AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Gray CB user tips...but how?!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
if they were a broadcaster that had tokens they would have a colored name even if they have never bought tokens (for example I have never bought tokens and if I have tokens on my account and enter a room my name will be colored).

The only way I know that this happens is when they have used the affiliate program and opted for the paymnet in tokens option, then they account holds tokens but remains grey.

• Helpful!
Reactions: vivo
I saw this happen once a couple of months ago. The guy was a big regular tipper too. Always dark purple and tipping a couple thousand tokens most shows. Then randomly, he was gray while tipping one day

Could just be a glitch.
Also I'm sure lots of you have seen greys (and ofc colours) use false gifs pretending they've tipped.
I seen one sneaky shit start his chat line with two 250px blank GIFs and a GIF of his name in blue. His chat line had rolled around to a new line in the chat pane making it look like his blue name GIF was a real user on the next line.

I seen one sneaky shit start his chat line with two 250px blank GIFs and a GIF of his name in blue. His chat line had rolled around to a new line in the chat pane making it look like his blue name GIF was a real user on the next line.
those types i feel should be kicked and banned from CB, some probably are im sure thou. Never ending those trying to scam the system

those types i feel should be kicked and banned from CB, some probably are im sure thou. Never ending those trying to scam the system
I think those are some of the many, "can't tip - contact support," threads on here.

Was it not the broadcaster tipping themselves? The name in the 2nd tip line looks to be the same as the model...
(Maybe I am very confused lol) Is mikeandjax the model? The crop on the image makes it hard to know what's what. :D

OP can confirm they actually received 14 tokens by going into their token history, if not then it is a really good image of a tip and that account should be reported to support.

Edit to add: I have never purchased tokens but I am light blue in model rooms per my setting, I'm actually dark purple though. I haven't tipped another model in years. As soon as you tip or cash out, your name changes colors.

Hovering over the tip with your mouse would also reveal whether it's an image. It gives you the code, or at least it used to do that.

Oops window to edit closed. My bad on the dark purple and cashing out turning your name a different color. I'm light blue because I have tokens at the moment.

Maybe they tipped their last token and immediately switched back to grey?

Apologies for misspeaking. I can convert them to cash and that will immediately turn my name grey, I think. Not sure it's the same for tippers, but the name would have to be blue in the line with the tip.

Ultimately this is why grey users just suck and why I don't let them chat.

In my browser at least, light blue/turqoise is the "lowest" I can "downgrade" myself to.
I mean the system automatically switched it to grey, not the user switching it manually. Are you a viewer who saw this in a room and took a screenshot or the model it happened to?

A user that once bought tokens can't revert to grey even if they run out of tokens...I checked an account that has not held tokens since January 2021, it is still light blue when it enters a room.
I haven't looked at some of this stuff in so long, I'm not surprised it's changed thanks for looking into it.

I also just looked at the ban/silence page that lists all of the users banned/silenced. They removed the ability to clear hidden bans/silences, so now I'm wondering if they've stopped banning all associated accounts with a user name and it's just that user name that is banned.