AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What determines a bitrate of stream?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2021
What exactly determines a bitrate of stream? Is it just upload speed of my internet and the quality of my computer that important, or something else? I have around 90 mb/s of upload speed with Ethernet cable, but my bitrate is only around 4500 kbps. How can I increase it to 10000 kbps, for instance? Thank you.

What exactly determines a bitrate of stream? Is it just upload speed of my internet and the quality of my computer that important, or something else? I have around 90 mb/s of upload speed with Ethernet cable, but my bitrate is only around 4500 kbps. How can I increase it to 10000 kbps, for instance? Thank you.
If you are streaming with OBS you have the ability to change your bitrate in settings. Your upload speed just affects the max bitrate you can use.

If you are streaming with OBS you have the ability to change your bitrate in settings. Your upload speed just affects the max bitrate you can use.
Thank you.
Yeah, I meant how could I increase my max bitrate so I guess I need to upgrade my internet provider plan.
How can I know what upload speed will give me 10 000 kbps of max bitrate? Will be 300 mb/s of upload speed enough for that?

If you have 90mb/sec of upload speed you have plenty.

The encoder settings affect the bitrate, if you move the encoder settings to have higher quality then the bitrate will get closer to the max bitrate set in the encoder. My experience is if the encoder settings aren't set high enough then the bitrate will not get higher than what the encoder needs to meet the quality level you have specified.

Status
Not open for further replies.