AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best noise reduction filters for a microphone?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Nov 15, 2022
I live right next to a very busy road and cars pass by nonstop. It is so loud that it is very audible on my microphone. Because of that i can only work graveyard shifts when traffic is less, but it's taking a toll on my health.
I bought a new microphone, the el gato wave 3 to see if it would help. It comes with Stream link where you can put certain filters like noise gates or noise suppressors, however i haven't been able to find a good one.

Does anyone here use (free) noise gates / noise suppressor? And if so, which ones and on what setting?
It would really mean a lot if someone could help me.

Right now i only use Renegade as a noise gate. It helps a little, but the max noise reduction setting i can put it is -1, and even then i still hear the cars go by when i'm not talking.
The el gato noise suppressor does mute most cars, but unfortunately it almost mutes my voice a lot and makes me sound like a robot, so i haven't been able to use it.

I've seen some people use the standard noise filters in OBS. A noise gate and RNNOISE. But for some reason, when i select them both, they do absolutely nothing.
Maybe i made a mistake somehow with the settings, i don't know. I'm really bad when it comes to tech stuff, so i would really appreciate someone helping me out if it's not too much trouble.
Thank you.

I live right next to a very busy road and cars pass by nonstop. It is so loud that it is very audible on my microphone. Because of that i can only work graveyard shifts when traffic is less, but it's taking a toll on my health.
I bought a new microphone, the el gato wave 3 to see if it would help. It comes with Stream link where you can put certain filters like noise gates or noise suppressors, however i haven't been able to find a good one.

Does anyone here use (free) noise gates / noise suppressor? And if so, which ones and on what setting?
It would really mean a lot if someone could help me.

Right now i only use Renegade as a noise gate. It helps a little, but the max noise reduction setting i can put it is -1, and even then i still hear the cars go by when i'm not talking.
The el gato noise suppressor does mute most cars, but unfortunately it almost mutes my voice a lot and makes me sound like a robot, so i haven't been able to use it.

I've seen some people use the standard noise filters in OBS. A noise gate and RNNOISE. But for some reason, when i select them both, they do absolutely nothing.
Maybe i made a mistake somehow with the settings, i don't know. I'm really bad when it comes to tech stuff, so i would really appreciate someone helping me out if it's not too much trouble.
Thank you.
The standard noise gate and noise suppression plugins and eq in obs are great, they take a while to get it all dialed in (the last time I set it up I think I spent around 3 hours tweaking the settings on the noise gate and the eq to stop it sounding like the microphone is in a wind tunnel), but one of the things that gets mentioned most often is how clear and crisp my audio is.