AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Daredevil

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2010
Tulsa
I've just started the fourth episode, and this show is BRUTAL. In violence. I'd almost say Walking Dead brutal. but, you know, with living people beating the everliving shit out of each other. And it seems to be escalating each episode. It's good so far. Also, I had no idea Rosario Dawson was in it as basically the Night Nurse.

This show, man... brutal as hell.

Also, while I liked Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin in the movie (only good thing, really), they really gave him nothing to do. I know, not fair, TV show vs movie, but still...

I'd totally watch a spinoff of this that is just Wilson Fisk talking to Gao for forever. Or just Fisk & Vanessa. Or Stick being Stick.

It's okay. It seems to be mostly for hardcore fans of Marvel, though. I'm not, and while I didn't have to try to like other Marvel TV shows or movies, I might give up on this. It looks really good, and the action's fun, but the dialogue is weak. Even D'Onofrio was pretty disappointing, AFAIC.

Ok, now that I've finished this...

Rand Corp blinded Matt Murdoch! I am real happy that it appears Gao is from K'un-L'un, what with all the heroin having the Steel Serpent logo on it, and her clearly having powers. and Claire's ex in the comics, who kept secrets, is Luke Cage. so I think they're totally setting up the other shows in this. Mostly Iron Fist, though. and wtf was the Black Sky? Although, I'm not sure there were any hints toward AKA Jessica Jones.

Reactions: hapa74
3 days til season 2 (and the new Pee Wee movie on Netflix. I think I'm almost more excited for that, though Daredevil will be good, too).

I love daredevil! And I'm not typically a superhero fan. I've never been real into marvel or DC but these series are great. Love Jessica Jones too and I can't wait for Luke Cage

IMO daredevil feature some of the best character study that has ever been featured in a series... Of like, all time.
Fisk and Castle are so beautifully delivered it makes my inner writing and drama dork tear up.
I'm not a comic book person, but speaking artistically... Daredevil is fantastic!

Reactions: fandango
IMO daredevil feature some of the best character study that has ever been featured in a series... Of like, all time.
Fisk and Castle are so beautifully delivered it makes my inner writing and drama dork tear up.
I'm not a comic book person, but speaking artistically... Daredevil is fantastic!

I agree that Fisk, and Castle are great. Sadly Murdock is a horrible lawyer though, what we need is a good superhero lawyer show. What I want is She-Hulk to get her own series, she can take over the cases normal lawyers refuse to touch.
LxIJnpv.jpg

Reactions: Gen
I'm not at all familiar with the comics and I found it really engaging. Castle was great in this season, provided a nice contrast to Daredevil's absolute ethical position and it was a great casting choice.

I love the lighting and the production standards as a whole are superb, but I have to admit I'm annoyed every time Karen comes on because they so often use a green light which makes her hair look really brassy. Nitpicking, I know.

Reactions: Gen
I loved the first season and the second season was awesome up until about halfway through when it just sort of seemed to fizzle out. It was almost as if they spent ages perfecting the first half and then had to tack on a few more episodes in a rush.

Still love the show though and can't wait for season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.