AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

making videos

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2016
i want to start making videos but I'm getting nervous because I'm a perfectionist and need it to be perfect Before I even think about putting them up. What kinds of cams/programs do u guys use to record your vids? I have a Windows computer btw but I have no idea what to use to edit the videos I record!

I have used premiere pro and imovie and windows live movie maker x

Wondershare (I think it's now called Filmora?) is a great beginner's editing software, it's simple but gets the job done. You have to get the paid version (or a torrent) to get rid of the watermark however.
A good camera to use would be a DSLR as you can also get a remote to stop/start filming. Many camgirls/clip makers also use the Logitech c920 webcam.
A lot of clip makers on Tumblr have a tagged FAQ/resources, here's a link to the one that I've read over and over. FAQCamgirl + FAQSexwork + FAQGifs
Also, finding other clip makers and reading through their stuff/experiences will help a lot, just don't send them a lot of asks (a lot of girls don't want to take their time to help newbies that could have their questions answered by google), check tags on Tumblr, Sexworkerhelpfuls has a pretty decent system going on.
Hope this helps!

I would recommend filming with a camcorder that has a flip screen, especially if you're going to do a lot of filming.

For editing, I started out with Windows Movie Maker, then switched to Sony Vegas a little over a year ago. Movie Maker is good if you're just starting out since it's free and does basic editing.

I would recommend filming with a camcorder that has a flip screen, especially if you're going to do a lot of filming.

For editing, I started out with Windows Movie Maker, then switched to Sony Vegas a little over a year ago. Movie Maker is good if you're just starting out since it's free and does basic editing.

What made you choose Sony Vegas? I'm looking online and I see it's around $600- is that right? I have used iMovie for YEARS but it is soooo slow at importing 1080p video that I stopped using it and switched to movie maker on my PC, because it's ways faster, but there's lot of things that iMovie does that moviemaker doesn't (especially crop/zoom), so I need to find a new editor. I don't need anything MAJOR so I'd hope to spend less than $200-300..

I guess this is a question for everyone- any recommendations?

Also, to the OP- camcorders are MUCH easier to use to start out with than a DSLR for filming, as they will autofocus and an autofocus on a DSLR tends to be noisy. Also, you pretty much just turn a camcorder on and start shooting. The video quality will be better than your webcam. But if you have a c920 or c930 that's fine to start- I have only been using a camcorder about a year and no one ever complained about my videos before I had it.

Reactions: Rose and Gen
I started with my c920 and did minor editing with iMovie/Quicktime.
Then when I had the money I bought a decent camcorder with flip screen. I edit with Adobe Premiere Pro/After Effects or sometimes just VideoConverterPro (same company that makes Filmora).

• Helpful!
Reactions: Rose and caireen
I edit in Kdenlive, output to h.264/AAC lossless and then crunch down with Handbrake (Kden direct output is find, Handbrake has a few more options).

You can use much the same system with the free tools in Windows and Mac, edit using their basic product and then crunch properly.

I edit in Kdenlive, output to h.264/AAC lossless and then crunch down with Handbrake (Kden direct output is find, Handbrake has a few more options).

You can use much the same system with the free tools in Windows and Mac, edit using their basic product and then crunch properly.

Yes! Forgot to mention handbrake. It reduces the file size with very little quality loss. So it's definitely worth using!

I use movie maker though I'm not a perfectionist/find amusement in things that are a bit off :)

What made you choose Sony Vegas? I'm looking online and I see it's around $600- is that right? I have used iMovie for YEARS but it is soooo slow at importing 1080p video that I stopped using it and switched to movie maker on my PC, because it's ways faster, but there's lot of things that iMovie does that moviemaker doesn't (especially crop/zoom), so I need to find a new editor. I don't need anything MAJOR so I'd hope to spend less than $200-300..

I guess this is a question for everyone- any recommendations?

Also, to the OP- camcorders are MUCH easier to use to start out with than a DSLR for filming, as they will autofocus and an autofocus on a DSLR tends to be noisy. Also, you pretty much just turn a camcorder on and start shooting. The video quality will be better than your webcam. But if you have a c920 or c930 that's fine to start- I have only been using a camcorder about a year and no one ever complained about my videos before I had it.

I bought the platinum version for around $100, but I honestly haven't used the 2 extra programs that it comes with
(ACID Music Studio 10, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10):
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Movie-St...&qid=1454953365&sr=8-3&keywords=sony+vegas+13

I didn't realize they had one for around $600!!! It looks like that one is the PRO version though. I would have just used Adobe Premiere if I was spending that much!

• Helpful!
Reactions: caireen
As a Mac user, I record using QuickTime and my webcam, then edit in iMovie. It's always yielded clear, high quality videos!!

Reactions: Entertainer33
i want to start making videos but I'm getting nervous because I'm a perfectionist and need it to be perfect Before I even think about putting them up. What kinds of cams/programs do u guys use to record your vids? I have a Windows computer btw but I have no idea what to use to edit the videos I record!
Ahh I feel the exact same way, I haven't tried yet either because I want the videos to be the best they can be! I hope you find what you're looking for! this thread has some great tips

Reactions: Tristeprincesa
I use my phone for videos :jawdrop: But I swear it looks good! (it records in 1080) I use adobe premiere to edit them (even though exporting can take ages on my dinosaur of a laptop).

Reactions: Booty_4U
Status
Not open for further replies.