AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A browser that doesn't suck.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
inkydoo said:
LadyLuna said:
I hate all other toolbars, and am very dilligent about keeping them away. But with the number of times I have to reformat my drive, or switch out computers for a better one, yahoo toolbar allows me to make sure I don't loose bookmarks that I need.

Of course, google chrome does the same thing now, but I can only be logged in to one email address, so I use that for my camming bookmarks.
I just recently discovered that you can run more than one user profile at a time with Chrome. Each one has its own bookmarks, history, cookies, etc. I use this at work now so that I can have one profile logged into my work-related google account and another profile logged into my personal-related google account.

If you go to Chrome Settings, there's a section called Users, where you can "Add New User". It's actually pretty straightforward, and gives you different icons at the top left of each browser window to remind you which User each window is running as.

:eek: THANK YOU!

Now if only hotmail would make it easier to switch between email accounts, I could stick with only one browser!

Well, I'll still do my MFC perving on Firefox, because I cam through Chrome and it's just easier to avoid forgetting to log out of my model account if I was never logged in to begin with.

But, that doesn't eliminate reasons 1 and 2- the firefox add-ons... then again, I don't use them all that often anyway. Hm... :think:

LadyLuna said:
inkydoo said:
LadyLuna said:
I hate all other toolbars, and am very dilligent about keeping them away. But with the number of times I have to reformat my drive, or switch out computers for a better one, yahoo toolbar allows me to make sure I don't loose bookmarks that I need.

Of course, google chrome does the same thing now, but I can only be logged in to one email address, so I use that for my camming bookmarks.
I just recently discovered that you can run more than one user profile at a time with Chrome. Each one has its own bookmarks, history, cookies, etc. I use this at work now so that I can have one profile logged into my work-related google account and another profile logged into my personal-related google account.

If you go to Chrome Settings, there's a section called Users, where you can "Add New User". It's actually pretty straightforward, and gives you different icons at the top left of each browser window to remind you which User each window is running as.

:eek: THANK YOU!

Now if only hotmail would make it easier to switch between email accounts, I could stick with only one browser!

Well, I'll still do my MFC perving on Firefox, because I cam through Chrome and it's just easier to avoid forgetting to log out of my model account if I was never logged in to begin with.

But, that doesn't eliminate reasons 1 and 2- the firefox add-ons... then again, I don't use them all that often anyway. Hm... :think:
I have a "real me" chrome and an "amber" chrome. One user/profile has all my personal stuff signed in all the time: email, amazon, and my perving account logged into MFC. The other user/profile has all my ambercutie email, MFC admin and homepage logged in, reddit, forum, etc.

You should be able to do the same thing with hotmail: have one account logged in one profile, and one logged in on the other, you won't have to "switch" between accounts. And there's no harm staying logged into MFC unless you're worried other people who have access to your computer are going to hop on there.

Chrome has addons too.

Reactions: LadyLuna
The only two add-ons I use on Firefox are video download helper (to snag videos off of youtube, cause there's stuff on there that you can't buy anywhere!), and NoScript to keep the ads away.

Since I rarely go to sites where ads are a problem, and only want to download youtube videos occasionally, I think I can live without those.

LadyLuna said:
The only two add-ons I use on Firefox are video download helper (to snag videos off of youtube, cause there's stuff on there that you can't buy anywhere!), and NoScript to keep the ads away.

Since I rarely go to sites where ads are a problem, and only want to download youtube videos occasionally, I think I can live without those.
I use NoScript on Firefox, but not for ads. On Chrome, just use AdBlock and you'll be fine. I also run it with Ghostery to block all the little tracking/social media widgets.

I don't have any help for you on the download helper.

Reactions: LadyLuna
There is an extension ScriptSafe that does for Chrome most of what NoScript does for FF. I use both FF and Chrome. If a website has problems with one, it's usually okay with the other.

I used to like SRWare Iron for MFC, but a recent update turned it to poop and I haven't bothered checking for an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.