AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Limited space in bedroom

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2011
I have a spare bedroom which I use for camming so I can have my work area separate from my private life. The spare bedroom is only maybe 9x9 with a queen bed and dresser leaving me with only a foot or so around the bed.

I don't have space for a desk, only one of the portable laptop stations. So my question is how does everyone manage tight spaces? I find that since I'm only able to have a laptop, I have to stay pretty close to the screen otherwise I won't be able to see the chat screen. Other question is it best to mount the webcam on the laptop or behind me? Seems like when the viewers want to see my "back end" I can't see what they're typing.

What's the best way to arrange your workspace when space is limited?

Well, I don't have a bed in the spare room that I use for camming, which makes a big difference!
Would there be the option of downgrading the bed? If it is just there for camming it may be an option.

As for the cam thing, I would have it where ever works best for you. I move mine a lot during teh show to maximize whatever I am showcasing.

What I can really comment on is about the backside but not seeing the comment part. MIRRORS!!! When I am showcasing my tushy and can't see the screen I love having my mirror behind me so I can still see the screen and can turn around to read it if anyone says anything or whatnot.

yes good idea my rooms pretty small too so i have a small mini daybed/bench i got at world market, ottomans work well too think japanese :)

AvaMadison said:
What's the best way to arrange your workspace when space is limited?

Most 'desktop' LCD monitors can also be mounted on the wall.
That, and a bluetooth keyboard, with the laptop may work?

agreed with all the posts...

just a little reminder if youre a model.. please contact amber to get model status.. and get alot more info in the models only section...

Yep, if you're serious about camming it's time to redecorate with maybe a futon or something smaller and a few strategically placed mirrors. :mrgreen:

Plenty of models just put their laptop on the bed, but that really limits what you can do.

I'm lucky enough to have a decent space for camming but how about a futon (as previously suggested) or a sofa bed? I use a small foldaway table to place my laptop on & I tend to mount my cam behind my laptop. Depending what I'm doing on cam I will move my webcam around & do close-ups of my body but if I'm just sat chatting I'll mount it behind my laptop & adjust it so it gives the peeps in my room a good view of my body :lol:

also.. some girls just use the floor.. nice neon colour blanket and youre done..
you also have this huge cousins.. might be an idea also..
i know there are laptop-stands especially for soft surfaces... could try that on the bed..

I used to cam from a suuuper tiny room, I've since moved into a ever so slightly bigger room but it feels like a palace in comparison. To compensate in the lil bedroom I mounted those temporary sticky hook things on the walls so I could switch up camera angles, and had a tall-ish rubbermaid drawer set on wheels to move around the bed.

If it's easiest for you to cam from your bed it helps to have some sort of a stable base for it to sit on, like a box (I use wicker baskets because they can hold toys/babyoil etc and elevates the cam off the bed so everyone isn't staring up my nose, but shoe boxes work too in a pinch!)

TashaTypical said:
also.. some girls just use the floor.. nice neon colour blanket and youre done..
i know there are laptop-stands especially for soft surfaces... could try that on the bed..

I believe Tasha meant to say "cusions". (sorry Tash, I know usually I send it via pm, but in this case, it kinda needed to be done quickly)

My 2 cents:

Don't worry about camera placement and being able to read what they say. The ones who can't figure out that turning around means you can't read what they write right then are idiots.

I had a very small space at my old place- just big enough for my king bed with less than a foot around. What i did was put my cam on a tripod in one corner in front of a three headed lamp. I had two of those, one of either side at the foot of the bed. The laptop would move around the bed with me- if I was in doggy, the laptop was usually by my head so I could read. I also bought a USB extender so I can move my webcam without needing the laptop close by.

I would always be close to the screen so I could see what people were saying. When I was doing something; giving a show or dancing, I wouldn't bother reading the screen.

LadyLuna said:
TashaTypical said:

I believe Tasha meant to say "cusions". (sorry Tash, I know usually I send it via pm, but in this case, it kinda needed to be done quickly)
Or maybe even "cushions." I'm sure yours works fine too but it looks odd without the h.

Personally, I like to prop my laptop on my cousins. It's the only thing they're useful for.

I live in a teeny apartment so ALL my furniture is multi-use and small. :lol:

I agree with maybe investing in a futon/daybed. Takes up less room, and I also have this storage bench thing that works as a desk/table if I'm sitting on the floor or the couch.

Although, I am kind of jealous of your queen-sized bed.. I sleep on a single-sized fold-out futon.

Status
Not open for further replies.