AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS vs Splitcam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Sep 18, 2020
which do you guys prefer?
I see that strip is easier to set up and the recommended settings give you a more stable stream but OBS must have some other benefit

is the quality better with OBS?

Reactions: SplitCam
OBS is the most widely known, most popular, and probably most maintained/updated broadcasting software around these days. So that makes me say it's likely going to be your best experience and is worth the extra time you might need to invest to tinker and get your settings perfect.

Splitcam will lag . Maximum bitrate u can set is teoretically bigger but in practic around 2500 and jumping down. All the time freezing

I've had the opposite experience but i'm using an M1 Macbook so there is a possibility OBS is just too difficult to run well on my computer.
I stream directly without using the re-stream option on Splitcam and it seems to work ok at least for me.

I think just try both. See which one works best for you. Try OBS first because it's better supported and runs better on most machines, then switch to Splitcam if you have to.

Using a standard home ethernet connection to router (NOT WIFI) and a 7 year old HP Envy laptop, I can get very stable streams to CB via Lovense SteamMaster. With 2 Lovense toys included.

Key point 1: Do not connect to your internet router via WIFI. When I do everything goes to instability hellscape.

Key point 2: Follow these CB instructions exactly

I've used splitcam for over a year, and it definitely lags. OBS has more options, and you get way fancier and more creative with it. Splitcam is pretty simple, for the beginner, but lags hard for streaming. I would love if they didn't because they have some awesome, less work-intensive/learn-intensive features. So think simplicity splitcam, but ultimately better outcome w OBS.

Due to the lag OBS is definitely more worth the time, as far as quality output and placement on these sites go.
However, Splitcam has some real awesomeness, and potential to it.

(For reference I hardwire in to fiber optic internet, and I have a low to mid-end gaming PC).

All of the above was for streaming live.
For clips I like Davinci Resolve and Wondershare Filmora + Wondershare Uniconvert.
Davinci resolve has a bit of a learning curve to it too though, at least it did for me, much like OBS.

I've used splitcam for over a year, and it definitely lags. OBS has more options, and you get way fancier and more creative with it. Splitcam is pretty simple, for the beginner, but lags hard for streaming. I would love if they didn't because they have some awesome, less work-intensive/learn-intensive features. So think simplicity splitcam, but ultimately better outcome w OBS.

Due to the lag OBS is definitely more worth the time, as far as quality output and placement on these sites go.
However, Splitcam has some real awesomeness, and potential to it.

(For reference I hardwire in to fiber optic internet, and I have a low to mid-end gaming PC).

All of the above was for streaming live.
For clips I like Davinci Resolve and Wondershare Filmora + Wondershare Uniconvert.
Davinci resolve has a bit of a learning curve to it too though, at least it did for me, much like OBS.
I love they filters!! So i was really trying to give them a chance. i was talking from man from their company on skype and we were trying to solve things out but without success

I love they filters!! So i was really trying to give them a chance. i was talking from man from their company on skype and we were trying to solve things out but without success
Yeah I chatted to a guy on here about it too, and it went nowhere. Yes, they have great filters. It's a shame they make it lag so much worse though.
I do really like Splitcam though.
I hope they can figure out the lag someday.

ETA ; I like their filters because they save me time getting the lighting right for my camera, which is super picky and sensitive. But, in the end it's not worth the lag.

Last edited:
I tried OBS & just couldn't figure it out. SplitCam is pretty user friendly but yes there is the issue with lag. I only run it on background sites and Skype.