AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Account Boosting with Likes

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Sep 24, 2024
Hello,

I have noticed over the past couple of weeks, a studio tipping their own model with their spare accounts 25 tokens in order to submit a thumbs up rating.

The statbate website was very helpful in this regard.

These models all from the Models Tale Agency/Studio:
little_lolla18 (tipped herself)
chloe_bianca (this model has been known my about 4 other accounts prior to this, starts a new one when the satisfaction score gets too low and the new model tag expires)
barbarababe18
princess_diana18

There might be more, who knows.

In one case, one model tipping herself 25 tokens haha
It's resulted in 1 model receiving 200 likes in her first 4 days of broadcasting, which is amazing and conveniently overcomes the 20 dislikes she has received in the same period.

These are the boosting accounts, most you can see on all of the models listed above.
alexiadeviz
alice_preuoston
annie_ren
bettybridgee
coconey1
daddys_cutie69
doris6cream
eroukiyo
kim_helen (an ex Models Tale Model)
kim_sexy69
kittylovecam (an ex Models Tale Model)
lolakendy
loremiss_1
milakendyy
monimorgan
pinkcoral_
quirkquin
sofitayler_1
tinaross_
tracyblack1
wendy_gold

I just wanted to ask, is this a normal thing done on this website that I have never noticed before, or is this something new?

Also, is this accepted on Chaturbate. It seems like an unfair advantage for these studio models compare to everyone else.

I would love to know peoples thought on this :)

Thanks

Reactions: Skaar_the_Savage
just enjoy the site for what it is, you can drive yourself insane trying to work out ranking algo's and stuff when you have 1/1000th of the data to be able to do it. You like the model, cool tip have fun, the business side isnt anything you need to worry about.

Upvote 0
just enjoy the site for what it is, you can drive yourself insane trying to work out ranking algo's and stuff when you have 1/1000th of the data to be able to do it. You like the model, cool tip have fun, the business side isnt anything you need to worry about.
I think you have missed the point.

I have no interest in working out how the algorithm works. I’ll leave to that someone else. It’s clearly complicated with multiple elements to it, more than likely it includes things viewers cannot see or that aren’t obvious.

What I am saying is, it is my opinion that the satisfaction score does have an impact on ranking. I am talking about the satisfaction only, not any other elements of the algorithm.

There’s a studio creating an unfair playing field.

The vast majority of models already struggle to get any viewers in their room and tippers without studios like this manipulating their own accounts.
It’s anti competitive and cheating.

Whether it is or isn’t something I should concern myself with is irrelevant, I’ve seen it and I am sharing it here to get other peoples point of view.

I thank you for contributing to this thread.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have noticed over the past couple of weeks, a studio tipping their own model with their spare accounts 25 tokens in order to submit a thumbs up rating.

The statbate website was very helpful in this regard.

These models all from the Models Tale Agency/Studio:
little_lolla18 (tipped herself)
chloe_bianca (this model has been known my about 4 other accounts prior to this, starts a new one when the satisfaction score gets too low and the new model tag expires)
barbarababe18
princess_diana18

There might be more, who knows.

In one case, one model tipping herself 25 tokens haha
It's resulted in 1 model receiving 200 likes in her first 4 days of broadcasting, which is amazing and conveniently overcomes the 20 dislikes she has received in the same period.

These are the boosting accounts, most you can see on all of the models listed above.
alexiadeviz
alice_preuoston
annie_ren
bettybridgee
coconey1
daddys_cutie69
doris6cream
eroukiyo
kim_helen (an ex Models Tale Model)
kim_sexy69
kittylovecam (an ex Models Tale Model)
lolakendy
loremiss_1
milakendyy
monimorgan
pinkcoral_
quirkquin
sofitayler_1
tinaross_
tracyblack1
wendy_gold

I just wanted to ask, is this a normal thing done on this website that I have never noticed before, or is this something new?

Also, is this accepted on Chaturbate. It seems like an unfair advantage for these studio models compare to everyone else.

I would love to know peoples thought on this :)

Thanks

Search this site for "studios" and you will see there are pros and cons for working in a studio. And yes, the playing field is tilted to maximize CB's profits. Keep that in mind and many things become clear.

Pick a model you like and help boost their rating by joining the fan club, giving daily thumbs-up, and tipping generously. Don't fall in love.

Reactions: Iluvablow69
Upvote 0
What I am saying is, it is my opinion that the satisfaction score does have an impact on ranking. I am talking about the satisfaction only, not any other elements of the algorithm.
But are you suggesting that the positive votes are boosting their position or simply used to negate the negative votes that may be lowering their position?

Because usually chaturbate doesn't introduce things that give positional boosts because of course that would be targeted for abuse.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
But are you suggesting that the positive votes are boosting their position or simply used to negate the negative votes that may be lowering their position?

Because usually chaturbate doesn't introduce things that give positional boosts because of course that would be targeted for abuse.

The first one.
I think it's the negative votes that have the impact, they send the likes to offset the dislikes. It looks like keeping it above 90% rating. I do not know the number they are aiming for, or the number needed, but looking at their accounts they are between 91-95% as a the minimum.

The overall base number obviously depends if they send a counter like. I,e, 198 likes vs 2 dislikes. If they received a third, they do not do anything with it. It takes it from 99% to a rounded up 99%.
They have an account with 212 likes and 21 dislikes. this is 91%, which is close to the wire for them I guess, so they sent a bunch of likes yesterday that will cement at some time today I guess.

Upvote 0
There is a theory that receiving multiple down votes (edit: in a short time) causes a positional penalty however as you can imagine that is super difficult to test....well...I mean it's not something anyone wants to test on purpose.

(Edit: not my theory, I've seen it mentioned several times on cam girl problems discord)

That's correct, they can't spend any tokens on anything aside from the promotion boost thing
Tbh I've wondered this myself, though not exactly if its by number of down votes but just the ratio. Started camming again recently and someone gave me a downvote for the stupidest reason, but because it was only my 3rd vote my rating dropped to 67% and traffic instantly dropped the next time I was on 🤔

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
Tbh I've wondered this myself, though not exactly if its by number of down votes but just the ratio. Started camming again recently and someone gave me a downvote for the stupidest reason, but because it was only my 3rd vote my rating dropped to 67% and traffic instantly dropped the next time I was on 🤔
Interesting that reminds me of that other model that had that weird rank issue regardless of the amount of colored names in her room she had also returned after long inactivity if I recall correctly. I wonder if she got a downvote too that brought her percentage down.

Upvote 0
So, I got the usual bullshit answer from CB. Instead of actually answering the very simple question I asked which was, "Do votes contribute to page rank?" They chose to tell me about all of the ways a broadcaster can improve rank.

I figured that would be the response and I would post a screenshot of it but they've tossed a bunch of personal info of mine into the response and I don't feel like editing the email to post.

But as others have said, if her earnings haven't changed it really doesn't matter. Going to touch some grass now. Happy Friday, y'all!

Upvote 0