AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Technical Help Questions. (Video Editing)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2011
After searching "Technical" & "video" in thread titles, I was very surprised to find no good thread to ask a technical question about video editing. (Still think I must have failed the search.) But going with the tude, - 'Carry on as if you are right, until you are sure that you are not', I thought I would create a thread for any tech question regarding video editing.

Question 1: I would like to know how to seamlessly hook 2 or more parts of video in one complete file, Or actually what is the best low cost, or freeware/shareware software going to do this. It needs to somewhat idiot friendly, tho I can usually stick with the frustration of learning to figure it out.

Question 1 part B: Is there some good site, forum, internet tutorial, that anyone knows of to learn the basics of Video Editing? (I was able to lay music over a one piece video file, and that was not easy, so you can gauge my VESQ ((Video Editing Stupidity Quotient)) from that).

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, (or for not replying with a Homer face, or Wat Owl, as this post might deserve?)

I have neither a Homer GIF nor an adorable wat owl, but I must ask the obvious question:

Have you already done at least like 10 minutes of searching on Google and Youtube on these topics?

Evvie said:
I have neither a Homer GIF nor an adorable wat owl, but I must ask the obvious question:

Have you already done at least like 10 minutes of searching on Google and Youtube on these topics?
Nope, and why I thought it might be not the best post. It was me being very lazy, and also not wanting it to be one of those things that seems it should be easy to find info on, but isn't. Not such a good excuse, cuz should have got stuck first. OK just being lazy... :shifty:

camstory said:
Evvie said:

Nope, and why I thought it might be not the best post. It was me being very lazy, and also not wanting it to be one of those things that seems it should be easy to find info on, but isn't. Not such a good excuse, cuz should have got stuck first. OK just being lazy... :shifty:
So your main technical question is to figure out how to put two clips side-by-side in one video? I've always just dragged two separate clips on to the timeline of whatever program I use, it has always seemed intuitive. What programs are you currently using to edit? I feel that this can be achieved through Windows Movie Maker if you have a PC.

Reactions: camstory
I didn't do such a good job of explaining. What I want to do is be able to blend two different videos of the same event and switch at least once or maybe multiple times the video from one source to the other.

Or let me explain it another way. When I was in Austin years ago, I got volunteered to fill in as a camera person for a local public access program when one of the two regular camera guys did not show up. I was given about 10 minuts training, as the show aired live and the director/producer was in a pinch. I became the Cam1 (master) guy for the next few months. My job was much easier than the other cam, because my cam was on a fixed cam dolly and all I had to learn to do was keep the guest and interviewer in frame and adjust the angle while panning in and out. Well that is not so relevant, but I got to really like it and would often show up early and stay late. The lady that had been producing the show for all six years had won a lot of awards for the show, and it was the longest running public access show in Austin, (I think, or one of the longest). She always seemed to be at the station and though she had two or three other shows, there were days when none of her shows aired but I would ride by and she would be there. I asked her at one point why she spent so much time there. She told me that the main reason her shows did so well was because she spent many hours editing them. Though the shows would air live, what the ppl who graded them (?) evaluated was the version that she edited, not the live version as it was seen. So what we recorded was very simple as it was seen live and did not have many crosses between cameras, but the final cut she sent to whoever, was a more complex mix of the two different pieces of footage. She had just started to show me some of the editing basics when I had to return to Ca. to care for my dieing brother. One of the biggest regrets in life was never returning to Austin. But that too is not relevant.

What I want to be able to do is seamlessly blend two different videos of the same event, so that there can be two different camera prospective. One that will show close up shots while the other will be a master of the whole field of view. I don't know if I am using the right terms, but basically I don't want to have to use one camera that would have to be zoomed in and back out. I want to have one always a master and be able to at least once go from that shot to one of a close up and back, and the while having no cut in sound or break in the complete video? so they run on the same time line, just different POVs?

I am starting to confuse myself. so there is little chance this makes any sense to anyone reading it. I think I will do some reading on it.

All this made me think to ask one other Question. Do the programs you see Models using to have two cameras have record and edit capability? It could not be that easy, for sure, right?

And is my somewhat old (6-7 years) high end camera 8.XX mp (Kodak DX something? about $450) with motion and sound as good or better than a modern cheap webcam? and is my Logitech uam14a stx worth even using or should I can it and buy a new webcam if a webcam can be used at all?

Webcammax allows for recording, but not editing, the videos.

Manycams does not allow for recording or editing.

I have no experience with the other ones. I was going to suggest playing around with Avidemux, since WMM has a history of making stuff that only looks good in windows (according to what my IRL friends have told me), but I'm not actually sure how true that is... and I don't know for certain that avidemux can do what you need easily.

Nevertheless, avidemux is free, and there are plenty of tutorials and even a forum for how to use the thing. I have found it fairly intuitive for someone who is used to using old-windows file, edit, and so on menus. And there are buttons at the bottom for the video editing, which I find straight forward.

I need help with Window Movie Maker.

I'm trying to edit my videos, but all I see when I pull them up and click "play" is a black screen. So I can't select/trim or do anything really.

I googled the issue and the only solution mentioned was to download an earlier version. Any thoughts? I have whatever version came out in 2011, if that helps.

Attachments

• windows movie maker help.png
    windows movie maker help.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 123
MyDesertRose said:

I'm trying to edit my videos, but all I see when I pull them up and click "play" is a black screen. So I can't select/trim or do anything really.

I googled the issue and the only solution mentioned was to download an earlier version. Any thoughts? I have whatever version came out in 2011, if that helps.

what format is the video in ?

I would try saving it as a WMV (regardless of the black screen) and then try editing it. Not sure if this will work but worht a try.

Miss_Lollipop said:
MyDesertRose said:

what format is the video in ?

I would try saving it as a WMV (regardless of the black screen) and then try editing it. Not sure if this will work but worht a try.

When I make gifs I would always have to make them WMVs to avoid having to wait for what seemed like forever for them to show up in the preview window.

LadyLuna said:
Webcammax allows for recording, but not editing, the videos.

Manycams does not allow for recording or editing.

The newest version of ManyCam lets you record and even add some effects and cut through the video. It's called Studio Pro, you don't even have to upgrade to ManyCam Pro.

As for editing, VirtualDub & iWisoft Free Video Converter, the latter is pretty basic, converts, edit/ select frames/ cut/ remove frames. And as it has been mentioned before Windows Movie Maker, but personally I dislike it.

One week later on a topic that's a month old...

To change back and forth through the videos, you would drop the videos into the timeline (if your editor has one, and it should) then you pretty much splice and move the pieces to where you want. It's very easy to do.
I began using Avidemux (Linux and Windows) and switched to PiTiVi (Linux) because it's easier for me as I want more control over everything.

MyDesertRose said:

Rose see in the bottom of the photo a bit to the left "Preparing Video 1 of 1" and a bar. Once the bar is done you can see your video then. Sometimes the video just needs to load into Windows. It usually only takes a few minutes depedning on how big the video is.

Teagan_Chase said:
MyDesertRose said:

Rose see in the bottom of the photo a bit to the left "Preparing Video 1 of 1" and a bar. Once the bar is done you can see your video then. Sometimes the video just needs to load into Windows. It usually only takes a few minutes depedning on how big the video is.
I never saw that before! lmao technology is so not my friend. Thank you Teagan!

Reactions: camstory and Teagan
Status
Not open for further replies.