AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

cannabinoids in breast milk?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2011
humboldt county, CA
QodKw.png

I just had to find an excuse to share my boobybud pic, so I googled "marijuana breasts" and here's what I found... :mrgreen:

Major chemicals found in marijuana are in breast milk.

This is one of those that makes a lot more sense when explained. The chemicals in question are called cannabinoids. Cannabinoids are responsible for the feeling of munchies after marijuana consumption because they stimulate appetite in adults.

If you’ve ever seen how a baby acts after being fed, this might make a lot of sense. The reason why they exhibit symptoms similar to being “high” after breastfeeding is just because they have been drinking their cannabinoids.

So why do cannabinoids even belong in breast milk? For two reasons. First, it helps to stimulate an infant’s appetite, guaranteeing the infant will consume a necessary amount of milk. Second, it helps to calm and relax the baby.

If you’ve ever seen a mother breastfeed to ease her child’s crying or seen an upset infant completely relax while feeding, now you know cannabinoids are the reason why. Cannabinoids are not, however, present in baby formula, which as it turns out adds one more reason why formula is inferior to breast milk.

Read more at http://www.omg-facts.com/Science/Major- ... I8XFzRJ.99

Of course, I had to research this further...
4y1Mh.gif

Woven into the fabric of the human body is an intricate system of proteins known as cannabinoid receptors that are specifically designed to process cannabinoids such as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), one of the primary active components of marijuana. And it turns out, based on the findings of several major scientific studies, that human breast milk naturally contains many of the same cannabinoids found in marijuana, which are actually extremely vital for proper human development.

Cell membranes in the body are naturally equipped with these cannabinoid receptors which, when activated by cannabinoids and various other nutritive substances, protect cells against viruses, harmful bacteria, cancer, and other malignancies. And human breast milk is an abundant source of endocannabinoids, a specific type of neuromodulatory lipid that basically teaches a newborn child how to eat by stimulating the suckling process.

If it were not for these cannabinoids in breast milk, newborn children would not know how to eat, nor would they necessarily have the desire to eat, which could result in severe malnourishment and even death. Believe it or not, the process is similar to how adult individuals who smoke pot get the "munchies," as newborn children who are breastfed naturally receive doses of cannabinoids that trigger hunger and promote growth and development.

"[E]ndocannabinoids have been detected in maternal milk and activation of CB1 (cannabinoid receptor type 1) receptors appears to be critical for milk sucking ... apparently activating oral-motor musculature," says the abstract of a 2004 study on the endocannabinoid receptor system that was published in the European Journal of Pharmacology.

"The medical implications of these novel developments are far reaching and suggest a promising future for cannabinoids in pediatric medicine for conditions including 'non-organic failure-to-thrive' and cystic fibrosis."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036526_canna ... z2ApiPA8Rm

The endocannabinoid-CB1 receptor system in pre- and postnatal life
-Ester Fride

Recent research suggests that the endogenous cannabinoids (“endocannabinoids”) and their cannabinoid receptors have a major influence during pre- and postnatal development. First, high levels of the endocannaboid anandamide and cannabinoid receptors are present in the preimplantation embryo and in the uterus, while a temporary reduction of anandamide levels is essential for embryonal implantation. In women accordingly, an inverse association has been reported between fatty acid amide hydrolase (the anandamide degrading enzyme) in human lymphocytes and miscarriage. Second, CB1 receptors display a transient presence in white matter areas of the pre- and postnatal nervous system, suggesting a role for CB1 receptors in brain development. Third, endocannabinoids have been detected in maternal milk and activation of CB1 receptors appears to be critical for milk sucking by newborn mice, apparently activating oral–motor musculature. Fourth, anandamide has neuroprotectant properties in the developing postnatal brain. Finally, prenatal exposure to the active constituent of marihuana (Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol) or to anandamide affects prefrontal cortical functions, memory and motor and addictive behaviors, suggesting a role for the endocannabinoid CB1 receptor system in the brain structures which control these functions. Further observations suggest that children may be less prone to psychoactive side effects of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol or endocannabinoids than adults. The medical implications of these novel developments are far reaching and suggest a promising future for cannabinoids in pediatric medicine for conditions including “non-organic failure-to-thrive” and cystic fibrosis.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014299904007423

I was never breast fed myself, and I have more than made up my lack of cannabinoids as an infant. I wonder if there is a connection... :shifty:

So at my old job, my boss was pregnant and smoked weed like um... like a stoner, I guess.

So once I was like, "you shouldn't smoke weed while you're pregnant, right?"
And she was all, "it doesn't matter because the particles are too big to cross the placenta."
And I was like, "cool story, bro."

I think it is best to trust mother nature. Your body has the babies needs all taken care of--even natural cannabinoids apparently. Smoking marijuana while pregnant or nursing would just upset that balance it seems...

Mammals, including humans, produce endocannabinoids, which are THC-like compounds. These THC-like compounds include anandamide and 2-AG. Anandamide and 2-AG activate the same receptors as THC, and are found in bovine and human breast milk. Adding THC to the mix of endocannabinoids in breast milk may lead to changes in development but scientists just aren’t sure if any of these differences in animals translate into long term changes in human development.

The developmental effects of THC exposure remain unclear, but the blocking of cannabinoid receptor activation during early development is considered to have “catastrophic” effects. Studies by Ester Fride and colleagues have demonstrated the importance of having an endocannabinoid system that is functioning properly. For example, one of the studies by Fride et al. showed that the administration of SR141716A, a drug which prevents CB1 receptor activation, will kill 50% of baby mice within 2 days, due to a disruption of feeding behavior. In another experiment from the same study, THC was able to reverse the disruption in feeding behavior induced by SR141716A.

Additional studies in mice and rats have shown that prenatal or postnatal exposure to cannabis or cannabinoids may lead to subtle changes in breast milk and development. However, many of these animal studies do not have much, if any human data to corroborate them.

http://www.examiner.com/article/cannnabinoids-breast-milk-and-development

LiLredhairedgrl said:
QodKw.png

I just had to find an excuse to share my boobybud pic, so I googled "marijuana breasts" and here's what I found... :mrgreen:

I can not speak for the others here, but I would have taken "I have a picture of boobs and bud." as a valid reason to post that picture. I also would have taken "I have a picture of boobs.".

Reactions: Shaun__
Status
Not open for further replies.