AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anyone know the size of the barrel charging connector for Domi 2

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2020
Charger was lost. Trying to find a replacement. I see various USB-to-barrel charging cables and some universal sets with a variety of tips that could be used but don't know the size of the barrel end to look for.

Anyone know?

Thanks. Yes, I saw some but shipping from where they are to where it needs to go and the time involved makes that a less desirable option. I'm sure that it's just a standard-sized barrel connector that can be found locally. Lots of similar USB-to-whatever cables available not marketed as for Lovense. Not very expensive, can buy several and see what fits. Was just hoping someone knew to save that.

Thanks. Yes, I saw some but shipping from where they are to where it needs to go and the time involved makes that a less desirable option. I'm sure that it's just a standard-sized barrel connector that can be found locally. Lots of similar USB-to-whatever cables available not marketed as for Lovense. Not very expensive, can buy several and see what fits. Was just hoping someone knew to save that.
Adapter might be standard size but the amps and volts to charge will vary from things. Your universal method could work, connected wise but voltage/amps could damage it and shorten life span or simply not work.
Online and waiting for delivery safest method over universal adapters for these expensive toys.
Would still reach out to lovense and see what they say, could be free shipping but always at mercy of slow mail system lol

Adapter might be standard size but the amps and volts to charge will vary from things. Your universal method could work, connected wise but voltage/amps could damage it and shorten life span or simply not work.
Online and waiting for delivery safest method over universal adapters for these expensive toys.
Would still reach out to lovense and see what they say, could be free shipping but always at mercy of slow mail system lol
this is great advice. i fried/rendered useless too many expensive toys by being cheap and impatient. OP if you are gonna get a charging cable that isn't from the manufacturer make sure the voltage/amps for the charging block are the recommendation and get quality cables/charging blocks.

do not order cables/charging blocks from amazon. (https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/10/business/amazonbasics-electronics-fire-safety-invs/index.html)

Charging:
Turn off the device before charging. The cable can be plugged into any USB port or USB/AC power adapter to start charging. It will take approximately 160 minutes to fully charge.

USB Power is 5 Volts, and current between 500mA to 2.1A depending on the PC's USB Port version. Wall adaptor USB chargers are usually 2.1A, and 5 Volt as well.

The Domi charging circuit will only use what current it needs so both USB current output levels will work.

If your cable is still good you should be able to just plug it into your PC / MAC / whatever to charge it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: inertvolcano
Follow-up:

I bought a Domi charging cable from eBay because at a glance it looked like it would fit my camera instead of buying the expensive 'official' Canon power lead.

This is the cable I received:
https://tgigi.com/search?q=domi&options[prefix]=last

As luck would have it - it DOES fit the camera, and cost much less than the $39.99 some other sites were charging for a Domi lead.

It is just a simple USB to Barrel lead, there's no electronics inside it.

Barrel Outside is electrical Negative.
Barrel Inside is electrical Positive.

I took a few dimension measurements for the barrel in the photos below..

USB-Barrel.jpg

Barrel-Outside.jpg

Barrel-Inside.jpg

The Camera connector has a 1.5mm pin in the center and the barrel was a good fit on it.
Any pin from 1.5mm to 2.0mm should fit the barrel.

Reactions: bbbbadddd
Follow-up:

I bought a Domi charging cable from eBay because at a glance it looked like it would fit my camera instead of buying the expensive 'official' Canon power lead.

This is the cable I received:
https://tgigi.com/search?q=domi&options[prefix]=last

As luck would have it - it DOES fit the camera, and cost much less than the $39.99 some other sites were charging for a Domi lead.

It is just a simple USB to Barrel lead, there's no electronics inside it.

Barrel Outside is electrical Negative.
Barrel Inside is electrical Positive.

I took a few dimension measurements for the barrel in the photos below..

View attachment 93666

View attachment 93667

View attachment 93668

The Camera connector has a 1.5mm pin in the center and the barrel was a good fit on it.
Any pin from 1.5mm to 2.0mm should fit the barrel.
Usually what I use to goto for things, ebay/amazon as they where usually cheaper then the actual suppliers brands, but some things i rather stick to name brands. cables you cant usually go wrong.

But as to your no electronics comment, CRACK open an old USB end, there is actually a small electronic board there. BUT as per earlier initial comments, i thought the adapters were PLUG based, forgot most/some opted for USB based. Either way, glad there are options for it & any USB to pin will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.