AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

1. Do you allow viewers to upload GIFs of you on CB? 2. Do they even ask for permission?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2024
Splitting hair here, but if it comes to legal questions some hair splitting has to be done I think.

In my opinion, it can be a nice and funny thing to put a GIF or two into the chat when it stays classy and isn't too much. But when the model is in the GIF I think there are some things to consider. It is clear that it is generally not allowed to record the stream.

How about screenshots? Does anybody know the legal situation here? After all a screenshot is a recording of one frame so my gut feeling tells me that it's equally illegal.

Would a permission given by the model after she saw the picture in PM chat change that in any way? Again gut feeling: No, because that permission can't be certified. And this is more to protect the viewer of legal consequences, because the model might change his/her mind and in extreme cases sue the viewer.

I know that GIFs can be reported to CB. But I don't know if that isn't just some hollow method to fulfill legal requirements on CBs part without really enforcing it.

1. Do you allow viewers to upload GIFs of you on CB?
2. Do they even ask for permission?

I read a long time ago in one of the threads here, that a model was banned for putting memes with real people into the picture upload section of their bio. Its pretty logical if you ask me. After all I wouldn't be surprised if some lives of people who found themselves on a famous meme were destroyed.
but why is it different with GIFs? there are tens of thousands GIFs with real people, even children inside CB and Of course nobody asked them.

I know that in reality (almost) nobody cares. And in some cases models find it funny or are even happy when someone uploads a GIF of them. But if I'd try to put myself in their shoes I'd still like to be asked before.

Or do you see it as occupational hazard that can't be helped?

Thanks in advance!

Ever gone through the GIFS on here? Same as CB. I was looking through the ones here just yesterday and noticed that ridiculous Hawk Tuah girl meme was uploaded and I'm fairly certain Amber didn't do that but whoever hosts/houses the gif collection. I mean there's an international emoji association that determines what can be loaded onto a site as a standard across the board.

I do not allow it, I've requested them to be deleted or to have the code changed so they are not easily found.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Freddy_Fantastic
I do not allow it, I've requested them to be deleted or to have the code changed so they are not easily found.
So the reporting of GIFs can result in its deletion? Thats interesting, because reading this forum doesn't always inspire confidence in the cb staff.

thx for the answer!

Reactions: Vixxen81
So the reporting of GIFs can result in its deletion? Thats interesting, because reading this forum doesn't always inspire confidence in the cb staff.

thx for the answer!
The chaturbate staff are great....when go go through actual support channels, I think it's important to remember any posts seen here are a very small % of the total amount of support tickets.

The chaturbate staff are great....when go go through actual support channels, I think it's important to remember any posts seen here are a very small % of the total amount of support tickets.
I lowkey keep track of how the ticket numbers jump by the thousands.

I lowkey keep track of how the ticket numbers jump by the thousands.
my guess without ever really having paid attention to it is that it's probably like 1 in 5k tickets.... Am I close? 😂

But I'm pretty sure only a fraction of unresolved tickets end up here. so there might be far more problems than are visible here.
The only threads you see on here are about missing/late payments and "OMG I'm a moron who refuses to understand why I got banned."

I send emails all of the time and get resolutions. Sure it might take four days but "hey can you delete this link off my profile" is not in any way shape or form a priority for me or staff.

But I'm pretty sure only a fraction of unresolved tickets end up here. so there might be far more problems than are visible here.
OFC, so lets assume that the 1 in 5k make a post here, thats 0.02% of all support tickets, even if only 1 in 100 who were unhappy with the outcome post here about their issue thats still only 2% of the total number of support tickets where people feel they are not happy with supports outcome which is still a very low % of overall tickets.

ETA: not sure if I worded that right to make it make sense

ETA2: OFC there is also like 100 variables that go into it so it's not as simple as that, but overall 1 in 5k making a post on a 3rd party form is a pretty small amount.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vixxen81
Not a broadcaster but yes you can definitely report a gif and yeah they can be removed. Think the only catch is that you have to explain why you are reporting it.

Had to do it before when some cunt uploaded screenshot of the pvt he had with a model (she was advertising herself nonnude but would do nudity in a non spying pvt for the right amount). As far as I'm aware I was the only one who reported it (the model said she felt she couldn't see them again) and they were removed.

Reactions: Freddy_Fantastic
Status
Not open for further replies.