AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

amazon gifts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArielRae

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Apr 1, 2015
Hey girls. Do you have the amazon gifts set up so they ship right to your house or do you have a box at the ups office or how do you do it??? Thanks xox

Reactions: LexieBlair
I'm in the middle of moving so I currently don't have a shipping address.
If you're interested in sending things to a P.O box you can go to your local post office and ask about it. They'll help you out, UPS/USPS has information on their websites bout the P.O boxes too!

If youre comfy with whoever buys anything off your wishlist (third party sellers, or amazon and hidden addy or not) then go right ahead and put your addy into amazon. Basically no matter what you do if someone buys something they can get your address through amazon one way or another. Its not hard to do even. So I highly suggest putting no addy there and only taking egift cards from them. If youre dead set for some reason on having people ship you things get an address that is not a PO Box but an actual address or suite number or something. A lot of places will not ship to PO Boxes so that's why.

Well here you can get a mailbox at the post office for a certain fee every month so my actual address wouldn't be on the amazon account at all... was just curious how everyone else does it and if paying for a mailbox would be worth it

ArielRae said:
Well here you can get a mailbox at the post office for a certain fee every month so my actual address wouldn't be on the amazon account at all... was just curious how everyone else does it and if paying for a mailbox would be worth it

They would definitely be able to easily find that address, though, so if you'd like to obscure the town/area that you live in, you would have to get one really far away. Is it a PO box or an does it have an actual street address? Most mailboxes at the post office are PO Boxes, which many sellers wont ship to. Personally, I pay for a mail forwarding service that is across the country from me and receives and ships packages for me. I've been considering cancelling it and only accepting gift cards though because I end up spending a ton for shipping. If I were starting out again, I would probably choose to just accept only gift cards and let the person tell me if they want me to get something specific off of my wishlist with it. Since you can redeem Amazon gift cards on your personal account, you can use that and get the items shipped right to your house! I have Amazon Prime so it's much more convenient if I can order it myself.

ArielRae said:

So look at this scenario...Someone gets your addy to your box and just waits outside till you pick up your gift and follows you home. He now knows where you live, your plate number, etc. He can get any info he wants from that point. Sounds crazy but it has happened. Girls have had guys fly countries and countries away to try to get to them. So just be careful cause a box is not safe any more so than just putting your real addy on amazon. Is some gift really worth that? Vs just taking egift cards to amazon instead? Or at the very least using a remailing service? And fyi as far as I know every post office requires you to put your real name on the box that is on your license. Risking your safety and security again. Then you can put an AKA name with it but still it is not truly safe for you to do.

I know this is in the "Ask-a-model" section,

but would like to just add that email giftcards are by far the safest option (excluding tokens of course)
the thing you just need to be careful of is fake emails made to look like they are from amazon, giftrocket etc
Always check that email is in fact from amazon and to redeem it BEFORE giving the person anything or doing anything like a skype show for them. I've often heard of guys ordering a gift, model does skype show with them, then they just cancel gift after. IGNORE any email from the person like - "oh here's a pic of my amazon account as proof or here's a receipt," all fake.

Some models put a email address in there profile and mention to use it for email giftcards, but IMO this can be a bit risky because it gives any asshole the chance to email you a virus hoping you will open it, so if you do add it to your profile be very cautious of emails.
For a while some assholes were PMing models saying "Hey i just found a recording of you here's the link", and it was a link to a virus or some spam crap iirc, there's nothing stopping them from searching through models profiles and doing the same with emails.
You could just make a graphic on your profile saying something like "If you want to buy me a gift off my wishlist, mfc mail me what gift(s) you are interested in buying me" then when they do , then u can give them your email. Would maybe reduce the chance of anyone emailing you.

I agree with Teagan, also having a PO Box in another state is far more of an inconvenience than just asking for email giftcards.
Someone knowing your PO Box address, gives them a place where they know you will definitely be. I've heard plenty of models say on cam something like "i'll check my PO Box tomorrow before i cam" or "hope your gift is there tomorrow"

They can also cancel gift cards after you've redeemed them, the only time a gift card is really yours is once you've actually purchased items with it! That can be done pretty quickly though if they are intending to get you something specific or if you have a personal wishlist of things that you want and need that you can just pick right off of instead of browsing for a while!

KayleePond said:
They can also cancel gift cards after you've redeemed them,

Oh damn i didnt realise this, i thought as long as you redeemed then it couldnt be cancelled, thanks for the info :) x

Depending on where you live, you can try using an Amazon Locker. They're free and it will only show the state on your wishlist. Only problem is there's only a few cities in the US that have them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.