AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hearing back from pineapple support 4 therapy

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Dec 1, 2022
Chaturbate Username
urstroke_bud
Hi all,
Has anyone heard back and have a session?
I applied months ago and assumed i never would hear back. A few days ago they said I should hear from someone soon.
Its been so long, I've been in a better place than I was but probably wouldn't hurt to try
Please lmk if its worth it. Thanks guys!

I had a therapist through Pineapple Support a few years ago.

I think it only took me a couple days to about a week to hear back from them when I applied. It's strange it took months for you to hear back from them, but if I had to take a guess, it's because they have therapists who volunteer with them and the therapist they pair you with has to be licensed in the state/region where you live. Maybe they didn't have any available therapists where you live until recently? Just a guess.

Overall, I had a good experience. But, with any therapist, your mileage is going to vary, and you have to find someone that you can click with. With PS, since there's not a ton of therapists who volunteer with them, you do run the risk of being paired with someone you may not click with. Therapy is definitely not one size fits all. When I was still doing therapy, I didn't like conventional talk therapy. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's just not what is beneficial for me. The therapists that worked for me were therapists who gave me constructive criticism, gave me "homework" to practice on my own, and challenged me. The therapist I was paired with was a wonderful person and we got along great, however, it ended up becoming more like I was talking to a friend rather than a therapist, which isn't necessarily what I wanted or needed at the time. But, just because that didn't work for me doesn't mean that it wouldn't work for someone else. And I still did enjoy my therapy sessions.

Also, PS only pays for a certain amount of sessions. I think at the time I was seeing a therapist through them, it was ten sessions. My therapist through them did offer to reach out to PS to see if they would pay for more sessions, since they do sometimes do that if they are able to afford it. I just know at the time, apparently PS wasn't getting enough donations to pay for any more than ten sessions. It could be different now, though.

I think if you feel like you could benefit from therapy, it's absolutely worth a shot!

• Helpful!
Reactions: gaycammodel
I had a therapist through Pineapple Support a few years ago.

I think it only took me a couple days to about a week to hear back from them when I applied. It's strange it took months for you to hear back from them, but if I had to take a guess, it's because they have therapists who volunteer with them and the therapist they pair you with has to be licensed in the state/region where you live. Maybe they didn't have any available therapists where you live until recently? Just a guess.

Overall, I had a good experience. But, with any therapist, your mileage is going to vary, and you have to find someone that you can click with. With PS, since there's not a ton of therapists who volunteer with them, you do run the risk of being paired with someone you may not click with. Therapy is definitely not one size fits all. When I was still doing therapy, I didn't like conventional talk therapy. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's just not what is beneficial for me. The therapists that worked for me were therapists who gave me constructive criticism, gave me "homework" to practice on my own, and challenged me. The therapist I was paired with was a wonderful person and we got along great, however, it ended up becoming more like I was talking to a friend rather than a therapist, which isn't necessarily what I wanted or needed at the time. But, just because that didn't work for me doesn't mean that it wouldn't work for someone else. And I still did enjoy my therapy sessions.

Also, PS only pays for a certain amount of sessions. I think at the time I was seeing a therapist through them, it was ten sessions. My therapist through them did offer to reach out to PS to see if they would pay for more sessions, since they do sometimes do that if they are able to afford it. I just know at the time, apparently PS wasn't getting enough donations to pay for any more than ten sessions. It could be different now, though.

I think if you feel like you could benefit from therapy, it's absolutely worth a shot!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience @Marceline, I really appreciate that!!!

I feel very lucky they offer this cause I had a bad experience in therapy where out of nowhere, they said I was no longer able to continue cause of a problem that my insurance was never accepted in the first place, it was so strange they did that right before my appt. Fortunate for me I was mentally in a good place and the therapy was feeling very much like how you described.

I actually heard back from a therapist after i made this post. They seem pretty promising reading his website.
Thank god I don't have to pay his price and give what I can, he charges $250 a session!
Thanks again 4 the info!

btw I got this from Pineapple site, 4 anyone interested
Clients are assigned a maximum of 8, 12 or 16 sessions after their initial assessment. Should the client’s therapist feel it unwise to discontinue individual therapy, they are able to appeal for an extension to the client’s subsidized sessions. Should the client be deemed stable but not wish to discontinue therapy a drop-in support group will be available.