AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Crackling audio in Chrome

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2011
I've recently experienced an annoying crackling noise when viewing webcams using Google Chrome. I thought it might be my sound card or drivers but it seems many others are having the same issue. I found out how to fix it and thought I'd share.

I discovered that the noise occurred on MFC but also on other websites, that the audio was fine before while using the same browser, and that the audio is fine when using Internet Explorer. Apparently the newer version(s) of Chrome's built-in Flash player is causing the crackling audio.

To solve the issue, type in "chrome://Plugins" in the address bar.
Click on the '+ Details' button on the top right of the page.
Find 'Flash' under the Plug-in list. There should be 2 versions of Flash and the first one should be "PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll". Click on 'Disable'.
The 2nd version should be enabled. If it does not appear, you can get the latest version of Adobe Flash Player by visiting this link in a different browser like Internet Explorer and installing it. http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

While that will work for viewers... I'd not recommend that to the less technical models on the site. It will disable any future automatic updates of Chrome's Flash plugin, which obviously is a bad thing since we are hoping that future updates will work better with MFC's broadcaster. The admin who is responsible for the broadcaster asked that this not be recommended to MFC models at this time.

I've posted a fix for models within the models only section of the forum. :thumbleft:

To all ladies who have access, please find the fix HERE.

Reactions: Evvie
Status
Not open for further replies.