AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

copyright your content

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Dec 1, 2022
Chaturbate Username
urstroke_bud
Hi all,

I was looking more into trying other content sites like onlyfans but hesitate cause of giving people easy access to do what they like. I was wondering if its a good idea to put a watermark on my photos something with my model name or website. Something to show others if they use my likeness to deceive others or profit off it.

Thanks!!

I watermark my content everywhere, so if it gets pirated they have my name to buy the good stuff. I don't post much to OF, but like Vixen said they have a setting to watermark it for you. I take my full clips, and make extended teasers for OF, so that if they do pirate them, it's basically advertising my full clips. Becuase I have a title page for 5 seconds at the beginning.

I watermark my content everywhere, so if it gets pirated they have my name to buy the good stuff. I don't post much to OF, but like Vixen said they have a setting to watermark it for you. I take my full clips, and make extended teasers for OF, so that if they do pirate them, it's basically advertising my full clips. Becuase I have a title page for 5 seconds at the beginning.
That's really smart!! I like that, thanks for that!

Your watermark is definitely an important advert! Stuff WILL get pirated and shared and found in the strangest of places. I usually just use my username for whatever platform I'm uploading to as my watermark as some have different rules (Niteflirt and Streamate are the picky ones about this of the places I post/sell.). OF, Fansly, and Loyalfans will watermark for you (idk ALL the sites, check where you sell! I end up with folders of content watermarked slightly differently for some platforms and promo stuff watermarked up the wazoo. ;) When I had an indie paysite over a decade ago, that was my watermark.)

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Hi all,

I was looking more into trying other content sites like onlyfans but hesitate cause of giving people easy access to do what they like. I was wondering if its a good idea to put a watermark on my photos something with my model name or website. Something to show others if they use my likeness to deceive others or profit off it.

Thanks!!
Just to be clear, your content is copyrighted the moment you create it in most countries. You do not need to watermark it or register it anywhere in order to have copyright.

Watermarking can be a good strategy for many of the reasons listed in this thread. It also makes it harder for people to catfish as you.

There is also another reason to consider watermarking if you’re based in the USA- if anyone changes covers or removes your watermark the amount you’re entitled to in damages goes up significantly. As such, one strategy is to have a small or easily cropped watermark as “bait” then file lawsuits.

The reason most adult performers don’t file suits is usually due to identity exposure, and also you have to find the person who has breached your copyright, and then they need to have enough money to be worth going after.

For US performers can also register copyright on all your content with the uspto. You can do this quarterly to save money. if you register copyright you get certain added protections and you no longer have to prove a certainty level of damages in court.

- not a lawyer, this is based off notes from convo with copyright and IP lawyers so my understanding may have mistakes etc.

From my experience, watermarks are easily removed.
It is but most in MY experience (which is ~15 years total), 'most' pirates are lazy / don't bother and some pirated content can serve profitable purposes. As with most things in this tightrope of an industry, this is EXTREMELY variable, delicate, and personal territory as to navigating the cost / benefits of such things.

For marketing (which I have ~20 years doing), watermark styles depend a lot on audience, purpose, and brand.

So, I think it's a good idea to do. It's simple, can help protect you to some degree in some places, and can be part of your viral / word of mouth marketing, which is GOLD.