AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anonymous tips in the top tipper list

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yossarian said:
Sevrin said:
yossarian said:
Anonymous tipping makes no sense to me.

Sense? It makes sense if a member has tokens, and feels like tipping anonymously. You could easily argue that it makes no sense for any one member to tip any one model at any point in time, because there is always someone else who might tip. You can easily get your rocks off on MFC, more than most sites, without spending a penny. It's a social sexy cam site, and members go there for shits and giggles, and whatever they do that does not give offense is fair play.

If enough models are offended by anonymous tips, perhaps MFC could add code that would allow models to refuse them. There will always be other models who will happily accept them.

Whoa, simmer down, Rage Man. I was just wondering what the motivation is to hide one's identity from the model. But I've clearly touched a nerve.

there are a lot of possible reasons for tipping anonymously, including the fact that a lot of models that post screen caps of tips. once these screen caps are posted, the tipper has no idea how many models might send PM's.

i have also seen models with low camscores lurking in a new model chatroom just to find guys to PM. one time i even saw a model that wasn't naked trying to talk guys into leaving a new model's chatroom while the new model was naked. i decided to check it out and see exactly what she was doing and it turned out to be 2 Russian girls on cam together with the topic "300 until naked" meanwhile, the new model was naked and getting tips but nobody tipped the 2 Russian girls for 2 hours (the visitors were probably busy watching the naked model they originally intended to visit).

another reason for anonymous tipping is that some models never stop complaining that only certain people are tipping (even though they are meeting their tip goal for a public show). it doesn't make sense to me because people will tip for something they want and some people don't have much time to wait. i know plenty of models that would be glad to just have one person tipping them all the time if it means they are getting paid (especially studio models that don't get paid until they make their quota and end up with 25% of their own total earnings to show for it while often working something like an 8-hour shift).

there are also people that don't want other visitors to see their tips but don't want to send a completely hidden tip (some models have one of the visitors counting tips for them).

Reactions: MemberEd
ComicOzzie said:
I still cannot understand why members do not set their PMs to friends only. :?

Setting PM's to friends only greatly improves the MFC experience but some models can be very persistent and will then just send MFC mails, complaining that they can't PM you.

i just saw a pic in a model's profile that reminds me of why an anonymous tip could be a good thing.

a guy tipped a model 20 tokens a bunch of times in a yellow wall on MFC and she took a screen cap of it.

to make it even more non-anonymous the screen cap even has him on his cam.

God said:
i just saw a pic in a model's profile that reminds me of why an anonymous tip could be a good thing.

a guy tipped a model 20 tokens a bunch of times in a yellow wall on MFC and she took a screen cap of it.

If it was a yellow wall, then the tips were visible to the room anyway...

Its pretty common for girls to post screen caps of their tips on their profile. If the tip is offline or "invisible" then the girl should refrain, but when tips are visible it doesn't really seem that big of a deal.

AmberCutie said:
God said:

Its pretty common for girls to post screen caps of their tips on their profile. If the tip is offline or "invisible" then the girl should refrain, but when tips are visible it doesn't really seem that big of a deal.

his face was on her screen and in the screen cap

There are lots of reasons for anonymous tips. I've done it for many of the reasons already mentioned in this thread.

Here's a somewhat common one: I want the model to know who I am, but not the rest of the room. But I do want the rest of the room to see the amount (especially if it's for a countdown or something). So a ninja tip won't work, but an anonymous tip with my name in the tip note works perfectly for this.

Once again, I was specifically referring to members who hide their identity from the MODELS. I understand the many reasons one would hide it from the room. I've done it myself. But the thing that people seemed to have their knickers in a twist about was the fact that the MODELS could figure out who tipped them anonymously.

The MODELS, I say! The MODELS!

yossarian said:
Once again, I was specifically referring to members who hide their identity from the MODELS. I understand the many reasons one would hide it from the room. I've done it myself. But the thing that people seemed to have their knickers in a twist about was the fact that the MODELS could figure out who tipped them anonymously.

Well I've intentionally hidden my identity from models, too. Mostly for the reasons already stated in this thread. Tipping a model whose room I may not visit again and from whom I don't want any attention. Tipping a model who feels like she's not getting tips from enough different people. (Although this must be done very carefully and in a very limited manner, otherwise it can be pretty obvious and that can just make her feel worse.)

yossarian said:

To better understand tipping behavior, it is almost imperative to actually be a tipper. ;)

Reactions: MemberEd and Sevrin
God said:
AmberCutie said:
God said:

There are many guys out there who want that sort of thing. You have no idea how many guys I've had who wanted me to turn their camera on then turn my camera to face the screen and show them off to the room. I don't do that kind of thing, don't worry.

schlmoe said:
yossarian said:

To better understand tipping behavior, it is almost imperative to actually be a tipper. ;)

Uhhh...okay, Captain Assumer.

LadyLuna said:
God said:
AmberCutie said:
God said:

There are many guys out there who want that sort of thing. You have no idea how many guys I've had who wanted me to turn their camera on then turn my camera to face the screen and show them off to the room. I don't do that kind of thing, don't worry.

i've seen models do that before too, but i was talking about a model's profile pic having his face

Models, please clarify if I'm wrong, but this is how I understand it (at least for MFC):

Pervs can always see who they've tipped in their token usage history, anonymously or not. They cannot see which tips were submitted anonymously.

The room can see a tip from an anonymous user if the tip was submitted with '/tip -a' or the 'Anonymous Tip' and 'Display this tip in the chat room' options checked, but the tipper's name remains unknown to the model. At least one of you ladies calls this type of tipper an "Anonymoose."

Likewise, models cannot see who submitted an anonymous tip with 'Display this tip in the chatroom' unchecked (or /tip -ap). Also, these tips do not appear in the room, though members may hear the model's tip chime through her microphone. These are commonly called "ninjas."

Models can see who submitted a tip with '/tip -p' or Display this tip in the chat room' unchecked, but the room can't. The model may call this tipper a "ninja" as well to keep his/her identity a secret.

I'm not too worried if those anonymous tips end up as part of my end-of-month or end-of-year aggregate, as I'm sure most of you have better things to do than to comb through your chat logs to resolve discrepancies between my named tips and my ninja tips.

I don't really find anything wrong with anonymous tipping. For example, I may want to give my favorite model a surprise. She knows I'll tip if I'm in the room, but maybe I want to give her a little something extra.

Evvie said:
♥ A member did not want "his" model to know that he was tipping someone else.
If MFC has such a flaw in their software, I consider it a problem. I don't want to cause jealousy between models, and I don't want a model to see I've been tipping well in [REDACTED]'s room and then try to lure me into hers in an attempt to improve her take. (I don't think the models who frequent ACF are that type, though.) I tip [REDACTED] because she appeals to me. I don't tip randomly, or because a model is just there. If I like you, I'll tip, even if not right away. (If you don't strike my fancy, don't worry. I'll be out of your way soon enough.) When I discovered the model I now consider my fave, I was actually too shy to do more than lurk. I can't even remember how long it was before I finally dropped coin. Hopefully, I've made up that shortfall to her by now.

Reactions: MemberEd and Sevrin
Status
Not open for further replies.