AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Get in the kitchen and make dinner....

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2010
outside your window looking in
Now that I got most of you fired up, what is your favorite meal to make and to eat, post it here and I will do the same....and how to make it if you like.

At this moment I have chili in the crock pot cooking and it is going on 3 days, so it's just about ready, for reference I am feeding 2 teen age boys that eat like they are 6 people so it may sound like I am feeding an army

Chili
3 pounds of extra lean ground beef
1 1/2 pounds of sirloin steak cubed
3 - medium onions
3 - 14.5 oz cans of diced tomato
2 - 14 oz cans of kidney beans
1 - 48 oz can of tomato juice
approximately 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp basil
approximately 1 tablespoon of chili powder
and then the fun part depending how hot you want the chili to be, 3 to 5 good sized peppers, the batch that I have on now has 3 jalapeno's and 2 habanero's and some hot banana peppers. My kids all call it hot, I call it so-so but I like spicy food.

add all of the spices and the meat together and brown the meat, add the onions, beans and tomato and let that simmer a little then add the juice and let it cook on low to medium heat on the crock pot stirring from time to time. I let mine cook for 2 to 3 days, lets the spices get soaked into the meat. serve it with cheese, sour cream, whatever your favorite toppings are.

I'll add more when I think of them.

I collect old cookbooks. I prefer pre 1960 but I have a few from the early 60s. Here's something out of one of my few modern cookbooks:

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 1/8 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup dark Karo syrup
1/2 cup condensed milk
3/4 tsp vanilla extract.

Combine butter and sugar in double boiler or heavy bottomed pan.
Add Karo syrup and condensed milk.
Stirring occasionally, cook over low heat until mixture starts to thicken.
Test thickness by spooning onto wax paper.
After cooling for 5 mins it should be pliable but not too liquid.

From there put it in an icing bag (holding it with a dish towel, safety first) start with about a 1/2 cup
Then on wax paper draw a nice lacy lingerie pattern.
You can reheat to keep it pliable, freeze to set it.

I think you can figure out the next few steps yourself.
Also, let me know if you try this out and how it works for you.

Pot noodle:
1. Turn kettle on.
2. Get pot noodle out of cupboard
3. Add water to pot noodle, and wait 2 mins.
4. Stir and wait another 2 mins.
5. Give it a good blowing.
6. Eat. :D

AngelicTease said:
Pot noodle:
1. Turn kettle on.
Omfg...I almost did a spit take..give it a good blowing......english to american english has me dying ..what's wrong with me lol

AluraCurvyBBW said:
AngelicTease said:
Pot noodle:
1. Turn kettle on.
Omfg...I almost did a spit take..give it a good blowing......english to american english has me dying ..what's wrong with me lol
Yeah, I figured I would get some good slang in this one and maybe a little grief over the title, but most of all I was interested in knowing what some of you like to cook, or eat for the most part and maybe give everyone else something to think about with maybe a different take on food and how it's prepared.

Told Naomi about these the other day,
Garlic Spuds
take a decent sized potato and cut it in half like a baked potato, add a little butter to the center and then sprinkle with garlic powder or garlic salt then wrap with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350 to 400 degrees

Here is my fav winter recipe. If you take the leftovers and cover with mashed potatoes and bake.....it is a mean shepperd's pie.

Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter
2 pounds beef chuck cubes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons flour
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 onion, diced
1 bulb fennel, diced
2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons herbs de Provence
1 orange, zest and juiced
2 cups red wine
2 cups beef stock
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Heat butter in Dutch oven or heavy casserole pan. Season meat with salt and pepper, sprinkle with flour and stir to incorporate. Add the meat to the pot and cook until well browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.

Add carrots, celery, onion, and fennel and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, herbs, and orange zest and cook for 2 minutes. Add wine and orange juice and reduce by 1/2. Add the stock and bring to a simmer.

Simmer for 15 minutes then transfer to oven. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. When the meat is very tender and the sauce is thickened, remove, and season with salt and pepper.

oow i just found a recipe for an amazing amuse (little bite before first course):

- smoked salmon (or as i prefer lobster meat)
- unflavoured cream cheese
- honey
- pine nuts lightly roasted in a pan without any butter or oil
- chopped chive
- yogurt thick wipped cream

rest is very easy.. just mix everything together.. and put it on a fancy spoon.. and everyone thinks you're a master chef.. rofl
i like it on toast also..
i never measure anything.. so just go with the flow.. carefull not to add too much honey!

I'm in love with asparagus right now.

I chop onions and garlic, frying them one after another. Then I fry the asparagus in it, and finally add chicken broth to steam it. Last I reduce the left over onion/garlic/broth mix and pour it on top.

A huge thanks to Twisted to helping me learn how to make that dish :)

AlexLady said:
A huge thanks to Twisted to helping me learn how to make that dish :)
You are so very welcome. :-D

Now, I may as well add my two cents. You see, I'm not much of a recipe guy. I'm all about the methods, quality of ingredients, and then applying it in different ways. So, for those of you who are looking for good sources I'd suggest the 'Joy of Cooking' (older editions are actually better IMO) and my favorite food book, 'On Food and Cooking'. No recipes in this one, but you'll learn more about food than any other book I know.

I made a career working with little more than these for reference and a complete disregard for traditional thinking. Food should be fun, not a chore or set of strict instructions (unless you're baking :p). But, in deference to the spirit of this thread...

Ultimate Grilled Cheese

Two slices of your favorite bread (mine is an Oat Nut whole grain)
Generous slices of sharp white cheddar (or whatever you really like, but please,..not 'American process cheesefood' crap)
mayonnaise, instead of butter or margarine (trust me on this)

- grill to desired crispness over medium low heat, or until the cheese is molten heaven.

ENJOY!

if i were a food network chef i would be that semi homemade lady.. sandra lee i think her name is. except vegan and i dont care what my table looks like.

as much as i like to cook im also highly impatient anything that takes more than half hour to make is too much effort.

some meals i eat often are:
healthier pancakes
Ingredients:

1 cup flour
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup soy milk
2 tbsp coconut oil
Preparation:

Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl until well mixed.
Mix in the soy milk and oil and beat together until batter is smooth.

Drop 1/4 cup of batter at a time onto a hot oiled griddle, or well greased frying pan over medium high heat. When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, approximately 3 minutes, flip, and cook the other side for another 2 minutes
for a healthier twist instead of vegan butter and syrup i put about 1/3 of a serving per pancake of sunflower seed butter and a half a serving of organic blueberry spread i then then fold the pancakes like crepes. they are frickin yum.

seitan ribs and mashed cauliflower.
seitan ribs are super easy
1 package seitan strips
1/3 onion diced
as much high quality barbecue sauce as you feel like smothering them with
put seitan into skillet on medium with a bit of vegetable oil and onion cook til onions are done and seitan is hot.
add barbecue sauce for the last couple of minutes. ta da! im sure there are better more precise recipies out there but i like these alot.

mashed cauliflower:
1 head cauliflower, chopped to florets
2 tablespoons margarine
vegan cheese, to taste, optional
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. Immerse the chopped cauliflower into salted boiling water and cook until soft, up to 20 minutes. This time will vary depending on how small the pieces are, so check them every few minutes.

2. Drain and transfer into bowl. Add margarine and soy cheese, if desired. Mash with fork until the florets are broken down and mashed.

3. In addition to salt and pepper, you may add any other seasonings that will complement your tastes and the meal these accompany.

Ideally this will be a substitute for mashed potatoes. Enjoy!

Serves: 2-4, Preparation time: around 30 minutes

Jaydenrainey said:
if i were a food network chef i would be that semi homemade lady.. sandra lee i think her name is. except vegan and i dont care what my table looks like.

And drunk like a fish, don't forget that part.
sandra-lee-pyrex-1.jpg

Somewhere along the line I acquired a taste for beans and rice. No real recipe, I just throw stuff together like this.

Saute a couple of chopped onions in butter until golden, throw in a chopped red bell pepper and a couple of mined garlic gloves. Maybe add a chopped carrot or two. Add a can or two of beans (black, red, whatever), maybe a glop of tomato paste, some oregano, some mild chili pepper, cumin, some chicken stock to make it all wet. Give it a little bit of a simmer then add a couple of cups of cooked rice. Clap a top on it and let it sit on super-low heat for a while.

I don't add salt when making this, but I do always add salt to the cooking water for the rice. Even a little bit a salt makes a world of difference when cooking starches (rice, potato, pasta). You can't add it afterwards.

I don't add anything particularly hot, like Tabasco or hot chilies. That's something you can always add later, but you can never take it away or cover it up.

A pot of that will feed a hungry bunch, or I can keep it all week for leftovers, breakfast, lunch or dinner. I like to eat it with a poached or sunny side egg on top, maybe a sliced avocado. I sometimes put sliced chorizo or linguica in it.

The basic cookbook I recommend to people these days is Bittman's How to Cook Everything. Its truly comprehensive, give lots of options from simple to sort of complex, and is very clearly written.

http://content.markbittman.com/how-to-cook-everything

Status
Not open for further replies.