AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC share view stats

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
Been looking at https://share.myfreecams.com/

Does anyone understand how the view statistics on MFC share works? No information about the stats can be found in the wiki.

Unless I'm missing something there seems to be no straight way of members going from MFC's main site to the share site, so unless a member is directed there by a model to buy content or similar it's not being randomly visited, although some models such as Amber (today's top model!) have links from the profile page.

I have been watching some models share pages and the viewer number goes up seemingly fast while the models is online. Also comparing viewers to the number of follows it seems out of balance. i.e 74121 views and 78 follows. That begs the question is each follower viewing lots of share pages or are lots of viewers not following, or something else going on. Does anyone understand these figures?

Edit:Found that example model had share links from her MFC profile.

Last edited:
Click (or right click) on MENU under the models avatar on the homepage. IF she has any videos up on Share, you'll see them showing right there under her chat room preview. You can click that to go directly to her videos.

I'd wager most people are discovering that new feature when the model is online and clicking out of curiosity.

chrome_2017-10-03_09-20-51.png

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Puffin
Well I can't speak for that model, but the share site gives you embed codes and you can also embed videos on the whiteboard. It's possible that all those MIGHT be counted as "page views". I have no idea. But if you put on your whiteboard embedded content from the share site, and that counts as a hit. And 100 people enter the room and 50 just click on the whiteboard... that might count as 50 new views on the share site.

And if that is the case it would be really easy to cheat and inflate that number I'd think.

Reactions: Puffin
I have CharlesBot spamming the link to my page every few minutes in my live chat room. I'm constantly advertising it both online and offline lately.

It does upset me that seemingly thousands of people have seen my page yet only around 100 have followed. Not sure why so hard to click the button. :D

I have CharlesBot spamming the link to my page every few minutes in my live chat room. I'm constantly advertising it both online and offline lately.

It does upset me that seemingly thousands of people have seen my page yet only around 100 have followed. Not sure why so hard to click the button. :D
One reason is that if you are logged into MFC and you go to share.mfc you are not logged in. So hitting follow means you get a message and then have to log into the share site. Login is easy, same as mfc main site, but it's an extra step.

One reason is that if you are logged into MFC and you go to share.mfc you are not logged in. So hitting follow means you get a message and then have to log into the share site. Login is easy, same as mfc main site, but it's an extra step.
I keep telling people all they have to do is click LOG IN, don't even need to type in credentials if you're already logged in to MFC in that browser. But yeah that may be the one thing between getting views and follows.

I keep telling people all they have to do is click LOG IN, don't even need to type in credentials if you're already logged in to MFC in that browser. But yeah that may be the one thing between getting views and follows.
I do wish the login was independent though... I'd like to be able to login to share without logging into mfc proper.

I do wish the login was independent though... I'd like to be able to login to share without logging into mfc proper.
I do believe you can?

unless it's new and I've missed it I've not found a way. I think they tie into the cookie from the MFC login. HMM I bet CamYou would work...
Yes, it's darn hard LOL. I am using two MFC accounts and still it logs me into share.myfreecams.com with only one of the two accounts.
Use of camyou.com login is the same as myfreecams.com

Still testing...

Last edited:

What exactly does 'Follow' do for me?

I see it shows all yours in the 'Feed' section now that I clicked Follow you. (you're the only one i've clicked on that, so i see no others in Feed)

Does that email me, home email or mfc mail, when you upload a video? Is there a section i'm not seeing to look at all the models I follow specifically? I'm not seeing a major advantage to hitting the follow button, other than the Feed section. And I equate the Feed area as a newsfeed. It's only going to show recent activity. So if I follow several models, stuff is just going to get all lost in there with a very long list of activity.

What is the advantage to an mfc user to actually hit the follow button?

What exactly does 'Follow' do for me?

I see it shows all yours in the 'Feed' section now that I clicked Follow you. (you're the only one i've clicked on that, so i see no others in Feed)

Does that email me, home email or mfc mail, when you upload a video? Is there a section i'm not seeing to look at all the models I follow specifically? I'm not seeing a major advantage to hitting the follow button, other than the Feed section. And I equate the Feed area as a newsfeed. It's only going to show recent activity. So if I follow several models, stuff is just going to get all lost in there with a very long list of activity.

What is the advantage to an mfc user to actually hit the follow button?

@AmberCutie

For that matter, is there an actual advantage to models if members hit follow? From what i can tell it's a completely useless button. Not only does the Share site not have an area to look at all the models we follow. But I just went down to page 18 and followed a random model, who did have videos uploaded to Share. Went to the homepage after and it didn't move any of her videos up to highlight them. It didn't list her name anywhere on the main page. And I can still see no way to find her again unless I specifically knew her name and went directly to her page from outside the Share site entirely.

I really see no reason to hit Follow. It appears to do absolutely nothing for members at the moment. Am I drastically missing something?

@AmberCutie

For that matter, is there an actual advantage to models if members hit follow? From what i can tell it's a completely useless button. Not only does the Share site not have an area to look at all the models we follow. But I just went down to page 18 and followed a random model, who did have videos uploaded to Share. Went to the homepage after and it didn't move any of her videos up to highlight them. It didn't list her name anywhere on the main page. And I can still see no way to find her again unless I specifically knew her name and went directly to her page from outside the Share site entirely.

I really see no reason to hit Follow. It appears to do absolutely nothing for members at the moment. Am I drastically missing something?
They have been updating Share frequently. I think SHARE was rushed out due to ManyVids competition. I suspect it will gain real value at some point.

Reactions: AlexaCrush
They have been updating Share frequently. I think SHARE was rushed out due to ManyVids competition. I suspect it will gain real value at some point.

No doubt improvements are coming in yet. It's a fairly barebones site at the moment as far as usability is concerned. Hopefully Follow will actually do something in the future.

It works with with just 1 account for me :nod:

Try this:

1. Login to your MFC profile page... https://profiles.myfreecams.com/_/login

2. Then in another tab, load up the model's share page you wish to access.... https://share.myfreecams.com/Modelname

It logs you in automatically to MFCshare... no access to MFC Homepage required. I'm using a desktop PC to login.

:)
That seems to login together, not independently.

is there an actual advantage to models if members hit follow?
It seems to be a major factor in our ranking there, and ever since I've been on the top model listing, my sales have skyrocketed. So yes, please follow your favorite models.

To your other questions:

When models you follow upload new stuff, it will show in your feed.

I imagine at some point there will be some sort of notification system or SOMETHING for the following list.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
Status
Not open for further replies.