AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Flagged for Fraud & Income taken

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Jul 12, 2024
Streamate Username
Andi_mae
Chaturbate Username
Andi_mae
Hi friends,

I am in desperate need of help in escalating and resolving an issue with my Chaturbate account and payment. I have been an upstanding member of the CB community for several years now. I don't break rules or do anything prohibited. I am starting to wonder if this is some sort of internal grudge from someone that works for the site against me. I will attach a screenshot of the support email I received. Basically despite never having been involved in any fraud or issue on my account they are taking half of my payment because the user that tipped me is apparently involved in fraud. I had thought we were protected against chargebacks? If I were a large model that had money to burn maybe it wouldn't matter as much but I need this money to pay the rest of my deposit on my new apartment and I budgeted around getting this money.

I have also had my show stopped several times with an alert about "not taking offsite payments" which I never have. When my show stops like that and I'm taken out of it trying to figure out what happened it clears the room and hurts my income. I am deeply confused and frustrated truly it feels like someone is targeting me for some reason. I say often in shows that I do not take offsite payments any time I am asked. I've also had a warning placed on my account before for using the tag #gfe girlfriend experience which I do on-site and through messaging on the site and was never given an explanation as to why that was flagged.

Long story short this is a relatively small amount of money to be flagged as holding me responsible for a user... it's under 500$ and CB is taking half.... but again I earned that money, I put on the show, and I need it to pay my bills. Can anyone help me get paid and get this cleared up? In the email they admit that I do not have a fraud history. I thought the portion of the money the site makes off me protects me from situations like this. I have been tipped 400$ at a time before and that wasn't fraud so how am I to know when it is? Where is the line? I get tipped from users in varying amounts every show I have no way of knowing whose using fraudulent tokens or committing fraud...

Anyways please help me... I'm sick over this. I need this money.

@punker barbie I'm told you are the person that might be able to help me (hope its okay to tag)

Thanks,

Attachments

• CB Support Email SS.PNG
    CB Support Email SS.PNG
    49.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Reactions: SuperPookie
The letter from CB clearly outlines the user involved. To me this reads like that user is buying tokens and then doing charge backs. However, how were you supposed to know this? Why would you assume that this user was doing this? I see users often pop-in, pay, then never return to rooms I mod for. I wouldn't have thought this was suspect and/or filed a report to CB about it.

This is another instance where a model is blamed for something you could not have known about.

Unless, of course, you were involved and you knew. CB monitors everything from PM, DM, content, footage, etc. There is always that chance we are not hearing the full story.

For the benefit of doubt, let's say you are honest, then I do not see how this is your fault or why you would be blamed. That is an entirely different issue and an arguement you may not win.

Good luck. I would suggest being very polite and presenting all the facts when you contact CB. In my experience they have always worked with me to resolve issues.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
please delete. I think the issue is resolved.
The main problem is your account is showing a pattern of high-tippers, filing charge-backs, any company would be suspicious. "... and your account continues to receive a high-volume of chargebacks ..." By what the wrote, it would appear this isn't the first time or first user...

Upvote 0
The main problem is your account is showing a pattern of high-tippers, filing charge-backs, any company would be suspicious. "... and your account continues to receive a high-volume of chargebacks ..." By what the wrote, it would appear this isn't the first time or first user...
Re-read the message from CB - you've interpreted it to mean pretty much the opposite of what it says.

Upvote 0
Re-read the message from CB - you've interpreted it to mean pretty much the opposite of what it says.
Well, actually, if you want to be technical, the e-mail they sent her first states that they uncovered some sort of fraud and funneling activities, from the named tipper / user. That was where the fraud tokens came in. That doesn't mean that other users hadn't done chargebacks on her tips, in the past. It simply means they weren't deemed as "fraud or funneling". That, atleast, was my take on their e-mail, to her. Because they go on to state "high-volume" of chargebacks. I would think 1 user and 4,000 tokens wouldn't qualify as "high-volume", of course i could be wrong and the e-mail does have a bit of "double-speak".

Upvote 0
Hi friends,

I am in desperate need of help in escalating and resolving an issue with my Chaturbate account and payment. I have been an upstanding member of the CB community for several years now. I don't break rules or do anything prohibited. I am starting to wonder if this is some sort of internal grudge from someone that works for the site against me. I will attach a screenshot of the support email I received. Basically despite never having been involved in any fraud or issue on my account they are taking half of my payment because the user that tipped me is apparently involved in fraud. I had thought we were protected against chargebacks? If I were a large model that had money to burn maybe it wouldn't matter as much but I need this money to pay the rest of my deposit on my new apartment and I budgeted around getting this money.

I have also had my show stopped several times with an alert about "not taking offsite payments" which I never have. When my show stops like that and I'm taken out of it trying to figure out what happened it clears the room and hurts my income. I am deeply confused and frustrated truly it feels like someone is targeting me for some reason. I say often in shows that I do not take offsite payments any time I am asked. I've also had a warning placed on my account before for using the tag #gfe girlfriend experience which I do on-site and through messaging on the site and was never given an explanation as to why that was flagged.

Long story short this is a relatively small amount of money to be flagged as holding me responsible for a user... it's under 500$ and CB is taking half.... but again I earned that money, I put on the show, and I need it to pay my bills. Can anyone help me get paid and get this cleared up? In the email they admit that I do not have a fraud history. I thought the portion of the money the site makes off me protects me from situations like this. I have been tipped 400$ at a time before and that wasn't fraud so how am I to know when it is? Where is the line? I get tipped from users in varying amounts every show I have no way of knowing whose using fraudulent tokens or committing fraud...

Anyways please help me... I'm sick over this. I need this money.

@punker barbie I'm told you are the person that might be able to help me (hope its okay to tag)

Thanks,
Hi, Greetings!

I also experienced it last year. My token was on hold. I was about to do some payouts, and I can’t convert the tokens to cash. So I did send CB support an email and ask them for what's the problem. And then they email me back that a “usersname” who come into my room and tipped me and go me for a private show is using Fraud Tokens. Note: I wasn’t aware of it nor involved that the user was involved of fraud tokens.

So CB support emailed me and give me an advice about it. That if someone “users” go into my room and tipped me with large amounts continuously, I should reached out to them and let them know of a username so they can checked about it and figure it out if it is fraud tokens or not. And also for you to avoid further violations. It might be suspended/permanent banned.

But I kindly hoped that CB would address this kind of matter to take some action, because it’s really confusing and frustrating thinking that you might get permanent banned for something you didn’t do nor wasn’t aware of. (Please correct me if I said it wrong because it was only my point of view of the situation and I am not perfect.)

But here is the thing. You can explain it to their support. It might takes them days/weeks to respond about it, But at least they do some investigating. Which is good.🙂

Upvote 0
Hi, Greetings!

I also experienced it last year. My token was on hold. I was about to do some payouts, and I can’t convert the tokens to cash. So I did send CB support an email and ask them for what's the problem. And then they email me back that a “usersname” who come into my room and tipped me and go me for a private show is using Fraud Tokens. Note: I wasn’t aware of it nor involved that the user was involved of fraud tokens.

So CB support emailed me and give me an advice about it. That if someone “users” go into my room and tipped me with large amounts continuously, I should reached out to them and let them know of a username so they can checked about it and figure it out if it is fraud tokens or not. And also for you to avoid further violations. It might be suspended/permanent banned.

But I kindly hoped that CB would address this kind of matter to take some action, because it’s really confusing and frustrating thinking that you might get permanent banned for something you didn’t do nor wasn’t aware of. (Please correct me if I said it wrong because it was only my point of view of the situation and I am not perfect.)

But here is the thing. You can explain it to their support. It might takes them days/weeks to respond about it, But at least they do some investigating. Which is good.🙂
Exactly. I agree with everything you said. Also.... here's a crazy idea add a report button for us on the model side (in the window where we can add notes) so when users do spend large amounts, are asking for offline payment, or prohibited shows we can easily report them while in screen and not have to open up a new window.... pull up our email and send a bunch of different emails to support about it. This would streamline everything for everyone

• Helpful!
Reactions: Miss A
Upvote 1
Why not share in great detail HOW the issue was resolved so your fellow models may benefit from such knowledge?
I literally just argued with support unless someone here who has insider knowledge or connections helped out on their end. My account has 0 history of issues so I asked to have the issue escalated and eventually, I got to someone who was willing to work with me. To whomever that person in support or accounting is I sincerely hope they have the most amazing weekend. I have not received payment yet and they have been VERY slow to respond to my emails (which is frustrating because I did daily payout on a certain day to make sure I would have the money needed for bills and this has delayed everything) so I am not 100% that the issue is in fact resolved HOWEVER seeing as I'm now making progress I didn't feel it was a good use of time for anyone to leave my thread/post open when there may be others who may be in a more desperate situation.

Upvote 0
Perhaps you should re-read the email? It literally says my account does not have a history of fraud? ALSO if the user has a history of doing this THEN WHY IS HE STILL ON THE PLATFORM? And why would the model be at fault? I twerked and put on a show for that user! I delivered the services that were tipped for. I held up my end of the agreement. Chaturbate takes a portion of the user's money that we help generate to maintain a safe, and functional platform for us. By allowing repeat offenders to stay on the site puts everyone at risk.

Upvote 0
Well, actually, if you want to be technical, the e-mail they sent her first states that they uncovered some sort of fraud and funneling activities, from the named tipper / user. That was where the fraud tokens came in. That doesn't mean that other users hadn't done chargebacks on her tips, in the past. It simply means they weren't deemed as "fraud or funneling". That, atleast, was my take on their e-mail, to her. Because they go on to state "high-volume" of chargebacks. I would think 1 user and 4,000 tokens wouldn't qualify as "high-volume", of course i could be wrong and the e-mail does have a bit of "double-speak".
When i posted in the camgirlproblems discord this was our take as well... under 500$ seems pretty wild to then come after me and my income. But in the email it says that "Since we have not previously had an issue with your account receiving fraud tokens" and that is why I made progress with support on this front as I do take my position on CB very seriously. I have received MUCH bigger tips from users I didn't previously know as well and I never had issues with those tips...so it is puzzling and a little frustrating. I wish we had a report button in the user notes screen so it was very easy to send a note to support about a user while in show instead of having to go back through my token stats after a show and send off emails.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Miss A
Upvote 1
Hi, Greetings!

yeah that's the unfortunate thing isn't is? if their paychecks were on hold I think they would be more urgent as well... I do appreciate support escalating my issue and getting a second pair of eyes on the situation though and hopefully I get my payment by Monday but I am not sure

Upvote 0
Sometimes sites have methods of tracking problematic visitors or patterns and if they used these methods to block them immediately on transaction or account creation then they would simply keep trying work arounds until they get around it. It's possible CB has something like that and there's no guarantee a chargeback took place already.

There are many posts across the internet of people trying to trick models into helping them cash tokens out. So in my opinion when support is asking you to email them when you see suspicious activity it's also for you to prove you aren't involved.

Upvote 0
when support is asking you to email them when you see suspicious activity it's also for you to prove you aren't involved.
100% this

Reactions: Miss A and Vixxen81
Upvote 0
So in my opinion when support is asking you to email them when you see suspicious activity it's also for you to prove you aren't involved.
Yes, I agree with this too! Cooperating to both parties will lead to a better future.

I’ve experienced fraud tokens last September, but I wasn’t aware of it until the pay out times come. So I was confused why I can’t cash out my tokens. So I reached out to the CB support to let them know that “I think” is a malfunction. But I was wrong. It was because someone “user” who used to tipped me with fraudulent tokens. So when I get the information and read their email I was alarmed and scared of losing my account. So by that time I always keep in my mind to report every tipper who tipped me suspicious in a very short period of time to avoid further violations. So fast forward. There’s a lot of good tippers who always come to my room and I was like worried everytime they tipped me big because I don’t want to get suspended nor ban my account.

Ber months is I guess a lucky month. There this user who really tipped me big amounts of tokens in a very short period of time. So I was alarmed and in hurry to open a new tab and go to support to submit a ticket while being so wild and crazy doing the show he tipped for because I don’t want him to feel bad or disappointed by not showing him gratitude/acknowledgement for tipping me. So fast forward. I was relieved when I am done with submitting the ticket to support. And I can now able to continue of what am I doing to acknowledge the kindness of my customer.

My point is. The only thing I am scared of is that. I might got banned first before I can react by submitting to the support. ( Please do correct me if I’m wrong, I am open and willing to learn more about everything on the platform.) It is just the trauma I can’t forget. Specially of what just happened to my account recently🥲 but everything is fine now. I will read and read again the rules and do my best to obey and to do not forget everything in my experience 🙂 Because sometimes I got overwhelmed by the kindness of some people for tipping me good and forget to report it before I got the warning.

Hope you still get what I am pointing out😅 sorry I am not just that really good at English but I am doing my best as I can😌

Upvote 0