AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camgirl Being Blackmailed...?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice_Biscuit

Cam Model
V.I.P. AmberLander
Sep 30, 2012
UK
loudr.fm
Twitter Username
@AliceBiscuit
MFC Username
AliceBiscuit
Hey guys, this is my first post here, nice to meet you. =)

A bit of an upsetting first post actually, I'm looking for some advice from you well-knowledgable people. Now I understand there's a bit of controversy about skype shows, but I'd decided that I would do them for tokens, and not risk anything with paypal.

Yesterday, I was added on skype by someone I'd never heard of, who wanted a skype show. I don't normally do them without knowing a person, but I'd just been playing drinking games on MFC, and my judgement was a little skewed. I told him I would do the show for MFC tokens, which he agreed to. He asked me to go on cam to discuss details with him, so I did (again, not something I'd do if I'd been sober).

Once I realised that he was just leading me on for free stuff, I told politely that I was ending the show, and did so. Now he's messaging me with blackmail, saying that if I don't do a show for him, he will tell MFC that I asked for paypal. I am really worried that I'm going to lose my account, but there's no way I am going to succumb to blackmail. I got a screenshot of his blackmail message and emailed it to MFC support with a message explaining what had happened.

Have I done the right thing? I feel a bit out of my depth with this. I'd love some insight. x

If i were you i would send mfc your chat logs of him blackmailing you. In your chat logs it will say that you offered a show for tokens which as far as i know is totally within the rules. Besides proving you did nothing wrong they will hopefully ban him from the site as he needs to be for pulling such childish bullshit. Just mega ban him (60 days) and don't worry. You did nothing wrong. Lots of girls offer Skype shows for tokens. Next time just make sure you get tokens before you even add someone on Skype.

He can't do anything. You met him off skype. He added you, you accepted and you never did the show for him. Even if he had paid you with paypal or you'd offered it it's nothing to do with mfc. If you say you hadn't known him off mfc they will see you have absolutely no chat log with him.
You are completely entitled to work on other sites, meet random people, give them shows for free, for paypal, anything! So no, his blackmail is complete bullshit. Also, fact is, no proof. Mfc understand that there are a LOT of nasty, scamming, blackmailing members. They are on our side because we bring in money. One disgruntled member is one disgruntled member, unless that one member spends more on mfc than you earn on your paycheque then you're benefitting the site more so it's in their interests to take your side over theirs. Especially if they don't have proof. For them to do anything about it they'd have to have proof from several different members.

Don't worry hun, we all sometimes have bad judgements or stupidly trust people. There are a lot of guys out there who'll do anything to get attention/some one on one time! Anyone trying to get free time by wasting your time is going to be a nasty piece of work in one way or another. Good that you messaged mfc as they might be able to ban the guy if he has the same username.
Remember also this guy probably goes round hundreds, even thousands of girls rooms, tracks down their skypes, adds them, and see's if they'll do what he wants. Probably a few girls get as far as you do and a few girls respond the the blackmail the way he wants. He won't do anything about it, because he's probably threatening 10 other girls at the same time. He can't send mfcs mails about 10 girls at the same time about it without it looking suspicious, would just move onto the next girl!

I agree with everyone on here. Contact MFC model support and tell them about this guy's behavior. Try to keep it short and sweet. It'll be easier for them to understand and interpret that way. Let them know he's harassing you and attempting to blackmail you. They will probably respond telling you that they've given him a warning, at the very least.

Alice_93 said:
Hey guys, this is my first post here, nice to meet you. =)

A bit of an upsetting first post actually, I'm looking for some advice from you well-knowledgable people. Now I understand there's a bit of controversy about skype shows, but I'd decided that I would do them for tokens, and not risk anything with paypal.

Yesterday, I was added on skype by someone I'd never heard of, who wanted a skype show. I don't normally do them without knowing a person, but I'd just been playing drinking games on MFC, and my judgement was a little skewed. I told him I would do the show for MFC tokens, which he agreed to. He asked me to go on cam to discuss details with him, so I did (again, not something I'd do if I'd been sober).

Once I realised that he was just leading me on for free stuff, I told politely that I was ending the show, and did so. Now he's messaging me with blackmail, saying that if I don't do a show for him, he will tell MFC that I asked for paypal. I am really worried that I'm going to lose my account, but there's no way I am going to succumb to blackmail. I got a screenshot of his blackmail message and emailed it to MFC support with a message explaining what had happened.

Have I done the right thing? I feel a bit out of my depth with this. I'd love some insight. x

Hi, Alice! :hello2: It's nice to meet you.

I think you did the right thing in giving MFC a heads up about this douchebag. I take screen shots, too, of certain things, when I think it's necessary. Hell, on ImLive they won't take a model's complaint seriously UNLESS she sends them a screen shot of what happened.

This guy may not have even contacted MFC...probably just trying to scare you into giving him a free show. And even if he did contact MFC, he doesn't have a screen shot of you saying such a thing, and it's not like you have tons of prior complaints from other members. You'll be fine. He's just a bully who needs to get a life and find something better to do than try to scare good people into giving him freebies.

Block him from Skype, ban and ignore him on MFC (and make it a 60-day ban), and block him from wall posts. Guys who are banned from your room can still post shit on your profile wall, unless you block them from that too. I now have my wall posts set so that only people on my friends list can post on it. No more trolls, and no more random guys posting YouTube videos on my wall...lol.

What a peen-arse. I think you did the right thing by contacting MFC. I wouldn't worry though. It's unlikely he'll even bother getting into contact with MFC - it sounds like he's just trying to scare you into giving him free shit - and even if he does, it's his word against yours and seeing as you're a model who makes them money and he's just some dick asking models for Skype shows, I can't see them believing his version of events over yours (plus, you have the screencap of the convo).
If I was you, I'd actually give him a free show on the proviso that he puts his cam on and jerks off for you - I'd then record his cam and tell him if he doesn't pay you twice what that Skype show was worth, or if you ever hear about him trying to blackmail anyone else, you'll post the video to the interwebs.
But then, you're probably a much nicer person than I am :-D

Thank you all so, SO much for all your positive posts. =) I feel so much better after reading them.

I just received a message from MFC telling me that nothing will happen to my account, so all is well! *cheers* ^-^ I've named and shamed the douche-face on Twitter, so hopefully other girls may be able to avoid him. I'll do it here too, just so you know:

steveCEO was his skype name, I think it's the same on MFC too. Avoid like the plague!

Again, you guys are wonderful, and I'm so grateful to you all for putting me at ease. *hugs*

Alice x

Alice_93 said:
Thank you all so, SO much for all your positive posts. =) I feel so much better after reading them.

I just received a message from MFC telling me that nothing will happen to my account, so all is well! *cheers* ^-^ I've named and shamed the douche-face on Twitter, so hopefully other girls may be able to avoid him. I'll do it here too, just so you know:

steveCEO was his skype name, I think it's the same on MFC too. Avoid like the plague!

Again, you guys are wonderful, and I'm so grateful to you all for putting me at ease. *hugs*

Alice x

Wait, this douche is a CEO? Makes perfect sense now!

:lol:

didn't see if it was mentioned already but ditch paypal - sooner or later they'll screw you over, take your earnings and also prevent you from ever using the account for non-camgirl stuff. Get payoneer instead.

Jupiter551 said:
didn't see if it was mentioned already but ditch paypal - sooner or later they'll screw you over, take your earnings and also prevent you from ever using the account for non-camgirl stuff. Get payoneer instead.

Yessss paypal is a bad man. No paypal. :p If someone wants to make me a cash-value gift I usually suggest amazon vouchers these days. Though the cash would be nice, I agree that it's just not worth the risk with paypal. >.<

Reactions: 1 person
Alice_93 said:
Jupiter551 said:

Yessss paypal is a bad man. No paypal. :p If someone wants to make me a cash-value gift I usually suggest amazon vouchers these days. Though the cash would be nice, I agree that it's just not worth the risk with paypal. >.<
Well I have no experience with payoneer but pretty much every model here recommends it and one of the owners posts here too

Reactions: LadyLuna
As you never spoke to this guy on myfreecams and only on Skype even if you HAD asked for paypal you have broken zero rules. Myfreecams does allow us to work on other sites and make money elsewhere they just do not allow us to take members from mfc and get them to pay us via other means. This guy added you on Skype NOT myfreecams, meaning it has absolutely zilch to do with myfreecams. You have broken no rules even if you had done what he's lying about you doing.

He's just one of the many scammers who lurk on Skype and try and get freebies off models and then try and blackmail/threaten girls into doing what they want. He has no leg to stand on.

In future if you choose to use Skype NEVER accept anyone onto your friendslist who hasn't already prepaid for a show. Even if you recognise their name unless you've spoken to them on myfreecams and discussed them adding you don't accept it. They might be another member pretending to be that person to get free attention, or even that person might be a bit of a dick (remember we know bugger all about even our nicest friendliest members, many girls have members who they've been friends with for years turn into total arseholes so be careful even with them).

There is zero reason for someone to add you on Skype without talking to you first unless they're a freeloader out to get free attention or just someone trying to scam you in some way. Pretty much all of the Skype scams/threats etc that I hear on here are from girls who've ended up accepting a friend request from someone they don't know. Have that rule drilled into your head like law and hopefully you won't break it even when you lower your inhibitions.

Remember the rules of myfreecams like the back of your hand as well and remember which rules they enforce. This helps especially when members try making threats.

If you do choose to use Skype there are several threads in the models only section stating some of the risks involved. You should read these very carefully and take the correct steps as Skype is actually extremely unsafe for camgirls and girls do need to take appropriate precautions to limit the risks involved.

ComicOzzie said:
Alice_93 said:

Alice x

Wait, this douche is a CEO? Makes perfect sense now!

:lol:

It's an acronym for Crap-Eating Oaf.

Lol I just realised that I'd already commented on this in September! And replied with pretty much exactly the same thing! I'd thought it was a new thread and didn't read through the whole thing! I guess at least I'm consistent... but yeah... what an idiot! :p

Reactions: Nordling
Just wanted to update this for everyone. This guy contacted me on my skype last night, and offered me $500 for a two hour skype. Peaked my interest, but I know if it sounds too good to be true, it prob. is. So I talked to him a little bit about what he wanted. He wanted 3 shows a week, two hours each... $500 for two hours. He also said he would take me shopping online for lingerie he wanted me to wear for him. Seemed ok... until he wanted me to dress up for him and get online, before he paid me... he offered many types of payment though.... I wanted an egift card that I could claim immediately, which he seemed ok with. He said he would pay me after he made sure my outfit was what he wanted and that he would also give me a $200 bonus if it was to his liking. he was going to pay for the first hour after that, and then pay for the 2nd hour at the end of the first one. I ended up asking him for a gesture of good faith, $25 or $50 GC that I would put toward the balance of the time. B/c lets face it, scammers don't want to pay anything. After i asked him for that.. he stopped talking to me. in the mean time, I looked on this forum and found this topic after searching for the name.. he is now using "Banker Executive" and said his real name was tyler. he said he is a CEO or Director of a prestigious company and he wouldn't be on cam until he got to know me and could trust me. if it turns out to be real.. Ill let you know... but so far... SCAM... :) Good Day

HayleeHayes said:
Just wanted to update this for everyone. This guy contacted me on my skype last night, and offered me $500 for a two hour skype. Peaked my interest, but I know if it sounds too good to be true, it prob. is. So I talked to him a little bit about what he wanted. He wanted 3 shows a week, two hours each... $500 for two hours. He also said he would take me shopping online for lingerie he wanted me to wear for him. Seemed ok... until he wanted me to dress up for him and get online, before he paid me... he offered many types of payment though.... I wanted an egift card that I could claim immediately, which he seemed ok with. He said he would pay me after he made sure my outfit was what he wanted and that he would also give me a $200 bonus if it was to his liking. he was going to pay for the first hour after that, and then pay for the 2nd hour at the end of the first one. I ended up asking him for a gesture of good faith, $25 or $50 GC that I would put toward the balance of the time. B/c lets face it, scammers don't want to pay anything. After i asked him for that.. he stopped talking to me. in the mean time, I looked on this forum and found this topic after searching for the name.. he is now using "Banker Executive" and said his real name was tyler. he said he is a CEO or Director of a prestigious company and he wouldn't be on cam until he got to know me and could trust me. if it turns out to be real.. Ill let you know... but so far... SCAM... :) Good Day

It's Zuckerberg. Gotta be. :lol:

Lol 'SteveCEO', 'Executive Banker', 'Banker Executive'... I think I see a theme here, well, other than him being a wanker - the fact that he's consistently attempting to impersonate a very rich person made me instantly think he is likely a very poor person, but it also made me wonder if the scheme actually works because it plays on greed. The lure of the fast buck has to be one of the oldest misdirection confidence tricks around - still works though.

$500 for 2 hours work really is too good to be true, but for too many people they might need it badly enough that they suspend disbelief just enough to actually convince themselves.

HayleeHayes said:

Yeah, when the extremely rich dude balks at sending you ANY tokens or money, its probably a scam.

I spoke with this same motherfucker recently. His skype username is now Fashion CEO (lol). He said the same shit to me: he wanted three shows a week, said I was the perfect girl, started with the whole $500 or $1,000 for a 2 hour Skype thing then was eventually telling me he'd buy me a car and a house :roll: Yet every time I asked him to pay, he'd say he was going to and then change the subject. He never told me his MFC name, if he even has one, so unfortunately I can't even block him on there. I wish there was more I could do beyond blocking him on Skype; this guy is a real douchebag.

Reactions: Alice_Biscuit
Whoah, almost a year later, and this motherfucker's still going? o.0 Jesus, that's some determination right there. I wonder what makes someone want to scam hardworking camgirls so badly?

At least the word has been spread. I'm going to go post his pseudonyms on twitter...

zippypinhead said:
How's this guy finding people on Skype?

Probably by sitting there in his dirty drawz (yes, I said 'drawz' instead of 'drawers'...lol) searching on Skype for models he pervs on. Some models' Skype screen names are the same as their cam names.

yummybrownfox said:
zippypinhead said:

Probably by sitting there in his dirty drawz (yes, I said 'drawz' instead of 'drawers'...lol) searching on Skype for models he pervs on. Some models' Skype screen names are the same as their cam names.

Moral of the story is never accept randoms on Skype. I only accept people who I've asked to add me, and that happened rarely. Some members will message me on skype when they haven't paid for a show, that annoys me as I ONLY go onto Skype if I have an arranged show or go on specifically to speak to someone. If it's a regular then I don't mind so much, but even so, if i'm trying to do a show I don't really want the skype sound buzzing up, and I don't want to have to respond telling them I'm in a show right in the middle of a show.

No one who has lots of money tries to go Skype with models instead of MFC. MFC isn't stupid as a company, myfreecams doesn't come up on your credit card. In fact, getting gift cards sent to e-mails and sending money through paypal is a lot more traceable if they have a wife or whatever. Myfreecams looks totally normal if someone does go through your credit card statements, and I don't think you can even trace it back to the site, though I've never tried. There is absolutely no reason for a member to not buy tokens actually on myfreecams.

Isabella_deL said:
yummybrownfox said:
zippypinhead said:

Moral of the story is never accept randoms on Skype. I only accept people who I've asked to add me, and that happened rarely. Some members will message me on skype when they haven't paid for a show, that annoys me as I ONLY go onto Skype if I have an arranged show or go on specifically to speak to someone. If it's a regular then I don't mind so much, but even so, if i'm trying to do a show I don't really want the skype sound buzzing up, and I don't want to have to respond telling them I'm in a show right in the middle of a show.

No one who has lots of money tries to go Skype with models instead of MFC. MFC isn't stupid as a company, myfreecams doesn't come up on your credit card. In fact, getting gift cards sent to e-mails and sending money through paypal is a lot more traceable if they have a wife or whatever. Myfreecams looks totally normal if someone does go through your credit card statements, and I don't think you can even trace it back to the site, though I've never tried. There is absolutely no reason for a member to not buy tokens actually on myfreecams.

It looks suspicious to me. It even says you were buying tokens.

KgqIKa1.jpg

Reactions: Sevrin
Shaun__ said:
Isabella_deL said:
yummybrownfox said:
zippypinhead said:

KgqIKa1.jpg

Weird, mine says "ccbill.com activsoft" when I buy tokens.

Reactions: Sevrin
Jessi said:
Shaun__ said:
Isabella_deL said:
yummybrownfox said:
zippypinhead said:

KgqIKa1.jpg

Weird, mine says "ccbill.com activsoft" when I buy tokens.
It depends on the payment processor. You can't buy 1875+ with CCBill.

Status
Not open for further replies.