AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models and Schedules

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeiiSweet

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jul 7, 2010
This post is pointed at a growing group of models that have complained to me about their income from camming. Now I realize many have seen some slow times on MFC lately and it can be demoralizing. We all need a "mental health" day off of work sometimes when we are over whelmed. I also understand the idea that being on cam for too long without getting a reasonable amount of tips hurts your cam score. The lower your cam score the less visibility you have on the site and this may hurt future potential earnings. I do feel though that a certain few models have gone overboard with these ideas. Let me give an example.
You are scheduled to work Mon - Friday 7-12. Monday was really slow. You are upset about how slow MFC has been so you take Tuesday off. Wednesday you are on but log off at 9:30 because your not making tokens and your cam score is dropping. You work Thursday as scheduled and it's slow so you take Friday off to start next week fresh.
I feel the model that did this is hurting herself especially if she isn't making the money she needs and her cam score wasn't over 3500 to start with. I sympathize with the feeling of despair when the money isn't coming in, but as much as you can you need to stick to your schedule and maybe not worry as much about cam score. When you are not regular your regulars still log on. Over time they are meeting new people and new model relationships while your away. Maybe spending tokens that you would have gotten. When you are not online because you logged early that is lost chances for a guy to request a show, drop a fat tip, or become a new regular. I'm not saying to ignore your cam score and let it go to hell. It's about balance. Remember a second page model is still going to get more traffic than an offline model.
It's just become hard for me to bite my tongue when some models complain to me about not making enough money yet guys from her room are pm'ing me asking where she has been.
I'm not bashing any models, just saying if this is you look again and ask if how your coping with a slow token flow is really working to your benefit or detriment.

KeiiSweet said:
Remember a second page model is still going to get more traffic than an offline model.
What a brilliant quote! I'm going to tell myself this on those days where I feel like throwing in the towel. :clap:

I'm guilty of logging off early a LOT lately, but that's a mix of my depression and slow days on cam rather than the latter by itself. Once my life gets back in balance I can finally get on a permanently consistent schedule. Currently every 3 weeks I spend most of my time offline so that's not helping matters. I can't wait for everything to be back in harmony schedule wise ^_^ Should be the beginning of May.

Sorry Asha. At times it is understandable. Just trying to help some girls from making things worse for themselves. I hope things settle for you soon

can we get a sound out from any models who stick to regular schedules? i haven't met any who've had success with a schedule.. that and what type of schedule? i've got some issues that don't always let me be on at the same exact time every day but i'm trying to figure out a schedule that works. is it even reasonable to plan a 5 hour a day camming schedule?

blackxrose said:
Is it even reasonable to plan a 5 hour a day camming schedule?
Yes. Studio models regularly work longer shifts than that. They have to book their slots in advance and if they don't show up or complete their shifts, their room can go to another model, and they may have difficulty getting another booking. There are a lot of negative things about studios, but they do encourage models to treat camming like any other job.

Regular tips, big and small, come from regular members. If you want to attract and keep regular members, it is important that you keep a regular schedule as well. Many of us working stiffs have a fairly regimented life, and that goes extra for people with wives, girlfriends and families. Some guys will log onto MFC when they are free, and for some, for instance, that may only be Tuesday night when the wife is out with the girls. If that guy can only be on MFC on Tuesdays, and they first find you on a Tuesday, the chances are good that they return to see you on a Tuesday. You don't have to feel that you can't ever miss a Tuesday, but if you do miss one, it will be like anyone else missing a day off work when they're paid by the hour. And do try to be online next Tuesday, because that guy who thinks you are worth tipping a lot might not be online on Wednesdays ever.

The same holds true for the time of day, and it doesn't matter what time of day it is. There are a lot of people who are only online in the morning, for instance. There are a lot of models with very respectable camscores who are only online early in the morning. They found their regulars, and they are there for them, and they do well.

:twocents-02cents:

well i just made a schedule that should work for me physically, so let's see how that goes. i'm not part of a studio so no worries for me.

blackxrose said:
can we get a sound out from any models who stick to regular schedules? i haven't met any who've had success with a schedule.. that and what type of schedule? i've got some issues that don't always let me be on at the same exact time every day but i'm trying to figure out a schedule that works. is it even reasonable to plan a 5 hour a day camming schedule?
I generally try to stick to a schedule for Monday through Friday. (This month I'm a bit off-kilter after my top 20 goal last month though). If your members know to expect you around the same time on certain days of the week, chances are they'll be on and waiting for you. It's really great.

AmberCutie said:
blackxrose said:
I generally try to stick to a schedule for Monday through Friday. (This month I'm a bit off-kilter after my top 20 goal last month though). If your members know to expect you around the same time on certain days of the week, chances are they'll be on and waiting for you. It's really great.
while i don't stick to a rigid schedule i've always gotten on between the same general hours. unfortunately when i just had my schedule put together and all ready for me to go, the power went out completely. looks like i may just not be working at all this week. pooh :(

AmberCutie said:
If your members know to expect you around the same time on certain days of the week, chances are they'll be on and waiting for you. It's really great.

This

Going from my personal experience Karrinax has received 95% of my token spend in the past 6 months - not just because I like her a lot, but because I knew the days, and approx time, she'd be online. For 5 months I didn't visit MFC when I knew she wasn't...

She recently moved apartment, and was offline for 14 days instead of the 4 she said she would be. I was shocked to see my token spending in her absence... something I never thought I'd do :woops: If I don't know she's going to be online then I am less likely to save my tokens in order to enjoy time with her, instead fulfilling a desire if I see something that :oops:
I also started visiting MFC whenever I was bored :whistle:

Wish I could make a schedule that would be regular. I work retail and rarely have the same schedule twice in a month. Also being a Mom, my daughter has projects, holidays, weather days, field trips, sports and all sorts of other stuff that end up changing my schedule. I know it sounds like excuses, but I really have no idea how to make a schedule that would work. Any insight would be awesome. Otherwise, I will have to just cam sporadically when I can get the time and feel good enough to not smash my camscore back to oblivion. Love you guys!!!

holy cow, i'm not super strict about this new schedule but it's made a load of difference. that and me being able to cam on my balconey and the laundromat helped too. but i've found that if i do the first 2-3 hours and then take a quick break, when i come back i have people already waiting for me.

This topic is good. I started a schedule last Sunday and it's been brilliant. I love having people I know in my room again. I wavered off of it slightly but it was my first week!

I am really guilty of not sticking to a schedule and for no good reason too. I tend to just go online when I feel like it, which works well because I'm super happy and I give good shows etc. because I want to be there. The issue is that this leaves me with a pretty random online schedule. I've been trying to keep track of WHEN I am online (and therefore when I do well, and when I don't do so well) but its really hard because although MFC logs how much $ you earn each day, it doesn't tell you how long you were on for which makes finding an average $/min impossible! I try to be online Aussie Sunday night because that's always really good for me. I was going to write it down as scheduled hours till I realised I wouldn't be on next Sunday night because I'll be out of town for Easter (*headdesk*).

Any advice on disciplining up my camming schedule/working life?

I'm crap at schedules and getting on cam when I say I will be. Last week there was two days I went out with my dog for a walk, and told people I'd be back later, and never came back for a few days, haha, ooops! So I've stopped telling people I'm going to be back now, or be on at a certain day/time coz it never happens!
But I don't do shows anyway, just sell pics/vids so I don't really need regulars.

Its so tough for me to stick to a regular schedule, though I know its super important. I don't cam while my boyfriend is at home because hes noisy, and is terrible about staying out when I tell him to lol. So to avoid being in the "man cam" thread I wait till hes not at home. He works part time, goes to school full time and his schedule is constantly changing. After reading this thread though Im going to make a schedule and stick to it. If his day changes for whatever reason, hes just gonna have to sit at Starbucks and study while I work because I hate thinking Im missing out on tokens :lol:

How many hours do you girls work? I typically am only on cam for 2.5 -3 hours 4 days a week. Is that normal or are most of you that make 8k tokens a day logging 6 hour days/nights?

Great topic Keii! I think I might just have to post some of that somewhere in my cam room for motivation. Although I've been doing well lately!

The last pay period, I just made it a goal to get online everyday I intended to... Within the hours I scheduled myself to. I know this sounds silly, like why can't you just work your full hours!? But that will be the next goal. It's all about baby steps. Even making an appearance everyday I say I will, somewhere among the hours I said I will, makes a big difference!

Also, if you do make a schedule, and you aren't going to make it - tell people! Post it on Twitter and your Newsfeed. I've had multiple regulars that say they miss me when I'm gone, but they're happy that I let them know what's going on. They're never sitting at their computer wondering where I am... I either am where I say I'll be or I've told them that I'm not going to be there for whatever reason.

I've found it helps to make the schedule and then view it as a regular job. Don't give yourself a choice. Don't say, "Oh... But I don't really have to work..." Say to yourself, "I'm working at this time today!!!" And that's it. No ifs, ands, or butts. Well unless you are legitimately sick or something (you would take the day off at any other job... camming is a lot about appearance and personality as well, so obviously being sick would make it extra difficult to cam well).

P.S. I have myself schedule for 5.5 hours 5 days a week. I have yet to do those full hours, but I know it's completely possible. I actually schedule myself for a 6 hour block and take a half hour break in the middle. It helps break up my day a lot! And I just tell myself I will work until my break and see how I feel. If my day's crappy, I tend to stay logged off, if it's good, I'll come back. I just need to get into the habit of coming back no matter what. However, even if I log off early, I still feel pretty good cause I was there for over half my hours. =)

Great thread! Awesome advice! I never even considered how a schedule could have such an effect on the camming experience.

Countessa said:
I've been trying to keep track of WHEN I am online (and therefore when I do well, and when I don't do so well) but its really hard because although MFC logs how much $ you earn each day, it doesn't tell you how long you were on for which makes finding an average $/min impossible!

As far as the $/min or $/hr thing, I have tried reviewing the token sessions, looking at total tokens (subtracting previous amounts for a show-by-show update) and dividing it by the amount of time I was online, multiplying it by .05 (token value) and it should tell you an average for how much you're making each night. If you're not sure how long you were online, you can keep a log of total online time listed under token sessions and subtract that after a camming session as well. You can also get a pretty good idea by checking out your pm logs, since you probably get those as soon/pretty close to the time you went on. Hope this helps!

I totally did not read the last half of the forum so if someone mentioned this than sorry for saying it again.

I know keeping a schedule is important! It's only been beat into my mind by learning it the hard way. I just wanted to put out there if it seems like your most likely to keep your schedule if you say it in your room or on your page you should post it as I'm usually online not I'm always online or I will be online at xxxpm because when guys start waiting for you and your not typically great with keeping that schedule guys can get mad. Plus when things aren't going good you don't want to have to explain everytime you take a day off.

Camming is great because sometimes you don't realize you don't want to cam until well the moment you should be camming and you don't have to log on or explain it to anyone ( for the most part).

Maybe you should try keeping that schedule for a month and then posting it.
Also don't schedule yourself 7 days a week 30 days a month. maybe scheduled days off would help. Those day's you don't want to get online you can get online by remember in just 2 days you don't have to get online!

just an update, my schedule has made a ridiculously huge difference along with twitter. my camscore is now over 1500. i didn't put "always" on on my schedule. i made sure to purposefully put sometimes and usually because of my health problems, dr's appointments, etc. i don't like explaining that constantly so i just update twitter and say i'm cleaning or busy and no one freaks out on me and when i do cam and post it on twitter i get more people watching as soon as i go live. i feel retarded for not doing this sooner. *facepalm*

I am actually going nuts because I had set myself a schedule that worked well for me and was loving it. Then I lost my apartment and have been trying to get back on but haven't had time. The worst is that I am stuck at my parents house for a week until my new place is available and their internet is HORRIBLE.

I was all set and ready to treat this like a job and be on at certain times and everything only to have the rug pulled out from under me after the first week!

Haha, oh well. I'm hoping that when I throw a huge party on my first night back it will make the guys I was getting to know forgive me and I can try again :) I hope so because there were some awesome guys with regular potential and I would hate to lose them.

I am wondering if I should remove my schedule from my profile until I am back though...

PrincessXina said:
I am wondering if I should remove my schedule from my profile until I am back though...

Not unless you will be changing it when you do get back to camming... the more you change the set schedule the more confused the guys will get. Instead, put at the top of the about me section that you can't currently follow it but you plan to as soon as you can.

I stick to my schedule pretty strictly. Even freaks guys out when I get bored and jump online on my day off. Sometimes I'm a couple minutes late, but I always keep twitter updated. One thing I realized from this thread is that I work A LOT of hours! I do days and nights. All times are pacific.

Monday : 11:00a - 3:00pm and 7:00pm - 11:00pm = 8 hours or longer if I get distracted.
Tuesday : Normally off but I'm doing just 11:00a - 3:00pm When I can this month (furniture for loft needed.)
Wednesday : 11:00a - 3:00pm and 7:00pm - 11:00pm = 8 hours
Thursday : Off
Friday : 11:00a - 3:00pm and 7:00pm - 11:00pm = 8 hours
Saturday : 7:00pm - 11:00pm = 4 hours (I love Saturdays and almost always stay on over an hour longer than planned.)
Sunday : Off

My room is usually really fun for me so time flies.
I rarely log off early due to tips unless the room is not fun and my mood is starting to sway. I have found that if I stick it out I almost always reach my goal. Sometimes I have to remind people that if it doesn't pick up I may have to leave. I HATE doing it but sometimes a reminder is needed. Not to say the men folk are dumb or anything but sometimes they forget! Especially in an active chatty room. I don't have a crazy minimum goal (1,000 tok an hour) but I rarely don't make it and often do quite a bit more.
Setting a strict schedule and sticking to it unless I am sick is possibly the smartest move I have ever made. (550 camscore to 4300...)
I dance like A LOT! I rarely stop moving... I think that is what makes the time fly by so fast...
Another long post from JJ... big surprise. :thumbleft:

The default schedule planner on the models profiles doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room unless you update it weekly.

I've been disappointed a lot of times to read the schedule, log in and find that the model who said she'd be on, wasn't on.

It's probably better to put up a custom one that states, "I try to be on at these times but I have such a fantabulous life that sometimes I might miss a session or be late".

The flip side to "Remember a second page model is still going to get more traffic than an offline model."

If you are having a shit one and really not up for it, sitting on cam being sad or uncharacteristicly bitchy could drive away traffic. That does depends on the model though, Ambers fans would forgive her for sitting on cam clubbing baby seal - with good reason Amber, you're amazing and you've done so much for so many others eg this forum.

Let's see if I can finally stick to a schedule!

Dunno if my fall classes will allow the Tues Thurs though...

Anyway, trying to stick to MFC, 8pm-2am, Sun, Tues, Thurs, Fri

Let's see how this goes. Course, I might log off anywhere midnight or later...

Some thoughts - not a camgirl, but a fan who has thought about the industry quite a bit:

If you aren't announcing your shows on twitter , and you don't put your twitter link prominently on your profile and/or try to put it in chat from time to time you are losing money, IMO. A camgirl who doesn't use twitter to promote herself and keep her fans abreast (hehe) of her schedule and what she might be up to during her show makes me a sad panda. In fact, if you are about to do go on cam, its a great idea to throw something in there to try and get your fans to come see. for example,

@a_camgirl_01 : Come check out my new nurse/bikini/whatever outfit! Also I got this new toy, you gotta check it out!

Also, I'd link your room in twitter, I don't know if camgirls have Bring-A-Friend links, but that would be even better. Probably want to use a URL shortener like http://goo.gl .

I think if you are just starting out, try different time slots till you find one that works for you, and be open to changing your times.

Status
Not open for further replies.