AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did SC stop supporting old versions of Windows and/or Firefox?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Nov 18, 2022
I suddenly can't properly access Stripchat with my desktop that runs Windows 7 and an older Firefox:
- With a normal (non-private) browser tab, trying to load the main page just gives me a black screen with spinning circles.
- With a private browser tab it works fine loading the main page, but any rooms I click on loads OK except for the most important bit - the display of the model's video stream.

Using my dinky laptop that runs Windows 10 and a modern Firefox I find everthing works normally (except that the CPU and GPU are much slower than my desktop, which makes using Stripchat painfully slow :(

I have an older laptop running Win 7 and Firefox, and SC seems to be fine on that, no noticeable difference from my Win 10 laptop.
If clearing cache, cookies etc makes no difference, I have no idea why you're experiencing that issue.
I am using FF v115.16.1 which is the latest though.
Are you unable to update to the latest version of FF, or are you resisting making the change?

Upvote 0
Turns out it was a newly installed add-on causing the problem - "YouTube Downloader (UDL Helper)".
Why an add-on designed for youtube has this effect puzzles me...

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
Extensions can be great, but they can also be problematic - if you look at the required permissions before installing them, many ask for full access to read and modify settings and user data.
That can cover many things, and potentially compromise your system security as well as have unexpected functionality issues.

• Helpful!
Reactions: vivo
Upvote 0