AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Accepting Physical Gifts?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2014
Hello everyone!
I was just curious if any models regularly accepts physical gifts from the members?
Any thoughts? Someone had recently offered sending an electronic device to me.

If you want to do this, there are a couple things to consider

-If you use amazon wishlists, make sure you have a post office or UPS box, because the address will be available to anyone buying things from there
-Also this if he's just mailing it directly to you

Members sending models gifts is very common.

-However, you should seriously consider whether you are comfortable doing shows/sending content for "gifts", since its not money that can be used for important things (taxes, food, savings etc). You don't want to put yourself in a position where members stop buying shows and tipping and just send "gifts" instead.
-If you're on MFC, its also important to consider that it won't help your camscore if that money is going toward amazon instead of tokens.
-If you are accepting gifts in exchange for shows/content, make sure you have it BEFORE sending/doing anything because these things can be cancelled.

Gifts are nice but don't let them get in the way of making real money to support yourself long term!

and this is just me being creepy but like....if its a phone or something make sure there isn't some hidden GPS software on it or something :shifty:

I thought I'd openly ask.
I wanted a certain webcam from Amazon that was listed on my wishlist. I saw on twitter one well known model, it appears she physically accepted a tablet from a regular member. The card with a personal message came with the tablet so it appears the member directly sent the gift to the model. I am guess her forwarding address.

I didn't accept the webcam.

This may or may not be relevant, but here's a trick that my guys use with Amazon! It doesn't work with everything, I think just products that are fulfilled via Amazon, but it's pretty cool!

1) They put an item from your wishlist into their shopping cart, and select your wishlist address to have it shipped.
2) They put whatever non-wishlist item they want to send you in their shopping cart.
3) They delete the original item from the shopping cart.

Apparently it will still let you send the non-wishlist item to the wishlist address. Which is interesting, and a potential security issue if lots of people find out and you don't want them sending you random shit from Amazon, but it could come in handy.

LilahMorrigan said:
This may or may not be relevant, but here's a trick that my guys use with Amazon! It doesn't work with everything, I think just products that are fulfilled via Amazon, but it's pretty cool!

1) They put an item from your wishlist into their shopping cart, and select your wishlist address to have it shipped.
2) They put whatever non-wishlist item they want to send you in their shopping cart.
3) They delete the original item from the shopping cart.

Apparently it will still let you send the non-wishlist item to the wishlist address. Which is interesting, and a potential security issue if lots of people find out and you don't want them sending you random shit from Amazon, but it could come in handy.
One of my favorite dudes did this with some books he thought i'd like. Thoughtful :).

SoftMochi said:
I thought I'd openly ask.
I wanted a certain webcam from Amazon that was listed on my wishlist. I saw on twitter one well known model, it appears she physically accepted a tablet from a regular member. The card with a personal message came with the tablet so it appears the member directly sent the gift to the model. I am guess her forwarding address.

I didn't accept the webcam.

It depends on how the message was put; amazon lets you add a card with a message on the package, but usually it's nothing really fancy (maybe there's another way to add a better card, but if there is, I haven't found it yet).

Jessi said:
-If you use amazon wishlists, make sure you have a post office or UPS box, because the address will be available to anyone buying things from there

It depends on the seller(s)... I just sent a gift to a model that was a mix from 3 sellers - amazon and two third-parties selling through amazon. In all cases I had tracking info for the packages, but the address was hidden (at most I could see the city she used for the delivery, so that might be a problem for you). However, I've heard stories of third-party sellers on amazon that send the recipient's address to the buyer as part of their normal procedures even when it was set to hidden on the wishlist :shock: .

Reactions: Amelia Liddell
I have things on my Amazon Wishlists but have it noted to send a gift card with the specified product they're wanting to gift written in a note with it.
That avoids them ordering anything and allows me to ship it to myself. I think that's the safest method, and most people are willing to do this.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Wouldn't give out your home address no matter what you might get out of it, or how comfortable you are with the user. But models using PO Boxes or an Amazon Wishlists is very common. If you use an alias as the ship-to name on the wishlist, and don't check the box that allows items to be shipped from 3rd party sellers, your personal information is relatively safe with Amazon (barring a hacker getting into your Amazon account). The shipper won't get your full information just by sending you an item off it, as long as it was shipped by Amazon themselves. Some of the 3rd party sellers though will show the full shipping address to the buyer. :snooty: The city the item ships too is commonly shown though. If you live in a tiny one, I'd go for a PO Box in a neighboring city.

I regularly earn Amazon credit from using Bing rewards, doing online surveys, etc... and sometimes use that to gift items to models to show my appreciation. When I don't have the available credit for cam site spending. It is a nice option to have. I tend to not include an identifying gift note, because I don't want someone expecting I'll get them gifts when they want something. :shifty:

Reactions: SoftMochi
Keep in mind security, otherwise let your member gift you as they please.
Camming historically has always had the option to give gifts; studios used to buy gifts for models on members behalf.

I would not recommend using your own address, I have recieved receipts from manufacturers/ distributers containing hidden addresses a few times in gifting.

Common sense would also be to wait for any gift to arrive before trading services of any kind for gifts.

Think of how you will reward/ thank your member. From the members end it can be a bit of a mixed experience.

For sending multiple items, keep in mind delivery costs, using the same 'store' and sending as one package saves money.

A gift is usually given in place of some spending by the member on their cam site/s. This can mean you recieve more, but only if it is something that you want/ need. Used selectively recieving gifts can get you some awesome rewards.

Recieving money directly/ gift cards is always a good option. Keep in mind cam site rules on gifting (Usually it is banned).

For my experiences of gifting, I've gifted these type of things to models: Money (direct transfers), plane ticket, cameras, tablet, shoes, dresses, winter clothing, lots of hair products and accessories, makeup, perfume, fresh flowers, books, personalised diary, home decorations, baby toys, sex toys, and jewellery. For many members it is just part of the experience of camming.

Reactions: SoftMochi
A gift is usually given in place of some spending by the member on their cam site/s. This can mean you recieve more, but only if it is something that you want/ need. Used selectively recieving gifts can get you some awesome rewards.

I wish members didn't offer "gifts" when they mean "purchase". Not that theres anything wrong with trading shows/content for goods if there's something you really need and both people have agreed to payment in this way! But trying to frame as a gift is kind of disingenuous. When I give someone a gift I don't expect to get something back for it.

To clarify again, the model who received the gift was showing a real physical greeting card (paper) along with the boxed gift. I am guessing she used a P.O Box, a business address or a forwarding address.

Eh, she may have just given him her address. I've become good enough friends with some models that they've felt ok giving me their home address, we text with our personal phone numbers and keep up as good friends. It's not like I ever did anything to really prove I wasn't a threat other than talk to them for a long time, and I'm sure that any popular camgirl has a few dedicated friends who they feel comfortable with after a while ya know? Not everyone is a stalker/murderer/rapist, in fact the mass majority of people aren't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.