AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

are chaturbate tip notes really secret?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2016
Hello. Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of something similar to this happening on chaturbate before. A friend of mine was in a room they hadn't ever been in before and used a tip note to say something to the model. A purple user in the room responded to the tip note (which they shouldnt have been able to see) and their name wasn't visible in the user name list. My friend is kind of freaked out that the website is not secure or that someone was hacking his screen or something. I've never heard of this happening before. Is there a hack or way someone could see the models tip notes besides physically being in the room with her? (she was visibly alone) Thank you!

Think its a bot the model is running, I don't remember name of the bot though. Nobody's screen hacked.

Had it happen before, a guy answered my tipnote. Gotta say, I didn't really care for it.

Reactions: Calliope
oh I forgot all about this thread.

https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/moderator-toolbox/?version=&slot=1
This is the bot I was thinking of, claims to share tipnotes with mods. I have no idea if it works, don't really want the hassle of trying it out on the testbed to see if it does.
Also, it may have been somebody helping the model, watching her screen with something like Teamviewer.

oh I forgot all about this thread.

https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/moderator-toolbox/?version=&slot=1
This is the bot I was thinking of, claims to share tipnotes with mods. I have no idea if it works, don't really want the hassle of trying it out on the testbed to see if it does.
Also, it may have been somebody helping the model, watching her screen with something like Teamviewer.
Both of those make a lot of sense! I didn't even consider some models might want to actively share their tip notes with others.

Yeah it seems a bit confusing but normally it boils down to one of the following:
  • An Application being used
  • Someone remote controlling to help setup apps etc.
  • or the broadcaster having a Tip Menu and a room user knowing your tip list like the back of their hands.
In regards to the user not appearing in the room list, the room list can be temperamental and if she got disconnected for even 1 second and reconnected it may not force the room list to refresh.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.