it to thrive.
True although it is easier to switch promotional platforms than have essentially your workplace ripped out from under you. Twitter is still so massive though and such a big part of promotions for a lot of peeps.

True although it is easier to switch promotional platforms than have essentially your workplace ripped out from under you. Twitter is still so massive though. I kind of haven't had much success on Twitter so i'm glad sites like Redgifs, Reddit, Bluesky etc... can at least be an alternative for some things.
I was just giving an example of things I dislike but won't wish for them to burn themselves to the ground because others rely on them.

Chaturbate and Manyvids has never been used as a subversive tool to try to overthrow the United States Government nor grant a giant orange turd total immunity. But Twitter has.

If those stats are from Chaturbate specifically it's not a very good representation of the entire market. Chaturbate heavily focuses on the US, UK and EU markets instead and lacks basic language searching functionality from what I can tell unless it switches language options based on location (which might not work with a VPN)
just cb and strip but yeah of course they focus on tier 1 countries thats where the vast majority of the spending comes from. When I said oh no not brazil i meant that in response to the judge threatening to block twitter, they make up such a tiny portion of twitters income it would only annoy twitter slightly but brazilian citizens far more.

just cb and strip but yeah of course they focus on tier 1 countries thats where the vast majority of the spending comes from. When I said oh no not brazil i meant that in response to the judge threatening to block twitter, they make up such a tiny portion of twitters income it would only annoy twitter slightly but brazilian citizens far more.
You're so full of shit. I am so sick and tired of you gaslighting people.

"OH I WAS WRONG LET ME BACK TRACK AND SAY THIS INSTEAD"

Still going to ride your ass about you not declaring anything you actually do in the cam world other than run sites no one gives a shit about. I turned off network sites to avoid your scraping.

You're so full of shit. I am so sick and tired of you gaslighting people.

"OH I WAS WRONG LET ME BACK TRACK AND SAY THIS INSTEAD"

Still going to ride your ass about you not declaring anything you actually do in the cam world other than run sites no one gives a shit about. I turned off network sites to avoid your scraping.

Gas lighting people? where? Is this about what we talked about directly and then you couldn't find where i said it because it didnt happen?

What was I wrong about?

I think its pretty obvious what I meant if it wasn't then im sorry, i have no reason to make a sarcastic remark to audri.

Chaturbate and Manyvids has never been used as a subversive tool to try to overthrow the United States Government nor grant a giant orange turd total immunity. But Twitter has.
nevermind, my point has been missed entirely.

carry on.

Gas lighting people? where? Is this about what we talked about directly and then you couldn't find where i said it because it didnt happen?

What was I wrong about?

I think its pretty obvious what I meant if it wasn't then im sorry, i have no reason to make a sarcastic remark to audri.
Stripchat is much the same tbh. The largest whitelabel for Streamate (https://livehdcams.com/) has a 5.8% traffic share from Brazil according to it's most recent Similarweb ranking. I can't say how many spend but Streamate is a premium cam site so unless someone is willing to pay there isn't much of a reason to watch Cams there.

A Brazilian Model can't just use a VPN and get away with it as well. There are lots of ways they could be found because the whole point of owning twitter for Sex Workers is to advertise services and so those services are tied to their account. Having a VPN changes nothing.

A Brazilian Model can't just use a VPN and get away with it as well. There are lots of ways they could be found because the whole point of owning twitter for Sex Workers is to advertise services and so those services are tied to their account. Having a VPN changes nothing.

you mean like review known brazilian twitter users for new posts? yeah you have a good point i didnt even think about that.

you mean like review known brazilian twitter users for new posts? yeah you have a good point i didn't even think about that.

No no it's much easier than that for someone to crack down on it. If a Model takes steps to make sure their twitter wont get discovered they wont include links to their twitter in their Cam Site bio and avoid any mention of the country brazil in hashtags or post descriptions.

Unfortunately none of that matters because you can search for Brazilian creators on Cam Sites and then search the same name in google to check for twitter results. If any mention of that name is used at all by the Model or their fans it will be found. Having separate names for different sites slightly defeats the purpose of having twitter as well for advertising since you can think of your Model Name as a kind of unique identifier if someone forgets your URL or you move sites.

Then couple with the fact that you can just reverse image search the Model very easily these days.

I remember doing a reverse image search for a friend who was a Model because I was curious how easy it is to get discovered and I found all of their social accounts, Cam Accounts on like 5+ different platforms. It's scary how much of a footprint is left over the internet but that's the whole point we want to be discovered . So never suggest that Brazillian Models can just get away with it by using a VPN it's very unsafe and not worth the risk.

I hope that makes sense. Sorry this is quite a long post 🩷.

Last edited:
I’m still hoping against hope for one of the Twitter alternatives to steal away enough market share to make leaving Twitter a viable option for those of us that begrudgingly need to use it.

Twitter is just… massively infested. Best way I can sum it up. It is a valuable tool marred by uncontrolled infestations that ruin the experience.

Like if a would-be great restaurant let itself get overrun by roaches, rats and ants. Except in this case it’s bots, trolls, extremists, creeps, conspiracy mongers, and engagement farmers.