AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Another selling panties question?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KinseyStar

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 8, 2012
California
profiles.myfreecams.com
I recently sold my first pair of panties on MFC. Does anyone have suggestions for the cheapest most reliable method for shipping? Should I use Fedex, UPS, USPS? How should I package it? I'm thinking just a small bubble mailer may be the most useful. Does anyone have any other tips on future panty selling?

let them dry fully before hand and then a simple ziploc bag inside of a cheap bubble mailer will do. Just go to a UPS store. They do UPS and post through their and will find the cheapest option.

JJ pretty much covered it. I use Fedex. Even when I'm shipping across the world the shipping costs are very cheap for panties. Reliability wise, they're all huge international mailing companies and I feel they can pretty much be trusted. (Well, Fedex and UPS. USPS seems to be flailing about lately).

The absence of a return address might invite awkward questions but its not like anyone is going to ask for an ID. Assuming you don't want to use your real name or cam name or even real address, I would make one up. Like Nickname 321 Main Street. If the sender's address is bad your both out a pair of panties and whoever lives at 321 main street will get a pleasant surprise.

cptn_jack said:
The absence of a return address might invite awkward questions but its not like anyone is going to ask for an ID. Assuming you don't want to use your real name or cam name or even real address, I would make one up. Like Nickname 321 Main Street. If the sender's address is bad your both out a pair of panties and whoever lives at 321 main street will get a pleasant surprise.

That is funny, but true.
But if a girl at 321 main street gets those, she may have questions for her bf/husband. LOL.
You may have just caused a breakup or divorce.

See what a pair of panties can cause?? :lol:

Just make an address up or get a PO box.

CurvyCutie said:
Do you guys just not put a return address on these things?
I was wondering how I should work that.

Honestly, I just put the panties in a ziploc bag and place them in a small manila bubble envelope. I put the guy's address on it, and I leave the return address spot blank. Then I put a few stamps on it and mail it myself.

Now if you mail something from the post office (or UPS Store), they tell you that you HAVE to put a return address on the envelope. I've used both of these places to mail items, and both places said the same thing. They won't let you leave the return address spot blank.

When it comes to mailing something simple like a pair of panties or an 8x10 picture, I never saw any point in making a special trip to the post office anyway. You can get bubble envelopes and ziploc bags at the dollar store, and if you keep a book of stamps at home, then you're good to go and can mail it out yourself. The only time I go to the post office is when I need to mail a delicate item or a large item I can't mail out on my own.

If you're worried about the name of your town showing up on the postmark, you could mail it from a mailbox in a DIFFERENT town. Those big blue mailboxes can be found everywhere...lol.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Panties are lighter than most letters.

Step 1: buy some white letter envelopes that take half a sheet of printer paper. (6 x 8 3/4 inches). The ones I have use a pull-off thing to get the stickey bit. Buy some forever stamps, and ziploc baggies.

Step 2: prepare the panties however you do it (shoving the crotch up my hooch to get my scent on them is my method, some girls will just send them clean, and some will spray with perfume. Find out before hand if your guy has any perfume allergies if you do the latter... I promise they happen.) LET THEM DRY OVERNIGHT. This is important because wet + dark place = mold. If the guy you're sending them to is allergic to mold, this is a HUGE problem.

Step 3: fold the panties so they'll fit in the envelope (you may need to test this a few times before you get it right, but the envelopes are cheap, so don't worry about wasting one.) Put them in the ziploc, get all the air out as you close it (some girls suck the air out with a straw, I flatten them under a pile of textbooks). You want them really flat to use this method.

Step 4: address and stamp the envelope BEFORE you put the panties in. One forever stamp is enough, but if you're really nervy about it use two. You may want something heavy on hand to help hold the envelope flat while you close it. I once had to tape the envelop shut, and had no issues at the post office.

Step 5: drive to another town, and deposit in a mail slot.

Please note: I used to have a PO Box, and the first time I did this I did verify with the post office that the package was small enough for a regular stamp (it had my return address, but the guy did get the panties just fine). Since I wear cotton bikini cut, the only heavier are briefs, boyshorts, and VERY frilly thongs. I'm pretty damn sure briefs and boyshorts will be light enough.

If anyone has a kitchen scale, the regular stamp can handle any "letter" under 3 ounces to any destination within the US.

EDIT for clarification

These are really great tips. Thanks! I rarely ever mail anything, so deciding between regular post mail and a company like UPS was a conundrum. I actually sold a few pairs today. I was surprised how much interest there was in it. But I think being so new to the site, every little bit helps right now. :) Thanks again.

So I went to the post office today. I decided on a $5 flat rate envelope for shipping. It was a little bit more expensive than other options, but it seemed more reliable (and I'd hate for it to get lost because I used a very fake return address)

Status
Not open for further replies.