AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Account Boosting with Likes

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Sep 24, 2024
Hello,

I have noticed over the past couple of weeks, a studio tipping their own model with their spare accounts 25 tokens in order to submit a thumbs up rating.

The statbate website was very helpful in this regard.

These models all from the Models Tale Agency/Studio:
little_lolla18 (tipped herself)
chloe_bianca (this model has been known my about 4 other accounts prior to this, starts a new one when the satisfaction score gets too low and the new model tag expires)
barbarababe18
princess_diana18

There might be more, who knows.

In one case, one model tipping herself 25 tokens haha
It's resulted in 1 model receiving 200 likes in her first 4 days of broadcasting, which is amazing and conveniently overcomes the 20 dislikes she has received in the same period.

These are the boosting accounts, most you can see on all of the models listed above.
alexiadeviz
alice_preuoston
annie_ren
bettybridgee
coconey1
daddys_cutie69
doris6cream
eroukiyo
kim_helen (an ex Models Tale Model)
kim_sexy69
kittylovecam (an ex Models Tale Model)
lolakendy
loremiss_1
milakendyy
monimorgan
pinkcoral_
quirkquin
sofitayler_1
tinaross_
tracyblack1
wendy_gold

I just wanted to ask, is this a normal thing done on this website that I have never noticed before, or is this something new?

Also, is this accepted on Chaturbate. It seems like an unfair advantage for these studio models compare to everyone else.

I would love to know peoples thought on this :)

Thanks

Reactions: Skaar_the_Savage
Those votes don't mean anything. They are just a sophomoric way to let viewers vent about shows they dislike without bothering support about it.

Upvote 0
I do not believe this to be the case unfortunately.
The model I moderate for was consistently on page 1-2.

This studio sent 20 accounts to dislike her account. Nothing else changed and she was on pages 15+ for hours, occasionally reaching page 6. Whilst still earning 10-15k in public, plus whatever during private shows.

There must be some relationship to satisfaction score and rank.

As I am sure you know, there is less chance of attractive new viewers the lower down the rankings you are, as people have to visit more pages to find you.
Those votes don't mean anything. They are just a sophomoric way to let viewers vent about shows they dislike without bothering support about it.

Upvote 0
I do not believe this to be the case unfortunately.
The model I moderate for was consistently on page 1-2.

This studio sent 20 accounts to dislike her account. Nothing else changed and she was on pages 15+ for hours, occasionally reaching page 6. Whilst still earning 10-15k in public, plus whatever during private shows.

There must be some relationship to satisfaction score and rank.

As I am sure you know, there is less chance of attractive new viewers the lower down the rankings you are, as people have to visit more pages to find you.
I have been a model on CB for almost 12 years. I was there before this system was in place and know for a fact top rooms hide their score because they have a lot of downvotes and it just looks bad for them.

Room rank is largely based on the number of registered users in the room, those viewers tipping history on site, their token balance and the number of fan club members in the user list, and of course active tipping happening.

Having one fan club member in my room elevated me several pages in rank versus when there are no fan club members in the room. Add five or more and traffic is through the roof.

But, hey, believe what you want.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply Vixxen, I appreciate you sharing information with me.

Here are two screenshots of her rank and viewers. One before the dislikes happened and one after. Going from a 99% satisfaction score to 86% satisfaction score - the dislikes have now been removed so we shall see what happens tomorrow when she broadcasts again.

I tried to find a point in time where the exact same viewers were in the room at approximately the same timeframe. She would have had 2 Fanclub members in the first one, and 2-4 in the second one.

Given this is the only thing that has changed, I can only assume this does in fact have an influence on the ranking.

It cannot be possible otherwise to fall this amount in one day otherwise.
Going from rank 50-100 before the dislikes, the next broadcast onwards rank 350-500

You can see it changed dramatically the very next broadcast.

1727292372575.png1727292421958.png1727292813072.png

Upvote 0
dislikes dont get "removed" they just drop off after 90 days. why are you so worried about this anyways? Thumbs up and down is so useless, i wouldnt be upset about it

edit: both thumbs up and down drop off after 90 days

Upvote 0
dislikes dont get "removed" they just drop off after 90 days. why are you so worried about this anyways? Thumbs up and down is so useless, i wouldnt be upset about it

edit: both thumbs up and down drop off after 90 days

In this case, it was reported to support and they removed the dislikes, so it didn't take 90 days to drop off.

Can you help me understand the difference between the stats, from the day the likes 'cemented' - whatever you want to call the 24 hour timer, ranking dropped massively.
It is the only thing that changed, I am confused why no one else thinks it makes a difference haha

Upvote 0
It is the only thing that changed, I am confused why no one else thinks it makes a difference haha
Because it doesn't. And it may not be the only thing that changed, it's just the only thing you saw that changed. If you don't know how to read the information you're posting, why are you relying on it to begin with? That's a rhetorical question, by the way.

Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
Because it doesn't. And it may not be the only thing that changed, it's just the only thing you saw that changed. If you don't know how to read the information you're posting, why are you relying on it to begin with? That's a rhetorical question, by the way.
Hello Vixxen,

You mentioned visitors and fan club members play a role. Therefore I showed the same number of visitors with significantly different rank.

I also showed the very next broadcast after the dislikes, a huge drop in rank.

Her regular tippers didn’t change and still tipped her the usual 15-20k tokens plus private shows (which obviously I have no idea). Her price didn’t change from 150 per minute.

You are correct in saying it is the only thing that I can see. I cannot see anything other than the dislikes effecting the ratings.

It was the same user number, same of similar fan club number (if anything the lower rank had more fans), it was a similar time, a different day, yes. Which is why it fluctuates abit depending on the rest of the models and users, but not by that amount.

How many models do you see past page…10 maybe, that have 78 non bottled viewers? 😂 Almost none.

Clearly I do not know how many tokens were being held by the 78 users for each day.

This is why I posted that snapshot of the history of ‘best rank’ to give an indication of the consistency before, then the big drop the very next broadcast after the dislikes.

I would be happy if someone points out what I am missing.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Tell ya what, I did everyone a favor. I emailed support to get an official answer. I could explain why it doesn't matter but this isn't my first rodeo on this forum and I really don't have the time to break this down. I'll update when I get the response.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much Vixxen.

I am sorry if I am being annoying, it is not intentional. I am just confused (if you haven’t guessed) haha

I really appreciate your help 😊

I will also check the same stats when the model returns and see if it’s the same or improved now the dislikes are removed.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much Vixxen.

I am sorry if I am being annoying, it is not intentional. I am just confused (if you haven’t guessed) haha

I really appreciate your help 😊

I will also check the same stats when the model returns and see if it’s the same or improved now the dislikes are removed.
You're not being annoying, I'm probably a lot older than you think I am and I just have some wisdom about things and if I'm wrong I'll be happy to say so.

Upvote 0
I'm still trying to understand why there are complaints if the model is still bringing in 15k-20k + tokens, page/rank/etc makes no difference. Get that bag!
Her regular tippers didn’t change and still tipped her the usual 15-20k tokens plus private shows (which obviously I have no idea). Her price didn’t change from 150 per minute.

Upvote 0
I'm still trying to understand why there are complaints if the model is still bringing in 15k-20k + tokens, page/rank/etc makes no difference. Get that bag!
It's about the model contest. Probably. Or just her general attitude that nobody should downvote her because she is pulling that kind of coin. Because Chaturbate promotes "new" models above everyone else, it's really hard when that first crash happens of losing the new model shine. I haven't asked any of those leading questions but I suspect there's a bit of all of this happening...I think when you have a really bad day on CB and it shows, everyone just goes somewhere else because there are so many models online with active thumbnails. A bit different than say MFC where there's only a static thumbnail to view before entering the room so people are more likely to pick a set of models and stick with them. Just spit balling, really.

Upvote 0
Wow. A reply from the boss herself 😂

The reason is, the model left her studio to go alone.
She was the top model, they are unhappy about her leaving.

They sent dislikes with the intention to lower her rank and hurt her profile.
I am just a user, so I do not know half of what you know, but from what I see, it worked.

Yes there was a drop off once the new model tag ended mid August, but that’s always the case.

In order to counteract this, I create a couple of new accounts and tipped likes to this model.
I have now been banned, hopefully I can speak to support to rectify. I am banned for using automation to enhance an account, I mean I done it manually…
This was the initial question, this studio likes their own models to ‘enhance’ their accounts. It’s no different from what I done, so far everyone is saying it doesn’t matter also 😂
I am just confused, if it doesn’t matter, why was I banned. Also, what caused the big drop if it wasn’t the dislikes.

This is me asking the question, not the model herself, I am just trying to understand a bit more, that’s all.

Upvote 0
Wow. A reply from the boss herself 😂

The reason is, the model left her studio to go alone.
She was the top model, they are unhappy about her leaving.

They sent dislikes with the intention to lower her rank and hurt her profile.
I am just a user, so I do not know half of what you know, but from what I see, it worked.

Yes there was a drop off once the new model tag ended mid August, but that’s always the case.

In order to counteract this, I create a couple of new accounts and tipped likes to this model.
I have now been banned, hopefully I can speak to support to rectify. I am banned for using automation to enhance an account, I mean I done it manually…
This was the initial question, this studio likes their own models to ‘enhance’ their accounts. It’s no different from what I done, so far everyone is saying it doesn’t matter also 😂
I am just confused, if it doesn’t matter, why was I banned. Also, what caused the big drop if it wasn’t the dislikes.

This is me asking the question, not the model herself, I am just trying to understand a bit more, that’s all.
Well if you had just revealed all of that to begin with then I never would have wasted my time. Her studio has affiliate traffic and she lost that boost. JFC.

Upvote 0
A bit different than say MFC where there's only a static thumbnail to view before entering the room
MFC has moving thumbnails too, there's a lot of options on how members view the homepage.

Reactions: Iluvablow69
Upvote 0
You're still trying to manipulate the system, so I can see why you'd be banned. (Studios operate and are ruled differently than user accounts on most sites)
Well if you had just revealed all of that to begin with then I never would have wasted my time. Her studio has affiliate traffic and she lost that boost. JFC.
No, this is a brand new account, not linked to that studio and never was. That account was filled by another model from that studio.
Sounds like she's used to how things worked when she was in studio. Things are different independent.

So I'll state again: if her income has not changed, there isn't much to be upset about.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
You're still trying to manipulate the system, so I can see why you'd be banned.
This was the intention of this thread.

I started by asking about a studio who are trying to manipulate the system. Shouldn’t this be banned / stopped from the site.

The answers I have received are, it doesn’t matter as there isn’t system.

However, I have been banned. Even thought I was watching a young woman working hard to create an income only to be bullied by her prior studio. They also posted her real name in chat that was thankfully removed quickly.

Of course, people can say I should have read the ToS, but I didn’t know this was not allowed.
I am generally polite and well behaved, I do not have to read the ToS as I automatically abide by them. Clearly, not in this case….

Upvote 0
Ah I see your edit.

Essentially it is ok for them to manipulate the system to increase their income.

However, a user is not allowed to enhance their favourite models account with nothing to gain from it.

Upvote 0
I believe the only thing upvotes do is increase the likelihood of your account being recommended in the top row for users that have that option turned on, though I don't think it generally translates to much. On the other hand users do get warning messages when tipping models who are under a certain dislike ratio so I can see how the model/studio could be using this tactic to get around that. Ultimately though I don't think it goes against the site's rules 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
Ah I see your edit.

Essentially it is ok for them to manipulate the system to increase their income.

However, a user is not allowed to enhance their favourite models account with nothing to gain from it.
Studio accounts are not viewed as individual user accounts, so they are treated differently.

You as a person created multiple accounts to game the system.

They as a studio had multiple people signed up and verified in their account which posted actions to a room.

Those are not viewed as the same actions. (As far as I can surmise)

Upvote 0
Studio accounts are not viewed as individual user accounts, so they are treated differently.

They as a studio had multiple people signed up and verified in their account which posted actions to a room.

Yes, I understand 😢

However, that is based on the assumption that these are in fact individual people on those account. This is incorrect, many no longer work for the studio or they have created a new account to run. I think it’s 3 models now on their second account, and recently 1 is on their fifth account with that studio in order to use the new tag boost. I am sure chloe_bianca18 will be on a new account in a couple of weeks 😂 The old ones are left to act as a boost. They no longer broadcast and should no longer be linked to that individual.

Lolakendy for example, broadcast for 6 minutes, I guess to make it look like they are active. I promise you, they are not 😂 It is not just this account, I haven’t specifically picked this one.
This is definitely trying to manipulate any system that is or isn’t in place.

I do understand though, I was trying to correct their manipulation by doing that very same (well the opposite) thing. Two wrongs…

I can hope Chaturbate reverse my ban that is for using automation to enhance an account, for that I am innocent 😇- let’s not dwell on other things I may or may not have done wrong 😬

Upvote 0

I don't believe studio accounts can tip other models, so the studio owner would have had to have made a bunch of regular accounts to do it.

Upvote 0
There is a theory that receiving multiple down votes (edit: in a short time) causes a positional penalty however as you can imagine that is super difficult to test....well...I mean it's not something anyone wants to test on purpose.

(Edit: not my theory, I've seen it mentioned several times on cam girl problems discord)

I don't believe studio accounts can tip other models, so the studio owner would have had to have made a bunch of regular accounts to do it.
That's correct, they can't spend any tokens on anything aside from the promotion boost thing

Upvote 0
Hmmm…that is interesting. How do they do it?
Sofibloom1 is a model and 100% tips other models. RubyRolls was a model, now vacant and again this account has tipped other models.

In total this studio has around 6 models.

They have 53 accounts that I know of, most have been used over the past few months to tip their own models or dislike other models.

Upvote 0