AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What's the deal with models having someone type for them?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
May 10, 2024
I'm aware it's against SC rules for someone other than the person streaming to type/PM viewers but every now and then I notice it

They will mark my PM as read and reply to it without touching the mouse or keyboard or will sometimes fake type with 1 hand while not looking

What's the deal with it? For example someone I seen tonight:

• They're not a new account
  • I think they're a Studio (they have a VR cam)
  • Their room is very quiet
  • They speak English (but when I asked them in PM, the "person" said they didn't)
  • They keep looking in 1 area of the room, probably for the cue to fake type (it's not the screen they're looking at)
  • Previous streams they do type and talk with viewers
FWIW they're Eastern European

From a financial perspective it doesn't seem to make much sense and they clearly don't need the help since they speak English and are not a super active room

It kind of makes me think there is some nefarious reason behind it

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I read the thread title in Jerry Seinfeld’s voice. 😂

Conspiring Jerry Seinfeld GIF by HULU

Upvote 0
My dude, even when I actually show people I am literally typing to them with my own two hands they're still like, "nah, that's not real." So I'm not going to put too much effort into this thread other than to say that and leave it at that. If you don't like it, move on. Or I guess be that guy who reports models for doing things that don't have much of an effect on being able to deliver a proper show.

Upvote 0
I'm quite sure I read the rule when I signed up a year or two ago but cannot find it in the FAQ

Perhaps it was removed? It's a common rule on cam websites as people are paying to talk to the person

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
I'm aware it's against SC rules for someone other than the person streaming to type/PM viewers but every now and then I notice it
Umm.. no that is not correct as far as I know. I do not recall seeing anything that forbids a moderator or anyone typing for a model. It is, in fact, common practice with studio models especially if they have little English or are new to camming and still "learning the ropes" as it were.

What makes you think it is forbidden by SC?

FWIW they're Eastern European
It is worth nothing. A model's nationality is not important to the telling of this story.

From a financial perspective it doesn't seem to make much sense and they clearly don't need the help since they speak English and are not a super active room
If it was not something that they (and their studio) think is necessary and helpful, it would not be happening. You cannot know the reasoning behind it.

It kind of makes me think there is some nefarious reason behind it
Over-active imagination, or needlessly suspicious personality.
What possible nefarious reason could there be?

Any thoughts?
Yes.

You are over-thinking about something that is fairly commonplace, and harmless. Just obviously do not engage in any sexy-talk via PM, unless the thought of some guy moderator replying gets your motor running (and fair enough if it does, no judgement form me)

Upvote 0
I'm quite sure I read the rule when I signed up a year or two ago but cannot find it in the FAQ

Perhaps it was removed?
Nope, I have been using the site for 6 years or so and have never seen or heard of such a prohibition.

It's a common rule on cam websites as people are paying to talk to the person
On a cam-site, I am paying to *look* at a person ;) :devil: :rofl:

Upvote 0
I don't know about Stripchat but Chaturbate can appear confusing at times because there's a 5 second delay which can make it seem like the model is delayed in her reactions. As a result the message appears before you see her type on screen, which might lead you to think that she's not typing in sync with what you are seeing. I'm pretty sure SC is more real time though.

Ultimately, if you ask for something, tip for it and receive it, what's the problem?

Upvote 0
I'm sure I read it in their FAQ at one point but who knows - If they don't forbid it case closed, but it's kind of weird either way - going from actually typing and talking one day to not talking and having someone else typing

It's definitely not a delay issue, VR cameras show a much wider view so you can see their keyboard a lot of the time - they randomly mash keys with 1 hand just to make it appear they are typing. The non-VR cam will not show the keyboard fully so to everyone else it looks like they're typing

Maybe she wasn't hitting earnings targets and has help or something. Studios are known to be a roll of the dice, many stories of abuse from ex-studio cammers but also lots of good studios out there

Ultimately, if you ask for something, tip for it and receive it, what's the problem?

It's fine in that context but if someone else is typing more than the typical yes/no then it's pretty dishonest and weird especially when the actual cammer is capable of talking or typing themselves. Everyone uses 2-click translators these days

Upvote 0
If you don't like it, move on. Or I guess be that guy who reports models for doing things that don't have much of an effect on being able to deliver a proper show.
Bump ^^^
Plenty models don't. If you don't like it stop whining and move on.
Life isn't fair. It's not about fair, it's about what the rules allow and don't allow.

I'm surprised there are many people left even willing to be cam models, given the frequency some of you moan and whine about the most petty and inane, irrelevant shit 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
I'm sure I read it in their FAQ at one point but who knows - If they don't forbid it case closed, but it's kind of weird either way - going from actually typing and talking one day to not talking and having someone else typing
Yeah it sounds kind of odd, but I wouldn’t sweat it.

It's definitely not a delay issue, VR cameras show a much wider view so you can see their keyboard a lot of the time - they randomly mash keys with 1 hand just to make it appear they are typing. The non-VR cam will not show the keyboard fully so to everyone else it looks like they're typing
Yes, VR camera view shows many things both sexy and amusing ;)

It's fine in that context but if someone else is typing more than the typical yes/no then it's pretty dishonest and weird especially when the actual cammer is capable of talking or typing themselves. Everyone uses 2-click translators these days
I wouldn't say dishonest, odd maybe. But again, not really important. Although I can understand a certain "unease" for want of a better word if one had been having many deep and meaningful conversations with the model. Anyway, chalk it up to experience and move on, or accept it and continue visiting that model if that is preferred. But do not raise the issue with the model, it is really none of our business how a model (and their studio) run a room unless unsafe or illegal things are happening.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
I appreciate the few genuine responses in this thread - some of the other replies are very, uh how to say, looking for drama 🤪
So far the only post doing so his this one.

It's a pretty common thing for studios to have operators that guide and type for the model. I am shocked that you're unaware of this. You seem so seasoned as a cam patron.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
I don't know about Stripchat but Chaturbate can appear confusing at times because there's a 5 second delay which can make it seem like the model is delayed in her reactions. As a result the message appears before you see her type on screen, which might lead you to think that she's not typing in sync with what you are seeing. I'm pretty sure SC is more real time though.

For me, it;'s usually longer than 5 seconds. I think depending on the model, it can be anywhere up to about 20 or 30 seconds delay.
This is why I hate cam2cam on Chaturbate, it's almost impossible, because it gets confusing. She is saying something while I am talking about something else haha
Plus CB has the sound issue where we can hear ourselves, not sure how other places stop this happening, but it makes a huge difference, and yet CB still haven't caught up with this.

Upvote 0
For me, it;'s usually longer than 5 seconds. I think depending on the model, it can be anywhere up to about 20 or 30 seconds delay.
This is why I hate cam2cam on Chaturbate, it's almost impossible, because it gets confusing. She is saying something while I am talking about something else haha
Plus CB has the sound issue where we can hear ourselves, not sure how other places stop this happening, but it makes a huge difference, and yet CB still haven't caught up with this.
Reverb in cam to cam isn’t just a CB issue. U less a model wears headphones anything coming out of her speakers is bound to play back through her microphone unless she has an advanced noise gate setup.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
Reverb in cam to cam isn’t just a CB issue. U less a model wears headphones anything coming out of her speakers is bound to play back through her microphone unless she has an advanced noise gate setup.

Yes but (for example) on Stripchat I have never had this issue, so I am not sure what they use to prevent it.
But there must be a way, like how Skype and other services use.

Edit:
If I remember correctly, it also wasn't a problem on xlove, LiveJasmin and bonga when I used those.
I am not sure how common it is across other sites.

Upvote 0
I don't do cam2cam so haven't noticed it there but am long since used to hearing the double ping on tips. I've never noticed it as bad as 20-30 seconds though. The model I visit sometimes invites me to join another page if there is an interesting conversation taking place and that's when I really notice the difference because the other pages are often more real time and I end up with two out of sync streams.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Yes but (for example) on Stripchat I have never had this issue, so I am not sure what they use to prevent it.
But there must be a way, like how Skype and other services use.

Edit:
If I remember correctly, it also wasn't a problem on xlove, LiveJasmin and bonga when I used those.
I am not sure how common it is across other sites.
I imagine it would depend on the models' mic/sound setups. Not necessarily site-wide.

Upvote 0