AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Music on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2017
Twitter Username
@Peachy_Meowi
MFC Username
Peachy_Meowii
Hi everyone! :cat: im sorry if this is an already asked question but i couldn't find anything on the forum, maybe its self explanatory but im unsure... can we play copyrighted music on our room while streaming? im talking about MFC, I've seen a lot of girls doing it so i suppose its ok, tho in the contract i think i saw something about the lines of it being against the rules?
i really want to play music that i like so a can get in the mood and create a fun atmosphere but i dont wanna get in trouble ):

You won't get in trouble for playing music in your MFC room.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Fatquack
Upvote 0
You are correct, in the model contract you can't use copyrighted material, such as music, while on cam. As Amber says it is not a rule that MFC ever enforces. But in theory, a record company could sue you for doing so. The record company could also sue MFC, and if you were one of the models that were identified as violating the record companies copyright, you would be responsible for paying MFC legal costs and lawsuit. (That's the indemnification clause in the model agreement)
Alternatively, you can use music that is in the public domain. You could also you Pandora for business which would give you the right to play music as part of your business. As a practical matter, I think if you used either the paid version of Spotify or Pandora, you can probably claim ignorance of the distinction between commercial and personal use and be ok. IANAL. But I'm pretty knowledgeable about copyright law.

• Helpful!
Reactions: CottonKitty
Upvote 0
Technically, no, but realistically, yes. It's something that 90% of models do, so would be practically impossible to enforce.

Actually not the hard. Practically no girls have music playing on Streammate and they definitely enforce the rule for their broadcast shows in the past.

Upvote 0
Actually not the hard. Practically no girls have music playing on Streammate and they definitely enforce the rule for their broadcast shows in the past.

Not true at all on the streamate part.
Girls use music on there just as much. Live jasmine is the only camsite i know that enforces no music or royalty-free music.

Upvote 0

That's not the case at all. They used to be strict about copyright content when they offered TV shows - models would have to turn off music, take down posters, and change out of band tees - but not so for regular broadcasts.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for your response! as i see it is kind of a grey area, and it seems unlikely that i would get punishment for playing music if that many girls do it, especially being new and with a low room count, im still afraid of being the unlucky one tho lol, i guess im gonna be a little extra careful and play it through spotify or pandora just in case

Upvote 0
Thank you all for your response! as i see it is kind of a grey area, and it seems unlikely that i would get punishment for playing music if that many girls do it, especially being new and with a low room count, im still afraid of being the unlucky one tho lol, i guess im gonna be a little extra careful and play it through spotify or pandora just in case
I wouldn't worry about it at all. Just hop on there with what inspires you and get it!
(source: I've been an MFC model for over 8 years now and use Spotify/etc for background music in my live MFC shows as well as my recorded videos I sell on MFC/MV and have had no issue. There may be technicalities that if something went very very very (VERY VERY) wrong in the community could have an effect on us but in general we have no problem so just get your groove on!)

• Helpful!
Reactions: CottonKitty
Upvote 0
I hate to ask this here as I've posted it in another spot already, but...while we're on the topic of music enforcement on MFC and SM...how about CB?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.