AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fan club on CB: At which point do free PMs get annoying for models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Jun 28, 2024
Hi,

I guess too many PMs can get annoying for the model. Even for viewers it can get a bit strange when the model is only typing and has no time for the open chat. When the model engages in many private chats that's her choice of course, but it keeps me from tipping.

Now I entered a fan club for the first time, the prize was very low, there are no special benefits like pics or whatever. I know the model since 3 months and we enjoyed chatting, I find her to be a very interesting person, aside from the sexiness. She even sent me PMs for free sometimes. I always made it a point to tip her the normal PM prize for that. Now I entered her fan club along with a few other viewers. And now she spends a lot of time with PM conversations because she always has a lot to talk about. Sometimes she seems a bit unhappy when more than 4 Fan club members are in the room. Just an impression of course, I can't know for sure. I don't know since when she is a model but she might not have the routine like long time models do. She might fear loosing support by stopping a conversation.

Until now I didn't sent her PMs as a fan club member because I don't want to add to the problem. Anyway I think conversations that are non personal belong in the open chat. In some cases they can help the room in my experience. So the funny (and a bit sad) fact is that since I'm green we didn't have personal conversations anymore. She PMs me when I come into the room, but that's that. I'm definitely not complaining about the model because she does nothing wrong.

Questions:
- How does your favorite Fan club member behave apart from the obvious tipping?
- When and how often are free PMs ok for you?
- I never give advice when I'm not asked, but is there anything I could do to tell her about the things I described above?
- Do you ask Fans to shut up, or do you ignore PMs when it gets too much?

Last edited:
She may be under the impression private messages are actually private but they're not.

Reactions: Freddy_Fantastic
Well they are private in a sense that they are not public. Site admins or other staff at CB can read them of course like everywhere else, even in this forum its theoretically possible (at least it was with an older version of the forum SW I had the pleasure of dealing with)

But its not that she reveals super intimate stuff. I've decided not to say or do anything about it. Things might turn to normal soon enough maybe.

Still interested in answers to the questions in my OP.

I do not offer free PMs for Fanclub members, even if it's slow. If it is quick, it is fine. Demanding 1 on 1 attention without tips hurts the model. After 3, for me, personally.

Reactions: Freddy_Fantastic
Here's my take... As an 'ultimate' user on a site I have the ability to PM any model at any time for free.
  • If I have the need/desire to PM a model I will always tip their PM price. It's what they want, it's in their tip menu.
  • I don't waste the models time by sending anything that couldn't be in public chat.
  • "Read the room"... Be aware if the model is not in a chatty mood or chatty person in general or not in a chatty portion of their show and give them that respect.
  • If I come back to the room days later, I tip again for the PM to kick it off.
  • Never expect them to drop everything to read or respond to your PM. No matter who (you think) you are.
  • Don't expect a conversation. Chatting about their cats is not helping their show.
    If they start chatting about their cats,, traffic, breakfast... Maybe they just feel like chatting at that moment, who knows. It does not mean they are your soulmate.
  • Oh, and never ever ever send an unsolicited dick pic

Last edited:
It is almost impossible to keep up with DMs while performing, tipped or not, though tipped ones obviously will be noticed rather than random messages. I tend to answer them all at the start of a stream and catch back up at the end or after a private. Generally, they prevent me from taking healthy breaks and negatively affect my income, so while streaming I’m also likely to say one on one private talk is best acheived in a private show. I do enjoy chatting and often chat/trade emails on my offline time while uploading content but one-on-one chatting (especially sexual or fetish chat) while I am live is exactly what private shows are made for.

Thanks all for the answers, I pretty much follow the recommendations from @ElGato . As I said this is my first fan club. Before that I never did PMs other than discussing a private. When I think about it there is not much that can't go into the public chat. In the case I described above its a model that types a lot into PMs even when I don't start the conversation. So she sees that I'm entering the room and after a few seconds there is a PM. Its her choice. Maybe she will change that when it gets too much and focus more on the open chat. I certainly would like that better.

Thanks a lot @LilyLaughing and @WQSR that was exactly what I was looking for from the models perspective.

As an afterthought:

a few months ago Facebook started to use content posted by members to train AI. There was a deadline where you could change the settings to tell FB not to use your content.

I find it a bit spooky to think about CAM sites using the entirety of PMs sent by models to train "lovebots". Strange times ahead. Maybe as a model you will be able to train your own AI that will take care of PMs. Who knows.

a model that types a lot into PMs even when I don't start the conversation. So she sees that I'm entering the room and after a few seconds there is a PM. Its her choice. Maybe she will change that when it gets too much and focus more on the open chat. I certainly would like that better.

Thanks a lot @LilyLaughing and @WQSR that was exactly what I was looking for from the models perspective.
I, and a lot of models I know will do this, it's sort of a way to 'warm up'/procrastinate a little by chatting with a client you enjoy talking to before facing a room of unknowns. She probably considers you a kind ear. :h: I bet you could navigate giving her this feedback gently and directly and all would be well. Many of us dream of a client who considers the 'community vibe' of the public chatroom. Good luck Freddy!

I, and a lot of models I know will do this, it's sort of a way to 'warm up'/procrastinate a little by chatting with a client you enjoy talking to before facing a room of unknowns. She probably considers you a kind ear. :h: I bet you could navigate giving her this feedback gently and directly and all would be well. Many of us dream of a client who considers the 'community vibe' of the public chatroom. Good luck Freddy!
The longer I hang around on this forum the more I realize there's a lot of diarrhea of the mouth on both sides. Land on a tactic, it works, then some guy gets freaked out, it's only human nature to share struggles when they exist and to be like "hey that means I can't do this right now" and everyone reacts with "yes you can AND MORE!" As if oversharing yourself is the answer to the question of why humans have a constant want to break their friends into groups and who does what for me and when and how...and viewers often self-compartmentalize themselves into those slots when the model is just like "cool, you're fucking tipping, that's awesome, my electric bill just got paid, my rent is covered, I can feed my kid my cat my dog my goldfish..."

The longer I hang around on this forum the more I realize there's a lot of diarrhea of the mouth on both sides. Land on a tactic, it works, then some guy gets freaked out, it's only human nature to share struggles when they exist and to be like "hey that means I can't do this right now" and everyone reacts with "yes you can AND MORE!" As if oversharing yourself is the answer to the question of why humans have a constant want to break their friends into groups and who does what for me and when and how...and viewers often self-compartmentalize themselves into those slots when the model is just like "cool, you're fucking tipping, that's awesome, my electric bill just got paid, my rent is covered, I can feed my kid my cat my dog my goldfish..."
Did I do diarrhea of the mouth now or ...

I think maybe I just confessed to it? :giggle: It's a lonely job, we make mistakes, especially those of use who are single/lacking a supportive home environment. It's definitely more important for me to consider my clients needs than mine but alas I am a weak human being and hope this perspective helped OP a little bit. And I hope it helps me too!

Did I do diarrhea of the mouth now or ...

I think maybe I just confessed to it? :giggle: It's a lonely job, we make mistakes, especially those of use who are single/lacking a supportive home environment. It's definitely more important for me to consider my clients needs than mine but alas I am a weak human being and hope this perspective helped OP a little bit. And I hope it helps me too!
Oh I'm sorry, no no no. This was me basically breaking down from all of the demands I was dealing with and being just vomit-worthy myself. I say too much sometimes, as if I feel obligated to explain to the nth degree to people who just don't give a damn.

In the last 24 hours I have had two guys try to control my income from the other person on the belief one was being overshadowed (they both believed that) and woke up to an email from a very drunk fan club member detailing how I should enjoy being objectified by him. (We talked about it, he meant sexualized but I am still traumatized.)

I'm so sorry love, sending you big hugs and appreciation! This may be a lil unhelpful to OP now but I think we can get back to the point: It's hard sometimes to not overshare in an intimate space for humans. No matter who we are, we don't need to objectify or abuse or especially traumatize a person.

/sending more hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: Vixxen81
Questions:
- How does your favorite Fan club member behave apart from the obvious tipping?
- When and how often are free PMs ok for you?
- I never give advice when I'm not asked, but is there anything I could do to tell her about the things I described above?
- Do you ask Fans to shut up, or do you ignore PMs when it gets too much?

My very personal view on this:
  1. Tipping good is the most important factor to me in order for a member to be in my favorites, regardless if they are a Fan Club member or not. Respecting the fact that my bills and taxes wasn't covered by their tip/membership alone, and that I need to show attention to other tippers as well, is the 2nd most important factor.
  2. Never. Even humanitarian volunteers are getting paid for their times and services. And I'm working, not volunteering to save anyone from his evil boner.
  3. No. You are not entitled to give suggestions on how she should run her business.
  4. Unpaid PMs: I don't even open. Unpaid means unappreciated. Paid: I respond as long as they keep paying the full price. Fan Club PMs: My Fan Club subscription is high enough for me to follow the conversation without a tip being mandatory at first. Yet, after a certain amount of time, tipping is expected as a form of etiquette and appreciation.

My very personal view on this:
  1. Tipping good is the most important factor to me in order for a member to be in my favorites, regardless if they are a Fan Club member or not. Respecting the fact that my bills and taxes wasn't covered by their tip/membership alone, and that I need to show attention to other tippers as well, is the 2nd most important factor.
  2. Never. Even humanitarian volunteers are getting paid for their times and services. And I'm working, not volunteering to save anyone from his evil boner.
  3. No. You are not entitled to give suggestions on how she should run her business.
  4. Unpaid PMs: I don't even open. Unpaid means unappreciated. Paid: I respond as long as they keep paying the full price. Fan Club PMs: My Fan Club subscription is high enough for me to follow the conversation without a tip being mandatory at first. Yet, after a certain amount of time, tipping is expected as a form of etiquette and appreciation.
Mary is conducting a masterclass here 🙌