AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best noise suppressing software or microphone?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2022
I live next to a busy road so all day cars drive by and it's very loud. I'm planning on buying a new microphone but i read that all microphone's pretty much pick up noise.
So the key is to downloading noise suppression/noise gate software.

Does anyone here use any? And can you recommend it?
Also does anyone have the Elgato wave 3 microphone? I am planning on buying it but i don't know if it's actually the best microphone for a noisy room. I just know it has great audio.

I live next to a busy road so all day cars drive by and it's very loud. I'm planning on buying a new microphone but i read that all microphone's pretty much pick up noise.
So the key is to downloading noise suppression/noise gate software.

Does anyone here use any? And can you recommend it?
Also does anyone have the Elgato wave 3 microphone? I am planning on buying it but i don't know if it's actually the best microphone for a noisy room. I just know it has great audio.
A lot of people recommended nvidea rtx voice to me, but my graphics card didn't handle it well. I tried installing a hack of it, but I think something went wrong with that lol.
Things were good until they weren't 😆 ...
Basically, I heard it worked good for other people, but not me.

I paid for a sub to Krisp, but never renewed past month 1. I think, generally, if you put your mic on cardiod mode, then turn the gain down it helps too. You can also strategically hang things around your room, that help w redirecting sound waves.

Krisp wasn't any better than noise gate, and noise gate was free. But this was as of a few years ago (for me).

Having carpet and lots of objects in the room/ home/ apartment whatever help too. Bare wood floor is killer.
That's all I got on that.

Cool topic; curious what others have to say too...

Last edited:
Reactions: ElGato
A lot of people recommended nvidea rtx voice to me, but my graphics card didn't handle it well. I tried installing a hack of it, but I think something went wrong with that lol.
Things were good until they weren't 😆 ...

This is how it was for me too, it just stops working right after a while and I have to turn it off but I havent tried it in about a year so i'm not sure if they ever fixed that.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Elgato products are great. (no sponsorship of my username). The Wave 3 is good because it has a cardioid polar pattern which means it will not be as sensitive to sound on the back side of the mic.
Mic placement with this will help such as keeping the the back of the mic facing the noisiest direction. Likely a window facing the street. It will still pick up loud vehicle sounds that bounce around your walls but it's the first step

If you are going to be streaming thru OBS, one wonderful feature about OBS is that it supports the same VST audio plugins that recording creation/mixing/mastering software does.
So any good noise suppression, compressor/limiter plugins can be used. I've found the best, most effective plugin to be the Izotope audio plugins. The Voice De-Noise plugin in the RX Elements bundle may be plenty for you... https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/rx-elements/

Here's a great walkthrough of setting up and using VST plugins in OBS with links to quality free plugins you can download and use. Including some plugins made by ElGato (no relation)
The ElGato noise removal plugin looks like it may be a good option as it does mention traffic noise

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
I like Krisp software. I mentioned it in one of the other threads also;

https://krisp.ai/

Sorry for the delay - I had missed your post. :) Once downloaded, it works as a virtual microphone. So you select is as your mic to use when broadcasting when you need to. I find it easy to use, and from user feedback, it is very effective, it also blocks out my music if i have something playing on my phone by the laptop.

The only downside for me is that if I am not not chatting constantly, Stripchat seems to think I have altogether lost microphone and their webRTC does not like you streaming without mic.

The app is not free but not very expensive either, if memory serves me right, I pay about 15 dollars a month for it.

I am not affiiated - just a happy user.

Status
Not open for further replies.